quickdraw

UNLV Roster 2023 - 2024

It’s early but I know we all want to move on from this past season. The roster as it stands today. This 1st post to be updated over time.

Updated 6/5

2023-2024 Roster 

1. Justin Webster.       SR   G
  2. Luis Rodriguez.       SR.  G
  3. Karl Jones.              SR  F
  4. Shane Nowell.         JR  G
  5. Jackie Johnson III.  JR. G 
  6. Isaiah Cottrell.         JR. F
  7. Robert Whaley        JR  F*
  8. Brooklyn Hicks.       FR. G*
  9. Jalen Hill                  SR. F*
  10. Keylan Boone.         SR F* Waiver required 
  11. Kalib Boone.            SR F*
  12. Dedan Thomas Jr.  FR PG* 
  13. Jacob Bannarbie.   FR C*

* New to roster

2024 Recruits

James Evans G

• Thanks 1

On 3/12/2023 at 6:55 PM, quickdraw said:

It’s early but I know we all want to move on from this past season. The roster as it stands today. This 1st post to be updated over time.

Updated 3/12

2023-2024 Roster 

1. Justin Webster.       SR   G
  2. Luis Rodriguez.       SR.  G
  3. David Muoka           SR   C
  4. Victor Iwuakor         SR   F
  5. Karl Jones.              SR  F
  6. Keyshon Gilbert      JR. G
  7. Shane Nowell.         JR  G
  8. Jackie Johnson III.  JR. G 
  9. Isaiah Cottrell.         JR. F
  10. Robert Whaley       JR  F*
  11. Keyshawn Hall.       SO. F
  12. Brooklyn Hicks.      FR. G*

New to roster

2024 Recruits

?

That's 12 guys already so leaves us, what, 2 available schollies?  Likely several of those guys will leave which will open up more ofc.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

Probably going to be a bunch of changes coming and soon if the rumors are correct. Definitely need changes in several areas like the front line on offense and scorers overall. Once again losing our top one and maybe two scorers in Harkless and Gilbert. Of the 12 players on the roster 10 are returning as of now so continuity should be better, maybe.

I would expect to see things to start happening quickly, maybe as soon as this next week.

On 3/12/2023 at 10:02 PM, quickdraw said:

Probably going to be a bunch of changes coming and soon if the rumors are correct. Definitely need changes in several areas like the front line on offense and scorers overall. Once again losing our top one and maybe two scorers in Harkless and Gilbert. Of the 12 players on the roster 10 are returning as of now co continuity should be better, maybe.

I would expect to see things to start happening quickly, maybe as soon as this next week.

Why on earth would Gilbert leave? If that happens that is the reason Kruger struggles. 

• Like 2

On 3/12/2023 at 6:58 PM, VincentVegaBond said:

That's 12 guys already so leaves us, what, 2 available schollies?  Likely several of those guys will leave which will open up more ofc.

I believe it is 13 scholarships. Probably see 3 to 6 more open up. Still big questions about Cottrell being able to continue although his upside would be and would have been great this year. Still 2 years of availability.

The portal opens next week. It would be nice to pickup a few younger guys like Nowell and JJ3. Need size and length to compete in this conference. 

• Like 1

On 3/12/2023 at 7:13 PM, quickdraw said:

I believe it is 13 scholarships. Probably see 3 to 6 more open up. Still big questions about Cottrell being able to continue although his upside would be and would have been great this year. Still 2 years of availability.

The portal open next week. It would be nice to pickup a few younger guy like Nowell and JJ3. Need size and length to compete in this conference. 

Send David Muoka and Victor Iwuakor packing!

On 3/12/2023 at 7:08 PM, rebelcuff said:

Why on earth would Gilbert leave? If that happens that is the reason Kruger struggles. 

Just threw that in there based on the rumor mill here and his recent body language. Continuity is crucial for sure. Can’t build something if we’re always rebuilding. Gilbert would definitely be the hub to build this team around. That was supposed to be this year as well. He WILL make a big step again this year. The guy puts in the work.

• Like 2

On 3/12/2023 at 7:08 PM, rebelcuff said:

He definitely shouldn't as he's been given far more PT and freedom at UNLV than a lot of frosh and sophomores would get at most other schools in the country, but from what I've heard he's as good as gone. We will see.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

Some names already pop out to me in the portal. A lot of guards, unfortunately we need size. 

Mike Saunders jr (Utah)- CKK recruited this guy several times. 

Jaden House (High Point) - Did alright vs UNLV, might bring some needed PG depth. Averaged 17 ppg. Though I think he can be a real threat if he can develop some range in his shot. 

Ethan Anderson (Wyoming/USC) - Another one providing PG depth and CKK has recruited last portal go around. 

Ben Schroder- Oklahoma guard from Germany.  Unlv can continue the Sooner pipeline going. He’s a project but would have a lot of eligibility left. 

On 3/13/2023 at 2:42 PM, Rosegreen said:

Some names already pop out to me in the portal. A lot of guards, unfortunately we need size. 

Jaden House (High Point) - Did alright vs UNLV, might bring some needed PG depth. Averaged 17 ppg. Though I think he can be a real threat if he can develop some range in his shot. 

Ethan Anderson (Wyoming/USC) - Another one providing PG depth and CKK has recruited last portal go around. 

Ben Schroder- Oklahoma guard from Germany.  Unlv can continue the Sooner pipeline going. He’s a project but would have a lot of eligibility left. 

No to Saunders and Anderson. Saunders didn't do anything at Utah. Who knows what happened in Laramie, but he is not good enough to find out.

On 3/13/2023 at 11:42 AM, Rosegreen said:

Ben Schroder looks promising.  NO to the rest!