Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cougar King

MWC is a 1 bid league at best.

On 3/18/2023 at 7:41 PM, Spaztecs said:

Is Louisville any better ?

Yes, the region is the cradle of bourbon and baseball bats.  

On 3/18/2023 at 6:24 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

You’ve tried and failed already, go ahead and make stuff up though.  Hmhb and Utenation are really good at making petty farcical arguments about things they don’t understand, refer to them for help about those small d tendencies you seek.  

Just like CK, my team will be playing in the tourney for another game.  

Because of our Big D Tendency.  :banana:

On 3/18/2023 at 11:13 PM, East Coast Aztec said:

Yes, the region is the cradle of bourbon and baseball bats.  

Just like CK, my team will be playing in the tourney for another game.  

Because of our Big D Tendency.  :banana:

Great job beating Charleston and Furman! Louisville is not a region, it is a city on the border of Indiana and Kentucky, has a dying economy, smells like factories, surrounded by corn fields and a polluted river and the bourbon trail is hours away, unless you count satellite retail/pop ups In Louisville.  Yeah, they created a baseball bat that isn’t used by many anymore though..so there’s that?  Certainly beats the vacation capital of the world-the fastest growing city in the fastest growing state in the country.  Right??? Lol

STOP THE CAP

On 3/18/2023 at 11:36 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Great job beating Charleston and Furman! Louisville is not a region, it is on the border of Indiana and Kentucky, has a dying economy, smells like factories, surrounded by corn fields and a polluted river and the bourbon trail is hours away, unless you count satellite retail/pop ups In Louisville.  Yeah, they created a baseball bat that isn’t used by many anymore though..so there’s that?  Certainly beats the vacation capital of the world-the fastest growing city in the fastest growing state in the country.  Right??? Lol

STOP THE CAP

This is like saying Champagne, France isnt worth going to but the town holding Disney Paris is.

On 3/19/2023 at 2:39 AM, East Coast Aztec said:

This is like saying Champagne, France isnt worth going to but the town holding Disney Paris is.

I don’t know if you’re a bourbon drinker but bourbon drinkers that go to Kentucky/Tennessee for bourbon don’t go to Louisville to sit in some trendy space while homeless people piss into the river across the street and sip.  They go to Lexington and then drive along the KY/TN border, go to distilleries, walk, learn etc.  The bourbon trail/places people go are in the country.  It is not the same thing as your analogy, technically your analogy is backwards anyway.  You’re suggesting because there’s good bourbon a few hours away that a city has some weird value assigned to it, I’m implying the opposite.  

And fwiw, the places in France worth going to are the places furthest from Paris..unless you’re a teenage girl looking to ‘find yourself’.

Great job beating Charleston and Furman! Louisville is not a region, it is a city on the border of Indiana and Kentucky, has a dying economy, smells like factories, surrounded by corn fields and a polluted river and the bourbon trail is hours away, unless you count satellite retail/pop ups In Louisville.  Yeah, they created a baseball bat that isn’t used by many anymore though..so there’s that?  Certainly beats the vacation capital of the world-the fastest growing city in the fastest growing state in the country.  Right??? Lol

STOP THE CAP

Orlando sucks foo…lol

On 3/19/2023 at 12:02 AM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I don’t know if you’re a bourbon drinker but bourbon drinkers that go to Kentucky/Tennessee for bourbon don’t go to Louisville to sit in some trendy space while homeless people piss into the river across the street and sip.  They go to Lexington and then drive along the KY/TN border, go to distilleries, walk, learn etc.  The bourbon trail/places people go are in the country.  It is not the same thing as your analogy, technically your analogy is backwards anyway.  You’re suggesting because there’s good bourbon a few hours away that a city has some weird value assigned to it, I’m implying the opposite.  

And fwiw, the places in France worth going to are the places furthest from Paris..unless you’re a teenage girl looking to ‘find yourself’.

Lou-uh-vul is fun as +++++ for a couple days…lol

On 3/19/2023 at 10:11 AM, SAMO said:

Orlando sucks foo…lol

Orlando is a shitty city. Its like an erector set just popped up the downtown area. Further, there is a tent city right near the basketball and soccer arena. I ran through it during a recent business trip, and it reeked of urine and something else I was not familiar with. I am not sure what crack smells like, but I imagine that is what it was.

That tent city needs to be cleared, and the people there need to be jailed or committed. 

On 3/19/2023 at 10:02 AM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Ha. Well said. It has been over twenty years, but I remember coming home from college and some girl telling me she had a new found perspective on the world, because she studied abroad in Paris for 3.5 months.

I have been to Paris many times. Its fun for about 36 hours, then you want to just get out of there.

On 3/19/2023 at 12:18 AM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Any city that’s new to you is fine for a bit but Louisville isn’t it.  It’s basically like a less good St. Louis.  

sounds like orlando...lol

On 3/19/2023 at 12:27 AM, fanhood said:

Ha. Well said. It has been over twenty years, but I remember coming home from college and some girl telling me she had a new found perspective on the world, because she studied abroad in Paris for 3.5 months.

I have been to Paris many times. Its fun for about 36 hours, then you want to just get out of there.

french people are assholes...lol

i almost went to tahiti once...but then i realized it was full of the french...lol

On 3/18/2023 at 8:16 PM, Cougar King said:

You jackwagons sure are quiet all of a sudden.

Why is a Houston fan hanging around a MWC board with 500+ posts? I would never think about going to some C-USA board or whatever dog water league you guys play in and rack up a bunch of posts there.

On 3/18/2023 at 8:03 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

In what way?

First, let me be clear, I’m not dying to move to either one. But the food scene in Louisville is pretty damn good. Bourbon is a plus, and at least some culture. Orlando is a sprawled out nightmare filled with chain restaurants and strip malls. The only reason anyone goes there is because a cartoon mouse got cheap land 60 years ago so he can fleece parents, or they’re in the golf industry and forced to go once a year.

You know, now that I think of it, Houston at least has some good eats. 

Great job beating Charleston and Furman!

Haha!!! SDSU has one more tournament wins this weekend than UCF’s entire history. 

On 3/19/2023 at 10:45 AM, ph90702 said:

Houston swing for the fences and is going to a P5 conference because of it.  They should be applauded.

The reason they are going to a p5 conference is Tillman Fertita. I wish are Fertitta's did as much for us. They did help out though. Now there son is an assistant for us so maybe they will help more.