Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Claude G

Colorado

On 2/1/2023 at 8:54 AM, Pokez said:

"He's not a good fit in Boulder."

Boulder better conform to him. He is the future of college football in the transfer portal/NIL era.

Deion Sanders is going to be widely successful wherever he goes because he will be the best recruiter in the nation. 

Colorado is delusional if they think they're gonna hold on to him for very long though. Their only purpose is to showcase Sander's coaching talent at the D1 level. 

If Mike Norvell blinks in the next couple years and falls off, FSU will sell the farm to bring him back....along with plenty of other suitors. Whatever you offer Sanders he'll make it back, just look at Colorado's ticket sales post Dec. 3 after Neon was announced. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 2/1/2023 at 11:10 AM, Rebels18 said:

Deion Sanders is going to be widely successful wherever he goes because he will be the best recruiter in the nation. 

Colorado is delusional if they think they're gonna hold on to him for very long though. Their only purpose is to showcase Sander's coaching talent at the D1 level. 

If Mike Norvell blinks in the next couple years and falls off, FSU will sell the farm to bring him back....along with plenty of other suitors. Whatever you offer Sanders he'll make it back, just look at Colorado's ticket sales post Dec. 3 after Neon was announced. 

I’m actually surprised he took the CU job. Plenty of other P5 programs fired their coaches last season. I think Sanders can have his pick of P5 Jobs and write his own paycheck. 

If he turns CU around in a short time, I think he can get any blue blood job he wants if they have coaching issues with their current coaching staff. 

And I agree, CU isn’t home. It’s a pit stop to the top. 

On 1/31/2023 at 8:12 PM, utenation said:

Love this. Aunt Bonnie rocks. 

My mom loves to make fun of me because when I go to visit I'm the king of cleaning out her fridge throwing the 3 year old Tostitos salsa out in the trash.. I'm always like "ma, whaddya got a science project going on in your fridge" ? 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

On 2/1/2023 at 4:15 PM, utenation said:

I’m actually surprised he took the CU job. Plenty of other P5 programs fired their coaches last season. I think Sanders can have his pick of P5 Jobs and write his own paycheck. 

If he turns CU around in a short time, I think he can get any blue blood job he wants if they have coaching issues with their current coaching staff. 

And I agree, CU isn’t home. It’s a pit stop to the top. 

I honestly was expecting him to take the USF job due to his ties in Florida.

On 2/1/2023 at 5:03 PM, utgrizfan said:

I honestly was expecting him to take the USF job due to his ties in Florida.

Pretty strategic IMO.  Getting paid at a place he can recruit to, in a conference he can make some noise in, and prove his worth to some of the big boys.  In short, the SEC AD's are watching to see if he can pull it off at the P5 level, and then he's punched his ticket.  Being able to walk his son in as the presumptive starter doesn't hurt either.  He couldn't do that just anywhere in the P5.

On 1/31/2023 at 10:31 AM, Claude G said:

Wow what an impressive haul by Coach Prime so far.

USA Today article

Are they running the A-11 offense? A bunch of 4* and 5* WRs with mostly 2* and 3* OL. Defense should be much improved but still don’t think Colorado is better than 7-5 or 8-4 this season. His son is going to take some licks.

On 2/3/2023 at 12:11 AM, bsu_alum9 said:

Are they running the A-11 offense? A bunch of 4* and 5* WRs with mostly 2* and 3* OL. Defense should be much improved but still don’t think Colorado is better than 7-5 or 8-4 this season. His son is going to take some licks.

That’d be a DRAMATIC turnaround from the last several years. 

tetons1.jpg

On 2/3/2023 at 12:25 AM, SLCPoke said:

That’d be a DRAMATIC turnaround from the last several years. 

Exactly. The angst is strong. Prime is going to turn that ship around in months not years. CU was fun to watch back in the day. Good memories of those games and what that program meant to Colorado. I miss the Friday Thanksgiving game with Nebraska. Progress!?

On 2/3/2023 at 9:19 AM, NevadaFan said:

Exactly. The angst is strong. Prime is going to turn that ship around in months not years. CU was fun to watch back in the day. Good memories of those games and what that program meant to Colorado. I miss the Friday Thanksgiving game with Nebraska. Progress!?

Not sure if you saw the videos when Prime first toured CU's facilities and spoke to the team. Epic.. Afterwards, some people were complaining about him being too harsh on the players.. When he was sitting down with CU leadership about the job, I have no doubt he told them exactly how things were going to happen..  CU wants to win. I respect that.

He basically lit a fire under their asses(which they needed) and said you have to earn everything and I'm bringing my guys, so leave now.

The CU players that will make it through all this will be mentally tough as nails. 

On 2/3/2023 at 9:27 AM, utenation said:

Not sure if you saw the videos when Prime first toured CU's facilities and spoke to the team. Epic.. Afterwards, some people were complaining about him being too harsh on the players.. When he was sitting down with CU leadership about the job, I have no doubt he told them exactly how things were going to happen..  CU wants to win. I respect that.

He basically lit a fire under their asses(which they needed) and said you have to earn everything and I'm bringing my guys, so leave now.

The CU players that will make it through all this will be mentally tough as nails. 

This never gets old and seems tangently appropriate here: Dan Hawkins Intramural Rant at Colorado

On 4/24/2023 at 8:59 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

Colorado has now had 41 players enter portal since December (18 today). I’m thinking they go 3-9 or worse this year. Deion is a snake-oil-salesman.

That's by design.  He doesn't want kids from those teams who won around 4 or 5 games the last two years.  He wanted to flip that roster as soon as he could