Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Haley To Announce Presidential Run Feb. 15th

Haley has two strikes against her in the GOP Primary.  She's not DJT and she is not white enough.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 2/2/2023 at 2:51 PM, Spaztecs said:

Haley has two strikes against her in the GOP Primary.  She's not DJT and she is not white enough.

She's hot though.

At least I think so.

I know that makes me sexist.

I'm ok with that...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 2/2/2023 at 7:18 PM, Gonzagafan2021 said:

you'll probably like milf manor then 

Maybe.  Doubt the wife will.

I'm older than Nikki anyways.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 2/2/2023 at 9:04 PM, Gonzagafan2021 said:

You're married. You can't be saying other women are attractive like that 🤨

Wives have for-look pillows and towels.

Our for-look stuff is better.

@soupslam1

Why the facepalm? Is it so hard to conceive of a woman of Indian descent running for President, being considered a “strong” candidate by the MSM, never gaining traction, and then having an old white man win the nominee and pick that woman as a running mate in an attempt to appeal to women and minority voters? That’s just inconceivable to you?

@soupslam1

Okay Soup, get real and explain your down vote.

She's not as caustic, aggressive or confrontational as the OSS. Which, we all know, the Base loves. No traction on the whole.

She's not White. ~35 of the base are extremist racists. Evidenced by their eight year meltdown during the Obama Presidency and their vile and hatred towards our current VP and Immigration Secretary who is a Latino.

Hell, they want to Impeach him.

So, no. 

She cannot win the Nomination with thise two strikes against her.

Connie is right. She would make a good Candidate in the General. However, the Base would rather punch themselves in the nuts than Elect a non White.

The GOP nod will boil down to angry, Orange, Racist pos who is losing his shit and an angry Racist pos who isn't losing it.

It's absolutely disheartening that 60 years on from the Civil Rights Act, we are still dealing with Racist b.s. being a major political force in America.

Americans Mayor

On 2/3/2023 at 4:31 AM, Spaztecs said:

@soupslam1

Okay Soup, get real and explain your down vote.

She's not as caustic, aggressive or confrontational as the OSS. Which, we all know, the Base loves. No traction on the whole.

She's not White. ~35 of the base are extremist racists. Evidenced by their eight year meltdown during the Obama Presidency and their vile and hatred towards our current VP and Immigration Secretary who is a Latino.

Hell, they want to Impeach him.

So, no. 

She cannot win the Nomination with thise two strikes against her.

Connie is right. She would make a good Candidate in the General. However, the Base would rather punch themselves in the nuts than Elect a non White.

The GOP nod will boil down to angry, Orange, Racist pos who is losing his shit and an angry Racist pos who isn't losing it.

It's absolutely disheartening that 60 years on from the Civil Rights Act, we are still dealing with Racist b.s. being a major political force in America.

Haley is exactly the type of candidate that will be very popular in online echo chambers; I’m sure she will have no shortage of supporters among the conservatives on here, for example. But, this isn’t the real world. And in the real world I just don’t see a path to victory for her in a field that will almost assuredly include Trump, Desantis, and Pence, at the very least. 

She’s running to be a running mate. Now I don’t know if she knows that yet, but that IS what she is running for.

But if she does win that race and she ends up VP, all of a sudden she becomes a VERY strong contender (maybe the favorite) for the GOP nomination in the ‘32 or ‘36. In other words, running for President has a lot of potential upside for her, whether she wins the nomination or not, and basically no downside. 

I think the ticket will be Trump with DeSantis as his VP.  DeSantis is every bit as power hungry as Trump, only he has time on his side.  Trump only has 4 years left and DeSantis can serve the next 8.  I think that will be DeSantis ultimate plan.  They will go at each other until it's obvious who will win, then they will shake hands and join forces.  Haley and whoever else that wants to announce early will ultimately fall away, many of them getting promises for positions in the administration with side deals.  That is what i think happens on the right.  Biden runs again and wins a close race if the economy is in good shape in 2024.  

I don't see any way Haley or someone like her ever gets the nomination with the way the party is voting right now.  She is not MAGA enough.  

This is Trumps Primary to lose.

He is running with the 2016 parameters, not the 2020 parameters.

1. He can be the attack dog and doesn't have to defend the last four years.

2. Once again, DeSantis aside, he is running against a bunch of Centrists who will split their votes and the OSS wins again because of the winner take all rules.

3. Nixon was right. In the GOP Primary, you run hard to the Right. In the General, you run to the Center.

Americans Mayor

On 2/1/2023 at 9:19 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Declaring early is a recipe for losing.

RFK came within a bullet of winning the Dem Nomination in '68. Despite, not entering the fray until after the New Hampshire Primary 

Americans Mayor

On 2/3/2023 at 10:06 AM, Spaztecs said:

RFK came within a bullet of winning the Dem Nomination in '68. Despite, not entering the fray until after the New Hampshire Primary 

Well it’s certainly not wise to wait that long but the Democrats in 68 were a mess. She may get a boost in fund raising and secure some of the more quality staff likely locked out of the Trump/DeSantis camps. But if it’s met with a whimper that’s just longer dying on the vine.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 2/2/2023 at 2:14 PM, SalinasSpartan said:

I think Haley is going to end up as Trump’s running mate.

I don't think so.

If DJT encounters opposition, he may name another Politically dead Christian Nationalist ro secure his Right Wing. 

If he sails through, it will be be MTG.

It won't be Haley. He's not interested in Centrism.

Americans Mayor

This might be the most epic republican primary in history !!!!

1- trump thinks it's his nomination by default & he still has his cult with him. That alone is a formidable force to face off against.

2- Any republican daring to take on the OCS will be subject to massive denigration from the OCS, which will be a media circus & great comedy! 

3- Republican insiders are frantic, even to the point of hoping the OCS dies ( https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2023/01/2024-republican-primary-donald-trump-deus-ex-machina/672888/ ) Even the OCS being indicted could boost his support & ensuing vegnace tour 

4 - If trump is NOT the nominee, he's likely to run as a 3rd party option & maybe even form his own party - this satisfies his ego, would mean he controls / makes the $$$ 

5 - if the OCS does look like he's headed to the nomination, the panic inside the party and down the ballot will be amazing ......those scrambling to disavow the OCS & those on their knees begging for OCS endorsement 

Tweet regarding #3 

Press them hard enough, and most Republican officials—even the ones with MAGA hats in their closets and Mar-a-Lago selfies in their Twitter avatar—will privately admit that Donald Trump has become a problem. He’s presided over three abysmal election cycles since he took office, he is more unstable than ever, and yet he returned to the campaign trail this past weekend, declaring that he is “angry” and determined to win the  GOP presidential nomination again in 2024. Aside from his most blinkered loyalists, virtually everyone in the party agrees: It’s time to move on from Trump.

But ask them how they plan to do that, and the discussion quickly veers into the realm of hopeful hypotheticals. Maybe he’ll get indicted and his legal problems will overwhelm him. Maybe he’ll flame out early in the primaries, or just get bored with politics and wander away. Maybe the situation will resolve itself naturally: He’s old, after all—how many years can he have left?

On 2/3/2023 at 3:00 PM, UNLV2001 said:

This might be the most epic republican primary in history !!!!

1- trump thinks it's his nomination by default & he still has his cult with him. That alone is a formidable force to face off against.

2- Any republican daring to take on the OCS will be subject to massive denigration from the OCS, which will be a media circus & great comedy! 

3- Republican insiders are frantic, even to the point of hoping the OCS dies ( https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2023/01/2024-republican-primary-donald-trump-deus-ex-machina/672888/ ) Even the OCS being indicted could boost his support & ensuing vegnace tour 

4 - If trump is NOT the nominee, he's likely to run as a 3rd party option & maybe even form his own party - this satisfies his ego, would mean he controls / makes the $$$ 

5 - if the OCS does look like he's headed to the nomination, the panic inside the party and down the ballot will be amazing ......those scrambling to disavow the OCS & those on their knees begging for OCS endorsement 

Tweet regarding #3 

Press them hard enough, and most Republican officials—even the ones with MAGA hats in their closets and Mar-a-Lago selfies in their Twitter avatar—will privately admit that Donald Trump has become a problem. He’s presided over three abysmal election cycles since he took office, he is more unstable than ever, and yet he returned to the campaign trail this past weekend, declaring that he is “angry” and determined to win the  GOP presidential nomination again in 2024. Aside from his most blinkered loyalists, virtually everyone in the party agrees: It’s time to move on from Trump.

But ask them how they plan to do that, and the discussion quickly veers into the realm of hopeful hypotheticals. Maybe he’ll get indicted and his legal problems will overwhelm him. Maybe he’ll flame out early in the primaries, or just get bored with politics and wander away. Maybe the situation will resolve itself naturally: He’s old, after all—how many years can he have left?

This is EXACTLY why Haley is the only candidate out there that can navigate this to the nomination and have a great chance at winning the general in 2024. 

There’s a lot of time to spell out what I (and very sure her camp) see as a way to navigate this. But the only way you’ll be able to see it is to know a lot about her relationship with Trump and what’s left of his crazy following. 

I’ll give you some hints. Trump is intimidated by strong women. The difference is he really loves Haley. You also have to know a lot about psychology, and Trumps relationship with his mother. Haley has always liked some of Trump’s early strong points, but got out of his administration after year 2 because of how disgusted she got with the bad stuff.

She always ripped on him on Twitter when he really screwed up, but would reinforce a positive even from the past. This resulted in Trump NEVER ripping on her. And she really ripped him at times.

At this point Trump is so bad, she’s showing a game of respect only to navigate around him and to get him into the past for the sake of everyone. She promised him that she’d consult with him first on running if he was, and she recently did. The other day she shared that, and he said “do what your heart tells you”.  That’s as close to a “it’s ok” than she’d ever get. 

So she’s not going to be the attack dog like Desantis is on Trump, she won’t be afraid to criticize Trump, because she always has. But she knows how to do it and not draw the ire from Trump or his nuts. 

I think Trump still thinks Haley cares about him as a person, and he thinks she would be the only candidate from either party that would pardon him as President. 

That’s your hint. She’s the only candidate that can navigate this mess which is why I’ve predicted for a long time that she runs, gets the nomination and wins in 2024. 

kat.jpg

On 2/4/2023 at 11:59 AM, grandjean87 said:

It's settled then. 

No, but I don’t know how anyone else is going to navigate it. If Trump thinks he’s in it long enough before it’s too late to get on the ballot as an Indy, that’s one way to dump him, but each state has a different time line. Ultimately, from Trumps perspective, he either needs to be president or someone that will pardon him. That’s a short list in his mind. The reality is there is no list. 

kat.jpg