Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

SDSU @ Nevada

On 1/31/2023 at 11:25 PM, bigd said:

Great win, I know I’m in the minority but it’s fun watching the students storm the court.

good game Aztecs, glad to finally pull one off.

Hell yeah, let them storm the court and enjoy the win. Really good crowd for a Tuesday night. 

On 2/1/2023 at 9:24 AM, jewelz4562000 said:

Has any MW team that got ranked ever won their next game?

This year or ever? I'm sure that SDSU in 2019 and 2020 had several games ranked that they won. Same with Nevada in 2017 and 2018. This year, I don't think so. 

On 1/31/2023 at 10:24 PM, thatsmymammy said:

storm the court really

Beat a ranked team - check.

Beat a team that has won 9 straight against NV - check.

Beat the MWC best team - check.

What's the problem?

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

On 2/1/2023 at 8:26 AM, Slapdad said:

This year or ever? I'm sure that SDSU in 2019 and 2020 had several games ranked that they won. Same with Nevada in 2017 and 2018. This year, I don't think so. 

Nevada in 2018-2019 was ranked in the top 10 all year right up until the last few weeks and the plane crashed into the mountain.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 2/1/2023 at 9:26 AM, Slapdad said:

I'm mostly joking I know all time some have. Its just a joke this year. What is the league ranked teams this year like 0-6? Maybe its a good thing and why our NET is so good. Boosts teams that get that top 25 win.

On 2/1/2023 at 8:35 AM, battle.borne said:

Beat a ranked team - check.

Beat a team that has won 9 straight against NV - check.

Beat the MWC best team - check.

What's the problem?

Hell, if they want to storm the court against Air Force I don't care. I'd much rather the students show up and be enthusiastic versus not showing up or sitting on their hands the whole game. 

Too much student enthusiasm is definitely a good problem to have IMO. 

On 1/31/2023 at 10:24 PM, thatsmymammy said:

storm the court really

WTF is wrong with you? It wasn’t the fans, it was some of the students. We just beat 2 ranked teams in a row which is the 1st time in Nevada BB history. It also gave us a 3rd Q1 win to get us in the Tourney now if we don’t have any dumb losses in the next 8 games and MWC Tourney. 

kat.jpg

On 2/1/2023 at 12:18 PM, sdsuphilip4 said:

My only issue with storming the court is the risk of people being hurt, have no issue about people celebrating a big win

Life is full of danger....live on the edge! 

On 1/31/2023 at 10:27 PM, soupslam1 said:

Nice win by the Pack. Life on the road isn’t easy and the Aztecs have three more in very tough venues. 

Hey! Don't you go bursting the bubble of the Aztec who said a couple weeks ago we wouldn't lose more than 3 games in conference.

On 2/1/2023 at 8:26 AM, Slapdad said:

The 2019-2020 Aztecs were ranked in the top 25 for most of the season. Same for the Aztecs team during Kawhi's final year. Probably more than two dozen wins as ranked teams by just those two. Then there was the other SDSU which also went to the Sweet 16. Etc, etc.

The problem with this MWC season is the same as with every MWC season: Most years it's a good basketball league but nothing more. Good enough that it's been my opinion for years that a few schools which almost never perform well in football should do nothing more in that sport than field a team and switch the savings to hoops. I think that could elevate MWC basketball to the point of giving its best teams a possible shot at a Final Four berth sometime and the NATIONAL visibility that would bring. However, realistically, this is yet another season in which the best the MWC can possibly be expected to do is win 2-3 games in the dance.

On 2/1/2023 at 12:02 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

The 2019-2020 Aztecs were ranked in the top 25 for most of the season. Same for the Aztecs team during Kawhi's final year. Probably more than two dozen wins as ranked teams by just those two. Then there was the other SDSU which also went to the Sweet 16. Etc, etc.

The problem with this MWC season is the same as with every MWC season: Most years it's a good basketball league but nothing more. Good enough that it's been my opinion for years that a few schools which almost never perform well in football should do nothing more in that sport than field a team and switch the savings to hoops. I think that could elevate MWC basketball to the point of giving its best teams a possible shot at a Final Four berth sometime and the NATIONAL visibility that would bring. However, realistically, this is yet another season in which the best the MWC can possibly be expected to do is win 2-3 games in the dance.

Your enthusiasm is infectious! 

On 1/31/2023 at 11:26 PM, mugtang said:

Good game SDSU

Roflmao.

My HS team could have beat the Aztecs.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor