quickdraw

UNLV Roster 2023 - 2024

On 3/20/2023 at 11:26 PM, VincentVegaBond said:

DRF should be working at McDonald's within a year if we lived in a just world. F THAT BITCH!!!!

Set the program back 5+ years more with the KK hire. Even though she checks the boxes, UCLA knew that the gig was up when they went through their interview process and actually talked to her and found out how insipid she really is and went with the BC AD instead. I’m pretty sure Mizzou could also see through the sham, as well, but decided to roll the dice with her, anyway.

• Like 2

On 3/22/2023 at 8:22 AM, B_Lootz said:

Set the program back 5+ years more with the KK hire. Even though she checks the boxes, UCLA knew that the gig was up when they went through their interview process and actually talked to her and found out how insipid she really is and went with the BC AD instead. I’m pretty sure Mizzou could also see through the sham, as well, but decided to roll the dice with her, anyway.

Jarmond blew away UCLA in the interview process. They practically hired him on the spot and even when the department was in the red, they still gave BC buyout money. DRF never had a chance, even as an alum. 

DRF isn’t an idiot but one of her flaws was being set on hiring young coaches. She certainly had a type. It only worked with coach Lindy so far. 

• Like 1

On 3/22/2023 at 11:37 AM, ph90702 said:

So excited!  We’re going after Big Sky players!

Got to build a team somehow. Towt would just be a glue guy anyway. Unlv once played/started a 27 year old guy that was doing AC repairs at one point. So it doesn’t matter where those guys come from, what matters is their compete level.

That kind of thing needs to be looked at when you review the season and they are getting blown out by the likes of Utah State at home on senior night. 

• Like 2

On 3/22/2023 at 12:19 PM, Rosegreen said:

Got to build a team somehow. Towt would just be a glue guy anyway. Unlv once played/started a 27 year old guy that was doing AC repairs at one point. So it doesn’t matter where those guys come from, what matters is their compete level.

That kind of thing needs to be looked at when you review the season and they are getting blown out by the likes of Utah State at home on senior night. 

Great team.  2 former walkons, a 27-year old, a 6-7 center, and a guy named "Wink" went to the 2nd round of the big dance.

• Like 6

On 3/22/2023 at 1:31 PM, RebelTexan said:

Great team.  2 former walkons, a 27-year old, a 6-7 center, and a guy named "Wink" went to the 2nd round of the big dance.

And then we got killed by Kansas because our talent sucked!  I will never forget that game.

• Super-Mega Idiot 1

On 3/22/2023 at 2:35 PM, ph90702 said:

And then we got killed by Kansas because our talent sucked!  I will never forget that game.

Didn't Kansas win it all that year?  One of their best teams ever, going 37 and 3.  This proves that you're just a troll living off of recruiting rankings and not the actual on-court results. 

• Like 2

On 3/22/2023 at 3:16 PM, RebelTexan said:

Didn't Kansas win it all that year?  One of their best teams ever, going 37 and 3.  This proves that you're just a troll living off of recruiting rankings and not the actual on-court results. 

So what?!  It would've been one thing if we were competitive.  We didn't look like we belonged on the same court.

• Facepalm 1
  • Super-Mega Idiot 2
  • OG R-Tard 1

On 3/22/2023 at 3:16 PM, RebelTexan said:

I was in Omaha for those games and that Kansas team was loaded , I think they had 4 first round picks on that team. Rush, Chalmers, Arthur, Aldrich and I think Collins played in the NBA. A little trivia tid bit for you as well. Sasha Kaun who was on that team was the last ever draft pick of the Seattle Supersonics. I don't believe he ever played in the NBA though 

• Like 1

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

That S16 Rebel team was so much fun. They went into so many games as dogs and scraped for 40 for wins. In the MWC tournament I was seated on the isle right across from the BYU section. In the 1st half they were all mouthy and loud while BYU controlled the game. Come 2nd half the Rebs were on fire. By the 10 minute mark I was really having fun with them and gave them back 2 fold. They were absolutely silent and I was less than polite. A bunch left early.

• Like 4
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/22/2023 at 7:46 PM, quickdraw said:

That S16 Rebel team was so much fun. They went into so many games as dogs and scraped for 40 for wins. In the MWC tournament I was seated on the isle right across from the BYU section. In the 1st half they were all mouthy and loud while BYU controlled the game. Come 2nd half the Rebs were on fire. By the 10 minute mark I was really having fun with them and gave them back 2 fold. They were absolutely silent and I was less than polite. A bunch left early.

We could’ve made a Final Four if Lon Kruger cared about recruiting as much as he did coaching what we had.

• Super-Mega Idiot 1
  • OG R-Tard 1

On 3/22/2023 at 3:39 PM, ph90702 said:

So what?!  It would've been one thing if we were competitive.  We didn't look like we belonged on the same court.

A national champion was clearly better that day.  It happens.  In the same NCAA Tournament, Kansas also won by 15 over Villanova next game and over UNC by 18 in the Final Four.  

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/kansas/men/2008-schedule.html

• Like 4