Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

renoskier

March Madness game thread

On 3/25/2023 at 5:36 PM, TopLobo said:

SUDS can actually win the whole thing. Everyone is on UConn's nuts, but they have to get through Gonzaga first, and it's not like SDSU didn't just take down the number 1 overall seed. A week ago, everyone was talking about how Alabama was the most talented team in the field, and now it's shifted to UConn. Way I see it, SUDS can take down anyone in front of them.

Could say the same thing about everyone at this point. FAU has 35 wins, national semis.  They can do it too.

On 3/25/2023 at 6:46 PM, jdgaucho said:

Could say the same thing about everyone at this point. FAU has 35 wins, national semis.  They can do it too.

I agree. I'm just saying everyone seems to be gifting UConn the natty already, which is absurd.

On 3/25/2023 at 6:46 PM, jdgaucho said:

I think FAU is a little lucky to have gotten to the final four.  They're good, and serious props to them, but I think they've hit their ceiling.  God, what I wouldn't give for CSU to get to that ceiling.

On 3/25/2023 at 6:52 PM, TopLobo said:

I agree. I'm just saying everyone seems to be gifting UConn the natty already, which is absurd.

Who's everyone? They've got a much tougher draw. Texas has looked really good, for example.

On 3/25/2023 at 8:27 PM, misplacedcowboy said:

Whelp, time for Gonzaga to go home and regroup and maybe win it all next year with Ike. This one's over

The Bulldogs got a good draw this year but eventually you've got to play D.

Timme has been a good college player but I'd be surprised if that translates at the next level. This Gonzaga team is so reliant on him. There's just no one else they can turn to. 

On 3/24/2023 at 10:31 AM, crixus said:

I just saw this stat on Colin Cowherd's show on FS1. *Gonzaga has won the most games in the NCAA tournament since the 2013-2014 season. All that and no championship trophies. And they won't win it this year either. I'm not anti-Zag, I'm just going by their track record over the past decade. 

I told ya' so. Even though there's still 13:00 to go, Gonzaga won't win.