Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Haley To Announce Presidential Run Feb. 15th

On 2/18/2023 at 11:41 AM, azgreg said:

Who wants this idiot as their president?

FpHT8lTWcAA5NU3?format=jpg&name=900x900

Not sure if you're joking or not. Nonetheless, it is Presidents' Day weekend. Enjoy. 

On 2/20/2023 at 11:11 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Nope, you’ll see. 

I'm watching her on Fox News as I post.  I'm not seeing it.  I don't get her appeal. Boiler plate talking points mostly, and w/o any charisma.  

But, like I said, I'm not as negative on her chances as some. In an ugly, bitter primary, it's possible Haley emerges as the sympathetic candidate and wins by attrition.  

On 2/21/2023 at 8:21 AM, grandjean87 said:

I'm watching her on Fox News as I post.  I'm not seeing it.  I don't get her appeal. Boiler plate talking points mostly, and w/o any charisma.  

But, like I said, I'm not as negative on her chances as some. In an ugly, bitter primary, it's possible Haley emerges as the sympathetic candidate and wins by attrition.  

Dude, it’s politics. There’s a certain strategy and a game that has to be played to navigate a long primary. When you start off, you have to ensure voters that don’t know you that well that you’re OK on the basics. Once that’s done, you can get into pushing more creative ideas. Right now, it’s not exciting, but she’s establishing herself as the grounded moderate sane candidate that so many have been waiting for. 

Where did all the GOP go that voted for Bush? They either voted for Biden or Hillary, didn’t vote, or latched on to Trump for a while. These are the people that have been waiting. That’s why I believe her candidacy will slowly but steadily grow her into a contender. 

kat.jpg

On 2/21/2023 at 11:29 AM, Nevada Convert said:

Dude, it’s politics. There’s a certain strategy and a game that has to be played to navigate a long primary. When you start off, you have to ensure voters that don’t know you that well that you’re OK on the basics. Once that’s done, you can get into pushing more creative ideas. Right now, it’s not exciting, but she’s establishing herself as the grounded moderate sane candidate that so many have been waiting for. 

Where did all the GOP go that voted for Bush? They either voted for Biden or Hillary, didn’t vote, or latched on to Trump for a while. These are the people that have been waiting. That’s why I believe her candidacy will slowly but steadily grow her into a contender. 

She has low charisma. Personality is flatter than the Bonneville Salt Flats.  If that's what Republican voters end up wanted after finally rejecting Trump, deciding DeSantis is a smarmy, chubby weasel, and no one else fills the void, you may get a big MWB0ard '24 prediction win.  You probably deserve one from time to time. 

On 2/21/2023 at 10:55 AM, grandjean87 said:

She has low charisma. Personality is flatter than the Bonneville Salt Flats.  If that's what Republican voters end up wanted after finally rejecting Trump, deciding DeSantis is a smarmy, chubby weasel, and no one else fills the void, you may get a big MWB0ard '24 prediction win.  You probably deserve one from time to time. 

You are obviously not her target audience. Name a Dem female that you think is better.

kat.jpg

No way with this current Republican Party does she beat both Trump and Ron.  I think she does have a future in politics if she stays the course, maybe even as early as 2028 with a realistic shot at a nomination.  

On 3/22/2023 at 12:36 PM, alum93 said:

No way with this current Republican Party does she beat both Trump and Ron.  I think she does have a future in politics if she stays the course, maybe even as early as 2028 with a realistic shot at a nomination.  

the OCS is sucking the air out of the GOP - Wouldn't be surprised if a minor 3rd party develops from the trump cult - The cult isn't loyal to republicans, they are loyal to trump 

Haley has two strikes against her 1) She's female 2) She's of Indian descent -- there's a good % of the GOP base who can't accept those realities 

If she does have any future, like you said it's some years away - think the GOP has to somehow rid itself of the trump stench & the undercurrent of authoritarians, racists & literal Nazi's ........ if the overall party's base can return to some semblance of normalcy then she might have a shot within the party ...... not sure she can win nationally as she's too easy to expose. Like her silence over the OCS court problems - she's like most R's, frozen between the trump cult & whatever sane R's remain