Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Classic Posters That Left

On 2/28/2023 at 10:46 AM, Dirtball said:

All the New Mexico posters.

To be fair, there have never been that many of us...you know having to use smoke signal internet. :)

On 3/3/2023 at 1:02 AM, TheTedfordTrain said:

A quick Google and you’ll find that he’s an “Account Executive” for Zoom. Guessing that title simply translates to salesman. 

Derek is reportedly seeking $35 million per year in his next contract. Do account executives at Zoom rival that salary? 

An AE is typicaly an inside sales rep who manages existing accounts, and tries to upsell them on their product(s) or get them to buy new ones. They do occasionally — depending on the company — handle net new account sales, but not much in my experience, as that's typically handled by someone like an SDR in an external sales capacity.

AE's are typically above SDRs and BDRs in the sales hierarchy, as it's typically an "easier" job with more easily attainable On-Target earnings and sales quotas given that there's a relationship there already. There are some companies where the SDR and BDR exist solely to qualify inbound leads and hand them over to the AE once they're qualified them as a legit sales opportunity, and then the AE closes the deals. 

I may or may not have spent a lot of time either supporting sales teams or working inside GTM teams for new products as a senior technical resource. 

In any event, I'm sure someone will correct me in 37 different ways and make me wish I hadn't typed all of this up. I'm still not sure why except that I'm bored as hell in this meeting that still has another almost 20 minutes left in it. 

On 2/27/2023 at 2:29 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Reading old threads, it’s shocking how many great personalities are gone. Who doesn’t post here anymore that you miss?

Off the top of my head, I miss Aslowhiteguy not being around anymore. 

I liked aslowhiteguy a lot.  He was great on the WAC board, and then came here about when I did.  Good dude.

On 3/1/2023 at 9:31 AM, Rebels18 said:

Italics for the cringe 

also @utenation when he was more angsty

Yes this kinder, gentler @utenationhas me questioning whether alternate universes are actually a thing.

Has he gone soft, learned manners and common decency since rubbing elbows w the elite types in that Power Conference? 😉

On 3/18/2023 at 6:10 AM, dshawfan said:

Yes this kinder, gentler @utenationhas me questioning whether alternate universes are actually a thing.

Has he gone soft, learned manners and common decency since rubbing elbows w the elite types in that Power Conference? 😉

I still fight with BYU fans, Woosh, Houston fans, Convert and a few others but other than that, 3 things:

#1. I’ve always liked the MWC and support Western athletics when they aren’t playing the P12. 

#2. I try to remember I’m a guest and have to be more creative on my sarcastic points. I still carry an axe but it’s not as sharp as earlier times. 

#3. This is the best board out there.  I still crave to talk shop in sports and non sports topics at a fast pace.  Unlike many other boards.  The action is the juice. I’m Michael Cheritto(Tom Sizemore) in this scene of Heat. 

On 3/18/2023 at 8:49 AM, utenation said:

I still fight with BYU fans, Woosh, Houston fans, Convert and a few others but other than that, 3 things:

#1. I’ve always liked the MWC and support Western athletics when they aren’t playing the P12. 

#2. I try to remember I’m a guest and have to be more creative on my sarcastic points. I still carry an axe but it’s not as sharp as earlier times. 

#3. This is the best board out there.  I still crave to talk shop in sports and non sports topics at a fast pace.  Unlike many other boards.  The action is the juice. I’m Michael Cheritto(Tom Sizemore) in this scene of Heat. 

In regard to the PAC board, are you telling us, that if we get the invite, we’ll still be here for message board action? 😳

On 3/18/2023 at 11:08 AM, Spudfan84 said:

Surprised no one has mentioned BadWillHunting…….

BadWillHunting has been missed by many, but I’ve heard several have since taken marksmanship lessons. 

On 3/17/2023 at 7:59 PM, CPslograd said:

@Dogs4Meposts once in a blue moon during the season I think still.  Used to be one of the regulars I would always read.

I’m still here and pop in from time to time to hand out some junk mail…work and family has me buried now. I’ve become a shareholder where I am now and we are focusing on expansion which has me working a ton. Life happens.

I hope you’re well and I’d like to wish bsu the very worst.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg