Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Classic Posters That Left

On 2/27/2023 at 8:22 PM, Coog kev said:

Rebel Robert, oh ya.  He was (or is) full of all sorts of stuff.  However, the one I would like to have living is the wild, cantankerous TCU Robert at the movies.  Perhaps this Robert moniker thing is all about sock puppet action...who knows.

Madam mysfit was not a sock puppet.  She scribed well back in the day.   

I miss Scooter outta Colorado State.  

Rebel Robert is real. I met him in person once back in the day during a Billy Bayno radio show.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

On 2/28/2023 at 10:47 AM, Dirtball said:

Lobo Sage was great. One time he mentioned owning a bait shop in the mountains, and we were all envious of his life.

Thank you for the shout-out. 

Still around...still lurking...still selling worms.

I'm a lucky man.

On 2/28/2023 at 4:13 PM, LoboSage said:

Thank you for the shout-out. 

Still around...still lurking...still selling worms.

I'm a lucky man.

Post more!

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

On 2/28/2023 at 5:15 PM, rebelcuff said:

What was it like to meet a legend? Seriously though what was he like?

That was waaaay back in the day over 20 years ago but from what I remember he was good looking chap (not in a gay way!!!!), a bit on the odd side but definitely hugely passionate about UNLV. My memory is foggy a bit but I think at that point he was pulling a ph on Bayno (wanted him fired) and was getting a lot of shit from the Rebel Netters about it.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

On 2/28/2023 at 5:49 PM, VincentVegaBond said:

That was waaaay back in the day over 20 years ago but from what I remember he was good looking chap (not in a gay way!!!!), a bit on the odd side but definitely hugely passionate about UNLV. My memory is foggy a bit but I think at that point he was pulling a ph on Bayno (wanted him fired) and was getting a lot of shit from the Rebel Netters about it.

Remember, Bayno was pulling in a lot of top tier talent, just massively underachieving with it and then we're the sanctions. Also the cocaine and hookers rumors.  The Rebel Netters, ever seduced by top recruits, wanted him to get more time. Robert wanted his ass canned and wasn't shy about it which helped make him an outcast over there.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

Where in the heck is slapdad?  He of the Nevada fedora and taking long walks on the beach.  I miss slappy much too.  

Someone should get really creative about all of this and post up a votr poll with multiple options.  

Bring Back These Folks.  With a list of options and just for congenial, good ole times funsies.  

BTW, who was the original one who inadvertently dorked up and invented votr?  I have no clue who that cool cat was.  He or she invented something new and fun.  Votr.

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

It had been years since I posted on here but thanks to an old friend who reached out I started showing up again so my memory is a little foggy but who was the BYU fan who I think was a social worker? Real level headed dude and always fun to chat with? I haven't seen him since I came back but I don't remember his name. 

There was also the Utah State fan who always posted about the creamery.... or was he also a BYU fan? He was a bit dorky but seemed like a nice kid. 

I remember Andre Aztec too, ultimate troll but he had some really good material and could bait pretty much anyway with his banter 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

On 2/28/2023 at 7:30 PM, just_chris said:

It had been years since I posted on here but thanks to an old friend who reached out I started showing up again so my memory is a little foggy but who was the BYU fan who I think was a social worker? Real level headed dude and always fun to chat with? I haven't seen him since I came back but I don't remember his name. 

There was also the Utah State fan who always posted about the creamery.... or was he also a BYU fan? He was a bit dorky but seemed like a nice kid. 

I remember Andre Aztec too, ultimate troll but he had some really good material and could bait pretty much anyway with his banter 

My guess is you are thinking of Jack Bauer and Stunner

On 2/28/2023 at 6:33 PM, Wolverine said:

My guess is you are thinking of Jack Bauer and Stunner

Jack Bauer yes!!! That's him, as soon as you said I knew that's who it was. I really liked that dude. 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

On 2/28/2023 at 6:35 PM, just_chris said:

Jack Bauer yes!!! That's him, as soon as you said I knew that's who it was. I really liked that dude. 

He pops in from time to time during football season. Not as much of a regular anymore.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 2/28/2023 at 6:28 PM, Coog kev said:

Where in the heck is slapdad?  He of the Nevada fedora and taking long walks on the beach.  I miss slappy much too.  

Someone should get really creative about all of this and post up a votr poll with multiple options.  

Bring Back These Folks.  With a list of options and just for congenial, good ole times funsies.  

BTW, who was the original one who inadvertently dorked up and invented votr?  I have no clue who that cool cat was.  He or she invented something new and fun.  Votr.

Slapdad still posts, mostly OT Board