Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DobyZhee

Colin Kapernick calls his parents racist

On 3/16/2023 at 1:12 PM, Nevada Convert said:

WYO1016 should embrace his his Wyoming’ness. He looks like Liz Cheney. 

For a centrist like yourself that sounds like a compliment. 

On 3/16/2023 at 12:39 PM, tspoke said:

For a centrist like yourself that sounds like a compliment. 

I highly doubt many guys on this board would want to look like a chick. Even if there were, I doubt they’d want to look like Liz Cheney. This has nothing to do with political views. 

kat.jpg

On 3/16/2023 at 12:39 PM, tspoke said:

Maybe they are? :shrug:

If this pregnancy works out, it's supposed to be a girl. Which will be great, because means I will have a daughter and it will be impossible for me to be a misogynist. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

On 3/16/2023 at 2:41 PM, Bob said:

So if I don't want my son to have long, nasty, greasy hair because I want him to look nice, that's somehow different from Kaperknick's parents not wanting him to have dreadlocks. ok

Corn Rows. They're different than dreadlocks. 

Also, corn rows require fastidious attention and grooming. Calling them "nasty" is literally an aesthetic judgement. Calling them "greasy" is incorrect. And considering who gets corn rows, well...

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

On 3/16/2023 at 4:20 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

He comes across like an ungrateful sack of shit.  

You've never read memoir where the writer works out issues with their parents?

I think people are only getting butthurt about this for one reason...

On 3/16/2023 at 4:31 PM, TCU Robert said:

Even if he privately thinks his parents are racists for disallowing corn row hair styles, the fact that he took this public with his reach, and publicly accused his parents of being racists is a pretty bad look.   What does this accomplish other than making his parents look bad?  

also it seems like a reach.   A lot of parents probably don't allow certain hairstyles regardless of race.   

You're right. My favorite memoirs are always the ones where the chapters about their childhood are one word long: "Great!"

On 3/16/2023 at 5:56 PM, MetropolitanCowboy said:

I went to school with him. Dude acted like Carlton from Fresh Prince on a daily basis. Maybe that’s why he’s so bitter, I dunno. 

He just needs to go away. I’m not sure why some people still think this guy is relevant. He sure has milked every single drop of his previous status. 

On 3/16/2023 at 5:27 PM, smltwnrckr said:

You've never read memoir where the writer works out issues with their parents?

I think people are only getting butthurt about this for one reason...

Every account is that his parents were great people.  Every account but his.  No, this is some BS

On 3/16/2023 at 5:56 PM, MetropolitanCowboy said:

I went to school with him. Dude acted like Carlton from Fresh Prince on a daily basis. Maybe that’s why he’s so bitter, I dunno. 

Exactly.  Kaep was privileged beyond what most here can comprehend.  He comes off as an asshole.