quickdraw

UNLV Roster 2023 - 2024

I just can't kill them like some of you guys. In anticipation of CKK failing, even though he's shown a pattern, this is a new season. 

I need to see how the completed roster lays out before I'm so down on what was brought in.

Also, after the way the frontcourt played this past two years, I just don't see why anyone would be opposed to a complete reboot of that unit.

It has been terrible. 

• Like 2

So I guess some are going to use a click bait article from the LV Sun as the basis to criticize Kruger and assert he struck out on Mitchell? Pure click bait! Not sourced! No confidential sources mentioned! Also, a “Potential Target”? That says it all! A “Potential Target” All that happened is that the UNLV staff contacted Mitchell like another 20 plus schools. He took an official to Minnesota and committed! He wasn’t a target. 

• Like 1

On 3/30/2023 at 11:38 AM, PrimeReb said:

So I guess some are going to use a click bait article from the LV Sun as the basis to criticize Kruger and assert he struck out on Mitchell? Pure click bait! Not sourced! No confidential sources mentioned! Also, a “Potential Target”? That says it all! A “Potential Target” All that happened is that the UNLV staff contacted Mitchell like another 20 plus schools. He took an official to Minnesota and committed! He wasn’t a target. 

Grimala had an article this AM about Kruger recruiting Mitchell. So yeah, a whiff. 

• Like 1

On 3/30/2023 at 3:29 PM, qwelish said:

Targets and whiffs don't even matter. The guys you land are what matters. 

We need CKK to land and hit some Homers. 

No singles.

landing guys in the TOP-100 MATTERS

the only top-100 transfer Kruger got last season was EJ Harkless and he was served up on a silver platter by papa Kruger via Oklahoma.....and Harkless CARRIED this team. SDSU landed multiple guys in the Top-100 and now they're in the fking final four

Maybe a shake-up at Oklahoma can send a few more of their players our way---that's krugie's best shot imo

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 3/30/2023 at 11:38 AM, PrimeReb said:

Just let the children have their little rants. They are still a little chapped that CKK wasn’t fired. Nothing matters to them now other than thinking that they are stars of the internet and that they are going to build a following through their powers of persuasion. When was the last time any of them had anything good to say about UNLV?

I am surprised that the other part of their mutual adoration society hasn’t been along to agree with everything and throw in more of his nonsensical opinions and pics of shit and rabbits. 

On 3/30/2023 at 8:47 PM, quickdraw said:

Just let the children have their little rants. They are still a little chapped that CKK wasn’t fired. Nothing matters to them now other than thinking that they are stars of the internet and that they are going to build a following through their powers of persuasion. When was the last time any of them had anything good to say about UNLV?

I am surprised that the other part of their mutual adoration society hasn’t been along to agree with everything and throw in more of his nonsensical opinions and pics of shit and rabbits. 

I think many of the doubters would change their tune including myself if Kevin turned it around. Just seems to be the same story as the last two years and pray that it works. Do you really believe that Kevin is doing a great job and his plan is coming together?

• Like 2

On 3/30/2023 at 7:18 PM, rebelcuff said:

I think many of the doubters would change their tune including myself if Kevin turned it around. Just seems to be the same story as the last two years and pray that it works. Do you really believe that Kevin is doing a great job and his plan is coming together?

I’ve never said that CKK was doing a great job or even a good job. I just don’t see  the purpose in constantly running down everything UNLV or in this case the basketball team and staff. To what purpose? I haven’t really seen a plan but heaven forbid that anyone think that it might take time to change anything of the dysfunctional mess that has been UNLV BB for a decade before KK even got here. Also these aren’t doubters, after a decade of the same thing over and over again  I’d call them haters.

Your response to my posts just proves the point that if you don’t find fault in everything then you must approve or like the state of things. Using the phrase of “doing a great job” just shows the hyperbole of the hating crowd. Everything is taken to an extreme. So yeah occasionally I’ll throw some of that hyperbolic crap back at the shit slingers. 

Does that answer your question?

My question still hasn’t been answered. When was the last time these guys or should I say you guys have had anything positive to say about UNLV MBB.

On 3/30/2023 at 8:09 PM, quickdraw said:

My question still hasn’t been answered. When was the last time these guys or should I say you guys have had anything positive to say about UNLV MBB.

the follow up question should be: "when was the last time any of them bought a ticket?"

• Like 2

I’ve never said that CKK was doing a great job or even a good job. I just don’t see  the purpose in constantly running down everything UNLV or in this case the basketball team and staff. To what purpose? I haven’t really seen a plan but heaven forbid that anyone think that it might take time to change anything of the dysfunctional mess that has been UNLV BB for a decade before KK even got here. Also these aren’t doubters, after a decade of the same thing over and over again  I’d call them haters.

Your response to my posts just proves the point that if you don’t find fault in everything then you must approve or like the state of things. Using the phrase of “doing a great job” just shows the hyperbole of the hating crowd. Everything is taken to an extreme. So yeah occasionally I’ll throw some of that hyperbolic crap back at the shit slingers. 

Does that answer your question?

I  get it with the negative Nancy bunch, because I felt the exact same way in the past with CDR, Menzies, and Otz.   Lashing out with Internet tantrums and scouring for any sign that validates their opinion that KK should be fired are coping mechanisms and can be therapeutic in a way. 

• Cheers 1

Hopefully, the player exodus has ended for the team and the coaches can start concentrating on building around the returning core.  Keeping all the assistants for at least another year would be very helpful with this.  On my wish list from the portal are a true PG, another solid shooter, and a couple of gritty big guys that can provide consistent rebounding and enough low post scoring to keep defenses honest. 

From the LVRJ and the Sun recently:

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/unlv/unlv-basketball/unlvs-starting-center-hits-transfer-portal-2752877/

"The Rebels do not expect to lose any other players to the transfer portal, sources say, and intend to target ballhandling, shooting and size as they construct the remainder of their roster."

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2023/mar/30/kruger-unlv-in-good-spot-with-roster-transfer-port/

"UNLV fans may be fretting, wondering when the program will start adding pieces, but Kruger doesn’t view it as a race.

“I think we’re in a really good spot with the group coming back,” Kruger said. “We just want to make sure we add the right pieces. We don’t feel the need to rush just because we have roster spots. With Brooklyn and Rob coming in, we feel we can add pieces we want to a group we like.”

There is an NCAA-mandated dead period from March 30 to April 6, during which coaches cannot contact players in the portal. Once that moratorium is lifted, Kruger expects the portal action to heat up....

...As far as specific roles, Kruger knows that point guard is a particularly glaring need at the moment.

“That is certainly one of our needs going into the spring,” Kruger said. “Somebody with experience who has been relied on every day in a decision-making and leadership position, I think, without a doubt, that’s something we want to add.”"

• Like 1

On 3/31/2023 at 10:08 AM, RebelTexan said:

I  get it with the negative Nancy bunch, because I felt the exact same way in the past with CDR, Menzies, and Otz.   Lashing out with Internet tantrums and scouring for any sign that validates their opinion that KK should be fired are coping mechanisms and can be therapeutic in a way. 

Speaking for myself I'm disgusted our beloved program has essentially become a middle to lower tier MW team that is among the lowest performing teams in the conference in the MW Tourney, which by the way is held on our own home court.  It's incredible how far we have fallen from even the Bayno days. But there is now a solid decade of evidence that this is what UNLV hoops currently is.

Like many in all aspects of life I will sometimes vent my frustration on the board. The world would be a really boring place if everyone just falsely chose to project rainbows and teddy bears on message boards; saying your feelings is kinda what they are there for.

That said little of the program's state is KK's fault, it's not his fault an incompetent PC hire took the lazy and cheap route on her way out the door. Plus he has had to deal with a lot ie learning on the fly in this new NIL era and replacing his entire staff after 1 year. I try not to be too negative about him bc I like the guy but sometimes will vent a bit about the pathetic state of our program and I don't apologize for doing so.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

Dude, pretty hard to have anything good to say when we havent sniffed a post season in over a decade….

• Like 1

On 3/31/2023 at 10:44 AM, VincentVegaBond said:

Speaking for myself I'm disgusted our beloved program has essentially become a middle to lower tier MW team that is among the lowest performing teams in the conference in the MW Tourney, which by the way is held on our own home court.  It's incredible how far we have fallen from even the Bayno days. But there is now a solid decade of evidence that this is what UNLV hoops currently is.

Like many in all aspects of life I will sometimes vent my frustration on the board. The world would be a really boring place if everyone just falsely chose to project rainbows and teddy bears on message boards; saying your feelings is kinda what they are there for.

That said little of the program's state is KK's fault, it's not his fault an incompetent PC hire took the lazy and cheap route on her way out the door. Plus he has had to deal with a lot ie learning on the fly in this new NIL era and replacing his entire staff after 1 year. I try not to be too negative about him bc I like the guy but sometimes will vent a bit about the pathetic state of our program and I don't apologize for doing so.

I feel you.  Like most on here, I was happy during Lon's tenure and with the beginning of the CDR era when he still had remnants of Kruger's team.  Lon's recruiting wasn't sexy, but he managed to put together teams of guys that played hard and performed above expectations.  His teams were easy to get behind because they seemed loyal to the program, proven by the lack of a mass player exodus after Lon left for OU.  But later when it became obvious that Rice wasn't the answer long term, I wanted a reboot in the way of a proven and experienced head coach that could replicate the recent successes under LK.   However, instead of a reboot, there was a hard crash and the program is still paying for it today after all these years.  There's been some bad karma all along the way with the way things worked out with Beard and Otz.  Moving forward, I'm skeptical with KK, but I'm willing to give him another year to prove he's the answer before I make up my mind on him.

• Like 2