quickdraw

UNLV Roster 2023 - 2024

On 3/19/2023 at 1:03 PM, UNLV2001 said:

It's happening all over college basketball - KK isn't the only one dealing with massive turnover 

LIU has 7 players in the portal

Little Rock has 7

LA Tech has 7

Louisville has 5 

Minnesota has 4

NMSU has 7

North Carolina has 3

Notre Dame has 3

Texas Tech has 4

Wyoming has 6 

Very few programs are going to see 3 or 4 year players anymore - The days of landing a HS recruit and them staying in the program 3 to 5 years is a thing of the past -- For most every season will be a rebuilding effort 

Eric Konkol left LA Tech for Tulsa last year. Two of his former players transferred to Tulsa.  New Mexico State’s head coach was fired.  Derek Kellogg was fired by LIU last year, so it’s a 1st year head coach.  Louisville has a 1st year head coach.

Notre Dame and Texas will have new head coaches.

Little Rock’s head coach is in BIG trouble.

Jeff Linder is in a little bit of trouble but has an NCAA Tournament appearance.  Also, his best player missed the entire season.

Not shocked K Hall is taking off. 

He really doesn't fit into what CKK tries to do defensively.

K Hall also has likely been recruited over with Rob Whaley.

I'd say it's probably more likely that he's a bench player here than key starter next season.

Best of luck to him.

On 3/19/2023 at 5:45 PM, qwelish said:

I'd say it's probably more likely that he's a bench player here than key starter next season.

Best of luck to him.

Copium.

Kid is talented. Kruger needs talent to win. Kruger just takes whatever he can get which will be sub-top 100 transfer prospects 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 3/19/2023 at 3:07 PM, Rebels18 said:

Copium.

Kid is talented. Kruger needs talent to win. Kruger just takes whatever he can get which will be sub-top 100 transfer prospects 

I couldn’t have said it any better!

He reminds me A LOT of Bobby Hauck.

On 3/19/2023 at 2:45 PM, qwelish said:

Best of luck to him.

So why did CKK recruit him? What’s the plan here?

• Like 2

On 3/19/2023 at 3:07 PM, Rebels18 said:

Copium.

KK cares mostly about defense. KHall was slow and fouled a lot.

I personally think he offset his defense with offensive ability. But a lot of coaches care about defense more and KK was ineffective using KHall. 

I agree KHall has talent, but it seemed wasted a bit in KKs small ball style. 

Although sad to see KHall go, I'm pretty sure he was recruited over with Whaley. 

Having Hall as a depth player would have been nice, but if KK can replace him with a plus athlete that fits what he wants to do defensively, the Rebs will be fine.

Kevin Kruger’s recruiting philosophy is to go after guys who nobody else wants because he doesn’t want to have to compete for them.  It’s very similar to Bobby Hauck.  He also recruits a new roster every year, so there’s no continuity.

How is he building anything when there’s a new roster and coaches every year?

Kruger does not have a plan.

Only good pieces we had to build on were Hall, Gilbert, and maybe Nowell and they're probably all gone as well. He will build a team around Webster, Muoka, Iwuakor (lol) and complete table scraps from the portal. 

• Like 2

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 3/19/2023 at 7:21 PM, qwelish said:

Although sad to see KHall go, I'm pretty sure he was recruited over with Whaley. 

Having Hall as a depth player would have been nice, but if KK can replace him with a plus athlete that fits what he wants to do defensively, the Rebs will be fine.

“Mr. Harper, we’re gonna need the Sun and Review Journal to crank up the copium and hopium this off season. “image.gif.3beddc2dea7fd20b8acf492296fa467a.gif

• WTF 1

On 3/19/2023 at 8:43 PM, Rebels18 said:

Kruger does not have a plan.

Only good pieces we had to build on were Hall, Gilbert, and maybe Nowell and they're probably all gone as well. He will build a team around Webster, Muoka, Iwuakor (lol) and complete table scraps from the portal. 

Actually Webster already said he doesn't know if he will be back.

I would say that noone got excited when Harkless was signed. No one was certain he'd be the teams best player.