Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Selection show thread.

Opening lines for MWC teams

Arizona State -1 over Nevada, total is 152.5

San Diego State -4 over Charleston, total is 141.5

Utah State -2 over Missouri, no total yet.

Northwestern -2 over Boise State, no total yet.  One book has Boise as a 1.5 point favorite.  

On 3/12/2023 at 5:01 PM, soupslam1 said:

IMO the MWC got four very good draws. If we don’t win some of these games it will be pathetic. 

Interesting USU and Boise State both in Sacto. Don’t care for the Aggies but I’ll hold my nose and root for them. If we combine both rooting sections it’ll be a home game for both. 

Nevada getting a shot at their old teammates Cambridge and Washington has got to get them fired up. 

I cheered for BYU in Denver in 2011. I have never felt dirtier.

On 3/12/2023 at 5:16 PM, Swoll Cracker said:

As I posted earlier, the games will be in two different sessions so that if you want to cheer for each other you,have to buy an all session pass or purchase tickets to both sessions.

The good news is that a lot of us CSU fans who went to Indianapolis last year got tickets really cheap for the evening session. As little as $20 to see Kentucky- Saint Peters and San Francisco - Murray State. I’m not sure things will be as favorable in Sacramento with UCLA and Arizona in the two sessions.

I'm a Boise fan.  I'm not looking past round 1. 

On 3/12/2023 at 5:00 PM, DestinFlPackfan said:

Espn guys bitching...saying Rutgers/Clemson/OK state should have been in over Nevada and Arizona st.

Those schools had every chance to enhance their resume to bolster their case for inclusion and they didn’t do it. They can go pound sand. I think this also shows that Nevada was solidly in the field before the Wyoming game and even a poor showing the final three games didn’t deter them from still getting in.

Chris Reynolds, chair of the NCAA committee, said Oklahoma State fell short in quad one wins while Rutgers had a key injury in February and they weren't the same.  He said Arizona State did good work in non-conference games while Nevada was consistent all year long.  The Wolf Pack did a good enough job to earn a place in the tournament.

On 3/12/2023 at 5:38 PM, Claude G said:

Chris Reynolds, chair of the NCAA committee, said Oklahoma State fell short in quad one wins while Rutgers had a key injury in February and they weren't the same.  He said Arizona State did good work in non-conference games while Nevada was consistent all year long.  The Wolf Pack did a good enough job to earn a place in the tournament.

The ESPN guys are cleary pissed off about it

On 3/12/2023 at 5:43 PM, Claude G said:

I forgot the Arizona State-Nevada will be interesting because the Sun Devils feature two Wolf Pack transfers, Desmond Cambridge, Junior and Warren Washington.

I wonder if there’s any bad blood there? I can’t imagine Alford was happy about them leaving, or maybe he was, who knows. 

On 3/12/2023 at 4:08 PM, Swoll Cracker said:

The Boise and Utah State games will be in different sessions requiring fans to buy tickets for both sessions if they want to cheer for each other.

If I were in Dayton I would buy tickets and root against UNR. All this kumbaya between rivals is sickening.

On 3/12/2023 at 4:00 PM, DestinFlPackfan said:

Espn guys bitching...saying Rutgers/Clemson/OK state should have been in over Nevada and Arizona st.

On 3/12/2023 at 4:38 PM, Rebels2k3 said:

The ESPN guys are cleary pissed off about it

image.gif.e8b6d1e048abf5d9b7e3c542d2920d60.gif

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 3/12/2023 at 4:48 PM, toonkee said:

If I were in Dayton I would buy tickets and root against UNR. All this kumbaya between rivals is sickening.

Totally. If UNLV ever made the tournament, I’d be the same way.