Jump to content
Bob

t's Time for the Scientific Community to Admit We Were Wrong About COVID and It Cost Lives

Recommended Posts

On 2/2/2023 at 12:36 PM, GoDogs22 said:

 

1st off, leave me out of this.  2nd, your inability to blame Republican idiocy is pretty galling.  3rd, your inability to grasp how science actually works shows that your post was based either in partisan attacks, or ignorance.

 

LMAO.  Learn 2 read you mouth breathing low IQ slob of a human

 

 

image.png

 

As far as grasping how science works.  My grasp is FAR superior to yours.

  • Troll 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/2/2023 at 2:45 PM, Spaztecs said:

Yes, they did. And rightly so.

The Science and Medical Community's came to the realization that cloth wasn't as effective and they told us so.

 

Yet, the entire anti-mask/vaxx dickheads, instead of changing course with the new data decided to get pissed off at the entire Medical/Science Community.

Because, Fauci lied 

You're phucking Orange hero lies 100 times a day, yet,  in your mind he walks on water.

My orange hero? I certainly didn't get that information or research regarding the ineffectiveness of cloth masks that were acceptable as protection against the spread of the virus from Trump. When I visited my parents in San Diego in December 2021 I don't recall seeing people wearing N95 masks anywhere. Was that because they were all Republicans? Also, how is walking through the door of a restaurant or bar with a mask on then taking it off once inside helping with stopping the spread of the virus? And how was that protecting the staff who had to keep their masks on? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/2/2023 at 1:48 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

 

No, I'm saying he should be blaming scientifically illiterate politicians who falsely claimed to be speaking on behalf of the entire scientific community when they implemented policies that in no way shape or form "followed the science".  

Because they did not claim to be speaking on behalf of the ENTIRE scientific community---falsely.

 

 

As far as what actions are worse, the anti vaxxing door knob licking right wingers by orders of magnitude.  I was just speaking towards where his ire in the article would be better directed.  

 

My original point was, don't blame the scientific community for being falsely misrepresented in the media and by pols.  Not there fault.

 

Politicians are gonna politic.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/2/2023 at 2:53 PM, AztecAlien said:

Yet cloth masks were 95% ineffective.  

Cloth masks are effective if they are worn by 100% of the population in an area, correctly 100% of the time (similar to a surgical team in an OR). The problem is it's near impossible to get those numbers. Once you adjust it to ur chin to take a drink on a plane, or take a bite to eat in a restaurant, or even take it off for a moment to scratch ur beard the mask has been rendered useless. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/2/2023 at 3:13 PM, Stealthlobo said:

Cloth masks are effective if they are worn by 100% of the population in an area, correctly 100% of the time (similar to a surgical team in an OR). The problem is it's near impossible to get those numbers. Once you adjust it to ur chin to take a drink on a plane, or take a bite to eat in a restaurant, or even take it off for a moment to scratch ur beard the mask has been rendered useless. 

Everything you stated at the end of your post are things every human is going to do. We are going to have to disagree about cloth masks being 100% effective. I don't think that's accurate or even close from what's been revealed through research. Studies showed cloth masks did not stop the virus from penetrating the material. Today I still don't see many people wearing N95 masks and it's not because they belong to a certain political party. 

There's a lot of backtracking lately as to some of the responses to COVID. 

  • Super-Mega Idiot 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/2/2023 at 3:13 PM, Stealthlobo said:

Cloth masks are effective if they are worn by 100% of the population in an area, correctly 100% of the time (similar to a surgical team in an OR). The problem is it's near impossible to get those numbers. Once you adjust it to ur chin to take a drink on a plane, or take a bite to eat in a restaurant, or even take it off for a moment to scratch ur beard the mask has been rendered useless. 

And that's just the science...

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/2/2023 at 3:29 PM, AztecAlien said:

Everything you stated at the end of your post are things every human is going to do. We are going to have to disagree about cloth masks being 100% effective. I don't think that's accurate or even close from what's been revealed through research. Studies showed cloth masks did not stop the virus from penetrating the material.  Today I still don't see many people wearing N95 masks and it's not because they belong to a certain political party. 

There's a lot of backtracking lately as to some of the responses to COVID. 

 

You misread his post.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/2/2023 at 3:29 PM, AztecAlien said:

Everything you stated at the end of your post are things every human is going to do. We are going to have to disagree about cloth masks being 100% effective. I don't think that's accurate or even close from what's been revealed through research. Studies showed cloth masks did not stop the virus from penetrating the material.  Today I still don't see many people wearing N95 masks and it's not because they belong to a certain political party. 

There's a lot of backtracking lately as to some of the responses to COVID. 

Nothing in medicine is 100% effective and I never said it was.

I'm overall agreeing with you that the mask mandates weren't very effective, but because there was no way to implement the same policy to the general public as there is to a limited amount of professionals in an operating room. Theoretically they should have been more effective, but in practice it was an absolute mess.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/2/2023 at 3:40 PM, Stealthlobo said:

Nothing in medicine is 100% effective and I never said it was.

I'm overall agreeing with you that the mask mandates weren't very effective, but because there was no way to implement the same policy to the general public as there is to a limited amount of professionals in an operating room. Theoretically they should have been more effective, but in practice it was an absolute mess.

I kinda of thought that was what you were getting at regarding the mask mandates. I was mostly replying to if cloth masks were worn properly by 100% of the population they would be 100% effective. Thanks for the explanation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/2/2023 at 1:55 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

As far as grasping how science works.  My grasp is FAR superior to yours.

 

You really must be desperate if you thought you had to drag me into your reply, then once again tried to get into a dick-measuring contest.

 

Who on here has ever said that science is infallible, and no mistakes were made during COVID? You seem to be inventing claims so you can get mad and try to dunk on people.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/2/2023 at 4:00 PM, GoDogs22 said:

 

You really must be desperate if you thought you had to drag me into your reply, then once again tried to get into a dick-measuring contest.

 

Who on here has ever said that science is infallible, and no mistakes were made during COVID? You seem to be inventing claims so you can get mad and try to dunk on people.

 

Your reading comprehension sucks lol.  The point is that your team was NOT FOLLOWING THE SCIENCE while claiming you were lmao.  Not only that, but claiming to speak on behalf of EVERY SCIENTIST EVER or some dumb shit claiming consensus where there was none.  

Yer an easy mark cus yer dumb and get mad lol.  

I am your better in every way.  I'm pretty.  Yer ugly.  I'm strong.  Yer weak.  I have a high IQ, you don't know what an IQ even measures.  I am a free thinker who is well read and capable of forming an educated opinion after reading available infor.  Yer a "yes and'er".

 

  • Facepalm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/2/2023 at 3:11 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Your reading comprehension sucks lol.  The point is that your team was NOT FOLLOWING THE SCIENCE while claiming you were lmao.  Not only that, but claiming to speak on behalf of EVERY SCIENTIST EVER or some dumb shit claiming consensus where there was none.  

 

Yeah, you're definitely going to have to back that up with some hard citations, because it sounds like you're just pulling stuff out of your ass. The rest of your post just sounds like the drunken ramblings of a Thursday afternoon lush at the end of the bar.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/2/2023 at 1:14 PM, AztecAlien said:

How about those cloth masks I am talking about that were deemed acceptable in just about every environment for 2 + years?  

are you talking about the disposable paper masks which are still a standard feature in every American hospital?

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/2/2023 at 1:52 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

 

The protection offered with cloth masks is minimal.  The impact on spread is minimal.  If EVERYBODY wore one properly everytime they were outside of their home, that would be a different story.  Following the science means acknowledging human behavior.  The cloth masks did not cut it.  There were a shit ton of people in the scientific community who said from the outset that cloth masks would offer minimal protection and do little to slow the spread.  

Cloth masks were especially ineffective during the more contagious Delta and Omicron waves.

so the problem isn't the "mask", it's that many people didn't use them properly

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/2/2023 at 4:32 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

 

You misread his post.

You serious, Clark?

The louder someone claims to know something, the less they generally know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/2/2023 at 4:48 PM, renoskier said:

so the problem isn't the "mask", it's that many people didn't use them properly

Exactly.  That's the science.  Masks work if EVERYBODY wears them.  They don't protect you from infection they only lessen the viral load you spread while wearing one.  So if one guy pulls it down and you are next to him...your mask does nothing.  Same for everyone wearing it around him.

In theory masks work.  In practice they don't because people gunna people....I blame boomers.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/2/2023 at 6:38 PM, RSF said:

You serious, Clark?

Yes?

He did not understand the post when claiming the Doc said that masks were 100% effective lol.  He pointed out cloth masks are almost useless in practice because when you are put getting groceries or whatever the second the person pulls his mask off, or wears it wrong, your cloth mask does nothing to protect you from the viral load leaving his body.

That's the science

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...