Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Claude G

Transfer Portal for basketball

On 3/26/2023 at 5:40 PM, Slapdad said:

Yes. I believe that was the whole point of my post….that teams (like UCSB) will experience both the ups and downs of the portal. Not that every team will be down at the same time, not that teams will only experience the downs without the ups. I feel like you’re trying to drum up an argument here where none exists. 

We might feel the down of the portal next year, depending on how Zach Harvey turns out at McNeese State.  Still, no UCSB players that entered the portal and found a new school have yet upgraded in conference prestige. They ended up at UCD, Idaho State and McNeese State.  

Leon got his PG but I am not sure about him.  He's Roddy Anderson from UCSD.   Any Aztec fans or Gaucho fans know anything about the kid?   6'2" Freshman averaged 13+ ppg, 3+ reb, 3+ asst, 1+ steals  so good #'s for a freshman.

On 3/28/2023 at 1:18 PM, roughrider said:

Leon got his PG but I am not sure about him.  He's Roddy Anderson from UCSD.   Any Aztec fans or Gaucho fans know anything about the kid?   6'2" Freshman averaged 13+ ppg, 3+ reb, 3+ asst, 1+ steals  so good #'s for a freshman.

On 3/28/2023 at 1:18 PM, roughrider said:

I can guess why he left.  Boise's a good program now, and UCSD is still not eligible for the NCAAT until 2025.  

On 3/28/2023 at 2:32 PM, jdgaucho said:

I can guess why he left.  Boise's a good program now, and UCSD is still not eligible for the NCAAT until 2025.  

They played you guys right?  Wondering what your impression of his game was?

On 3/28/2023 at 4:16 PM, roughrider said:

They played you guys right?  Wondering what your impression of his game was?

He struggled in two road games against Nevada and San Diego State. Averaged 3.5 ppg, 2 apg, and 2.5 TO.  Data points but they were early in the season. He looks like he improved over the course of the season. By the end of the season, he was a ball centric lead guard scoring a bunch.

On 3/28/2023 at 6:19 PM, Swoll Cracker said:

He struggled in two road games against Nevada and San Diego State. Averaged 3.5 ppg, 2 apg, and 2.5 TO.  Data points but they were early in the season. He looks like he improved over the course of the season. By the end of the season, he was a ball centric lead guard scoring a bunch.

Thanks.   A true freshman on a bad team probably got targeted by your good guards.  Bet he learned a ton but if he had done damage to you guys last season I wonder if he wouldn't have been untouchable by us in the portal.

On 3/28/2023 at 11:09 PM, bigd said:

Nice, that’s a big one for UNM considering they had no one in the front court.

Um, the recruit just said he was not committed. It may still happen, but he was very clear that he isn't.

On 3/28/2023 at 7:25 PM, kingpotato said:

Um, the recruit just said he was not committed. It may still happen, but he was very clear that he isn't.

Probably St . John’s bound following Petino.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Former UNLV player, Moses Wood, who is from Reno is in the portal. I’d love to see him finish his career for Nevada, he’d give us a good shooter and be a nice replacement for Williams.

On 3/29/2023 at 2:48 AM, Warbow said:

Probably St . John’s bound following Petino.

I doubt it. I think he would have made some kind of announcement that he was going to the Red Storm by now. Also, they already have a stud big in Joel Soriano who averages 15 and 12. I believe NJJ wants to be the number one option in the paint wherever he goes. He would get that at UNM, not at St. John's.

He is clearly shopping around right now. I hope our boneheaded "The Pit Press" didn't mess things up for us.