Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cougar King

MWC is a 1 bid league at best.

On 3/16/2023 at 8:38 PM, utenation said:

I was just going to say the same thing. They look like an 8-9 seed to me. 

N. Kentucky shot about a million 3’s and only made 14% of them. And not because Houston was playing good defense. It was a brick fest. 

The thing that you are not understanding is that those threes, although open, are taken with the mental pressure of knowing they’re playing a 1 seed.

I miss a lot of easy shots in tennis when playing against a much better player simply due to the pressure of playing them.

On 3/17/2023 at 8:26 AM, ph90702 said:

The thing that you are not understanding is that those threes, although open, are taken with the mental pressure of knowing they’re playing a 1 seed.

I miss a lot of easy shots in tennis when playing against a much better player simply due to the pressure of playing them.

There is no pressure for a 16 seed.  They're supposed to get blown out.  That's why N Kentucky was able to play so free and easy.  They literally had nothing to lose.  Sometimes the shots just don't fall.  What's impressive is that they made a game of it while not being able to hit the broad side of a barn.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 3/17/2023 at 7:26 AM, ph90702 said:

On 3/17/2023 at 7:38 AM, RSF said:

There is no pressure for a 16 seed.  They're supposed to get blown out.  That's why N Kentucky was able to play so free and easy.  They literally had nothing to lose.  Sometimes the shots just don't fall.  What's impressive is that they made a game of it while not being able to hit the broad side of a barn.

One of these two answers is correct.  PH, you should take notes for next time. 

On 3/17/2023 at 6:38 AM, RSF said:

It’s a little bit of both.  There’s not the pressure of expectations.  However, there’s the pressure that comes with being open and knowing those looks don’t grow on trees.

Utah State felt the pressure of playing a marginal SEC team yesterday.

On 3/17/2023 at 8:15 AM, ph90702 said:

It’s a little bit of both.  There’s not the pressure of expectations.  However, there’s the pressure that comes with being open and knowing those looks don’t grow on trees.

Utah State felt the pressure of playing a marginal SEC team yesterday.

Your point and logic are very weak.  My point is, Houston as a 1 seed looked very questionable. If N Kentucky even shot remotely average from the cheap seats, they win this game. Why they missed is irrelevant. 

On 3/16/2023 at 11:31 PM, NVGiant said:

it’s my least favorite major city. Dirty, ugly, mind-bending traffic, unbearable weather. 

1st round exit and stuck in G5 Hell.

If you were better, then how come nobody wants to invest in Reno or anything in Nevada not named Las Vegas?

Cougars fight for Dear ol' UofH

For our alma mater cheer

Fight for Houston University

For victory is near

When the going get so rough and tough

We never worry, CAUSE WE GOT THE STUFF!

So fight! Fight! Fight for Red and White!

And we will go to victory!

The Houston Independent School District just got taken over by the state.  And the mayor basically shrugged his shoulders and said 'expected it'.

That's Houston.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 3/17/2023 at 8:12 AM, Cougar King said:

If you were better, then how come nobody wants to invest in Reno or anything in Nevada not named Las Vegas?

houston sucks, foo…lol

On 3/17/2023 at 8:12 AM, Cougar King said:

Haha!!! Have you ever left that shithole swamp before? 

On 3/17/2023 at 8:36 AM, East Coast Aztec said:

Hey he showed you a photo of a nice creek and tall buildings!  How dare you!

I think that only has water in it when the city floods. Lol.

Houston is ranked No. 1 on this list, though ... https://www.houstoniamag.com/travel-and-outdoors/2013/11/houston-ugliest-city-in-the-first-world-november-2013

I once got caught in a traffic jam in Houston.  Which isn't so unusual.

Except...

It was a Saturday.

And 10:30 at night.

No construction.

No accident.

That's Houston.

On 3/17/2023 at 10:41 AM, NVGiant said:

Houston is ranked No. 1 on this list, though ... https://www.houstoniamag.com/travel-and-outdoors/2013/11/houston-ugliest-city-in-the-first-world-november-2013

Took my daughter to a soccer tournament in Houston the April after Harvey hit.  Only half the fields were playable because the park still hadn't drained 6 months later.

That's Houston.

On 3/17/2023 at 10:44 AM, East Coast Aztec said:

Even Texans are bagging on Houston!  :rotflmfao:

Nobody in Texas really likes to admit Houston is in the state.

On 3/17/2023 at 9:41 AM, NVGiant said:

Earlier, @Fowl made a comparison to Mumbai. I don’t think he’s far off in that comparison.  Btw, those seagulls in the one picture never landed. They were turning around because the stench was even too bad for them.  Btw, how could you live like this at all? Maybe these folks  think it’s art?

29433308-4DE1-47F0-9125-5713CDC7C8EF.jpeg

1449AD22-C70B-480D-9A9C-F9C6986AEBD2.jpeg

3115F9A8-8B2E-4E0F-B053-64C1AA98B2EC.jpeg