Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DobyZhee

Colin Kapernick calls his parents racist

I find it so wild how white people are so simultaneously triggered by this and at the same time minimizing the impact it may have had on Kap and all the other kids who have experienced the same thing. 

Just wild.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

On 3/17/2023 at 8:51 PM, smltwnrckr said:

But they did perpetuate racism. Unless u think he's a liar. 

So why are you so mad about a famous person telling the truth about his childhood?

I tell people all the time that my parents +++++ed me up in all sorts of ways. I tell them too. I said some of it in my toast for their 50th anniversary party. If anyone cared enough about me to want me to write a meoir, i would absolutely put it in there.

Am I a tool for that? Maybe. But i still don't see why anyone should care. It's between me and my parents, and that's the risk you take for raising a famous person. 

Yeah, you would be a total tool.  His memoir is a graphic comic style monstrosity of nothing by all accounts.

I've talked about how much my own upbringing may or may not have damaged my own growth.  On here.  With Friends.  Or with close personal friends.  I would never, ever subject them to the scrutiny he has because his mom did not like his hair cut.   And that really does seem to be the whole thing, the disagreement about his haircut...the fact that is what has referenced for years....just stop dude.  Yer boomer mom did not like dread locks...get the +++++ over it you petty +++++ing child instead of dragging your parents through the mud....

+++++ this spoiled brat.

On 3/17/2023 at 8:44 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yeah, you would be a total tool.  His memoir is a graphic comic style monstrosity of nothing by all accounts.

I've talked about how much my own upbringing may or may not have damaged my own growth.  On here.  With Friends.  Or with close personal friends.  I would never, ever subject them to the scrutiny he has because his mom did not like his hair cut.   And that really does seem to be the whole thing, the disagreement about his haircut...the fact that is what has referenced for years....just stop dude.  Yer boomer mom did not like dread locks...get the +++++ over it you petty +++++ing child instead of dragging your parents through the mud....

+++++ this spoiled brat.

I imagine reflecting back on your childhood and getting the impression that your parents, who are a different race, may not have liked people of your race can really mess with you head. Probably makes you wonder, “did they actually love me? Did they talk about me because of my race behind my back? Was my childhood a lie? Did they react like X to situation Y because they didn’t like me like they do other people of race Z?”

It’s just a different dynamic than typical issues with parents. 

On 3/17/2023 at 9:58 PM, SalinasSpartan said:

I imagine reflecting back on your childhood and getting the impression that your parents, who are a different race, may not have liked people of your race can really mess with you head. Probably makes you wonder, “did they actually love me? Did they talk about me because of my race behind my back? Was my childhood a lie? Did they react like X to situation Y because they didn’t like me like they do other people of race Z?”

All he has produced is that his mom did not approve of his hairstyle...that's it...That is the entirety of the proof he has offered...To stretch that to having to live with implied racist parents is....not ok with me.  

No parents are perfect, and maybe his were casually racist by not understanding that corn rows were a black cultural staple.

I do not like making his parents the highlight of news stories, which he new it would do based on the reaction of his Netflix show, for money.  That is what this seems like.  He knows torching his parents means more money and sales and pub for him....the poor martyr was told his mom did not like his cornrows....cry me a river

On 3/16/2023 at 4:15 PM, renoskier said:

seems the same to me...

but what about what you're kid wants?

seems like an unnecessary battle to me

I make my boy shave at least every other day he bitches about it.  I tell him not to wear sweats in public because it makes him look like a slob, he bitches about that too.  I get on his ass all the damned time.  Some parents ride their kids harder than me, some less.  I'm not going to pass judgement on Kap's adopted parents individual parenting decisions.

Whatever, Kap seems like an incredibly self absorbed individual.

I’m reminded of the subplot on Mad Men where Roger Sterling writes the least profound memoir ever. “I always liked chocolate ice cream but my mother only ever bought vanilla because she said it wouldn’t stain anything.”

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 3/17/2023 at 9:43 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

I’m reminded of the subplot on Mad Men where Roger Sterling writes the least profound memoir ever. “I always liked chocolate ice cream but my mother only ever bought vanilla because she said it wouldn’t stain anything.”

I"m not sure where you are going with this bud....

JFC, I just watched the whole thing.

FFS, if your parents telling you that you can't have corn rolls is the worst thing your parents ever did to you....   

This is like Harry and Meghan, professional victims finding a way to get paid telling their stories.

Anyone defending this guy at this point is ridiculous.

On 3/17/2023 at 8:04 PM, smltwnrckr said:

I find it so wild how white people are so simultaneously triggered by this and at the same time minimizing the impact it may have had on Kap and all the other kids who have experienced the same thing. 

Just wild.

The OP posted a video from a triggered black guy, not a white guy.  And yah, I'm fine with minimizing the impact of his parents not wanting him to have cornrows as if that is a great sin that perpetuates racism.

On 3/17/2023 at 9:51 PM, CPslograd said:

I"m not sure where you are going with this bud....

Just finding a humorous aspect. Lamenting not getting to do your hair the way you want and being scarred that you had to eat vanilla ice cream all because mommy said so is funny.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 3/17/2023 at 8:58 PM, SalinasSpartan said:

His parents weren’t like that, dipshit. 

kat.jpg

On 3/17/2023 at 8:04 PM, smltwnrckr said:

Just wild.

I find it so wild that hopeless wokesters like yourself are so simultaneously triggered by this and at the same time minimizing the impact that this bullshit public indictment is having on his parents. 

Just wild. 

kat.jpg