Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lobo-tomy

Lobos at Ute Ags

Stat of the night… Lobos were 11-16 from the free throw line… USU was… 27-31! 

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

On 2/2/2023 at 6:50 AM, LoboMan59 said:

Stat of the night… Lobos were 11-16 from the free throw line… USU was… 27-31! 

Really odd game. UNM out shot usu from the 3 and the field. FT and turnovers were the difference. Would really prefer to miss UNM come tourney time. Some times teams come into the spectrum and play poorly. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

Preview of the potential 4/5 match in Vegas?

USU won the game in the final 5 min of the 1st half by taking a close game and blowing it open to a commanding 19-pt lead at the break. UNM played better in the 2nd half and cut into the lead but it was enough of a deficit that USU kept the lobos at bay.

If these two lock horns in Vegas, however, I expect the game will be much closer. UNM will also have the obvious crowd advantage on their side. Barring injuries or suspensions, I’d give the nod to UNM unless USU gets hot from the outside.

Seems to me the difference in the game was Mashburn wasn't quite his normal dead eye self.  He didn't have a bad game but the kid is usually unstoppable which opens up the game for house.

Good game to watch and it felt much closer than the final score even when Utah st was up by 15 it seemed closer than that.

Its hard to win on the road.

it's anyone's guess who wins the conference and the conf tourney.

On 2/2/2023 at 8:06 AM, Someone Else said:

Seems to me the difference in the game was Mashburn wasn't quite his normal dead eye self.  He didn't have a bad game but the kid is usually unstoppable which opens up the game for house.

Good game to watch and it felt much closer than the final score even when Utah st was up by 15 it seemed closer than that.

Its hard to win on the road.

it's anyone's guess who wins the conference and the conf tourney.

That’s the fun bit about this conference. 1-5 could all realistically win the conference title. Going to be a wild ride down the stretch. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

Really too bad that we only only USU and UNLV once during the regular season, so any rematch will have to come in the MWCT.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

Great game Aggies.  The game was won with their defensive intensity in the first half.  The Aggies pass the ball really well and when they are clicking it is fun basketball to watch.  Big game for the Aggies since they only play NM once so they have tie breaker.  I am hoping the Aggies can keep it up to be able to be a top 3 seed in the conference tourney.

On 2/1/2023 at 10:38 PM, wyo 1 said:

I think that title goes to House. BTW does House ever go to the hoop without falling down? 

On 2/1/2023 at 10:43 PM, LiberalAggie said:

I think you’re still hung up on the game in Boise and the Rice combo is far worse 

On 2/1/2023 at 10:57 PM, thatsmymammy said:

Akin? really? as a Nevada fan... I think Lucas or House by far more than Akin. 

On 2/1/2023 at 11:02 PM, packNV said:

I think Kingpotato might be a Boise fan.  Just a guess.

On 2/1/2023 at 11:06 PM, TrueAg said:

What about Akin makes him hateable? If I were to guess I would think opponents would hate Ashworth more than anyone on the Aggies roster. If he weren't an Aggie I would say he has one of those really punchable faces.

But "Attackin" Dan Akin? He's a lovely Brit, what is there to hate?

On 2/1/2023 at 11:29 PM, TopLobo said:

Says the guy with Max Rice on his team. 😄

Seems like I struck a nerve here. I'm sticking by it. Dude is a whiney punk. Go watch the Boise-USU game for exhibit A. 

On 2/2/2023 at 11:12 AM, kingpotato said:

Seems like I struck a nerve here. I'm sticking by it. Dude is a whiney punk. Go watch the Boise-USU game for exhibit A. 

I think most Aggie fans would even agree they get annoyed by Akin's constant raising of his hands like every call is unbelievable but I would also say the BSU game was the pinnacle of that action from him. He's been better about it since then.

Even with the demonstrative arm actions and questioning of the refs, Akin pales in comparison to Rice & Rice in the "people I want to punch with a hot iron" ranking. Leon is neck and neck with Howdy Doody for the top spot. I wish I could punch one in the face with the other's face. Junior Rice's face isn't quite as punchable as his fathers but he still ranks high on the list because he runs around acting like a bitch the entire game. It also doesn't help that he shoots the ball like a 9 year old girl that doesn't yet have the strength to get the ball to the rim.

On 2/2/2023 at 1:36 PM, TrueAg said:

I think most Aggie fans would even agree they get annoyed by Akin's constant raising of his hands like every call is unbelievable but I would also say the BSU game was the pinnacle of that action from him. He's been better about it since then.

Even with the demonstrative arm actions and questioning of the refs, Akin pales in comparison to Rice & Rice in the "people I want to punch with a hot iron" ranking. Leon is neck and neck with Howdy Doody for the top spot. I wish I could punch one in the face with the other's face. Junior Rice's face isn't quite as punchable as his fathers but he still ranks high on the list because he runs around acting like a bitch the entire game. It also doesn't help that he shoots the ball like a 9 year old girl that doesn't yet have the strength to get the ball to the rim.

Yeah, his game in Boise was over the top. I've never seen a coach pull a player just because the crowd was booing relentlessly every time he touched the ball. 

Regarding Rice Sr, understandable. Most would agree with you. He gets after the refs and has a whiney face when he does. Rice Jr will always catch flack being the coaches kid. I'm not saying it's never happened, but I watch every game and I can't remember him ever betching and complaining to the refs or over celebrating when he makes a shot. He's fairly stoic out there. The description of his shooting motion is actuate.