Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

renoskier

March Madness game thread

On 3/17/2023 at 6:38 PM, ph90702 said:

The thread should be called March Sadness considering how the MW performed.

We performed as we were seeded. 10 seeds aren’t supposed to beat 7s.

On 3/17/2023 at 6:39 PM, bigd said:

We performed as we were seeded. 10 seeds aren’t supposed to beat 7s.

I agree, but losing is still sad.  Nobody wants to lose.

Also, look at Purdue.  They were a Final Four contender and lost to the worst team in the field who also happened to play in the worst conference.

On 3/17/2023 at 6:40 PM, ph90702 said:

I agree, but losing is still sad.  Nobody wants to lose.

Also, look at Purdue.  They were a Final Four contender and lost to the worst team in the field who also happened to play in the worst conference.

And they didn’t even win that worst conference either…in the regular season or conference tourney…lol

On 3/17/2023 at 6:25 PM, rebelcuff said:

Matt Painter has to be on some sort of hot seat. Never seen a team with that big of a mismatch be that easy to guard.

Matt Painter is as revered as deep fried beer in West Lafayette. He’ll be ok.

On 3/17/2023 at 5:35 PM, ph90702 said:

Purdue should win in a nail biter.  Other than Tom Izzo, I believe that Matt Painter is the longest tenured head coach in the B1G.

My fellow Hoosier alums and I thank you for the assist on sending Purdue home in such embarrassing fashion.

On 3/17/2023 at 6:42 PM, HoosierRebel said:

Matt Painter is as revered as deep fried beer in West Lafayette. He’ll be ok.

My fellow Hoosier alums and I thank you for the assist on sending Purdue home in such embarrassing fashion.

Kunt State will have your team joining your friends from west Lafayette in the off-season tonight…lol

On 3/17/2023 at 6:45 PM, WAC_FAN said:

As someone who watched a lot of Purdue/B1G Basketball, I knew they were going to let me down at some point...I just didn't think it would be this early...

They should’ve won, but they need more high end talent.

On 3/17/2023 at 6:44 PM, YesReally said:

in the 5 -12 matchup   Miami down to Drake by six with 6 minutes left.  Miami no timeouts left.

Didn’t Miami have one of their players threaten to transfer if he didn’t get more NIL money last year?

On 3/17/2023 at 6:46 PM, SAMO said:

Kunt State will have your team joining your friends from west Lafayette in the off-season tonight…lol

Very possible. TJD will be a beast, as he has been all season. If he doesn’t get help we could be going home. But, at least we won’t lose as a 1 seed.

On 3/17/2023 at 6:47 PM, WAC_FAN said:

When was the last time the MW had a March to remember?  Maybe the 90's....

The MW didn’t exist until the 2000 season haha.

No MW team has gone past the Sweet 16 since the conference was founded.

On 3/17/2023 at 7:45 PM, HoosierRebel said:

Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but TJ Pretzelburger dropped their game to Pitt.

Yeah, Flopzelburger shat the bed real good. Hard to win when you go about 24 combined min of the game and score only 6 pts. 

On 3/17/2023 at 6:58 PM, B_Lootz said:

Yeah, Flopzelburger shat the bed real good. Hard to win when you go about 24 combined min of the game and score only 6 pts. 

I watched the second half and ISU looked terrible. Completely taken out of their game by Pitt.

On 3/17/2023 at 6:58 PM, B_Lootz said:

Otzelberger will have another good year next year.  He has a good HS class coming in, and he’s adding more shooters.