Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at Colorado State

University of Nevada Las Vegas   Image result for csu rams basketball logo

DATE: Tuesday, January 31
TIME: 7 p.m. MT/6 p.m. PT
SITE: Moby Arena (8,083), Fort Collins, Colorado
TV: Mountain West Network --- Play-by-Play: Brian Roth Analyst: Adam Nigon
RADIO: ESPN Radio 1100 AM (Jon Sandler, Curtis Terry, sidelines: Steve Cofield) --- Colorado State Sports Network (K99.1 FM)

AUDIO: UNLV Rebels App & UNLVRebels.com
STATS: Live Stats at UNLV Rebels App & UNLVRebels.com CSURams.com

The series started back in 1979

UNLV leads the all-time series 43-20

UNLV is 12-10 all-time at CSU & 14-17 in Ft. Collins

The Rams have won 10 of the last 13 games against UNLV overall and five of the last seven in Fort Collins

CSU has an overall record of 1,337-1,308 (.506) in 121 seasons

UNLV has an overall record of 1,349-618 (.686) in 65 seasons 

Since the 3-point field goal was adopted by the NCAA in 1986-87, UNLV has converted at least one 3-pointer in all 1,182 games played

Colorado State fell to a hot-shooting Boise State team Saturday 80-59

UNLV is coming off a 68-62 home win over rival Nevada on Saturday

Colorado State won the first match up between these teams 82-81 in overtime thanks to the late game heroics of Isaiah Stevens

Niko Medved is 87-58 in his 5th season at CSU

Kevin Kruger is 32-21 in his 2nd season at UNLV

CSU is 7-4 in home games this season

Since beating UNLV on Jan. 14 in Las Vegas by a point, Colorado State has lost three straight games: vs. San Diego State (82-76), at Wyoming (58-57) and at Boise State (80-59)

UNLV has won two straight games after losing the previous four games

UNLV is 1-4 in MWC road games with the win coming at #21 New Mexico

image.png

Image  Image  Image

The CSU game was probably our worst loss of the year because:

1. It was at home

2. Not a good team by any means; that Stevens guy had the game of his life tho.

3. Just gave the game away at the end and they won it on a series of highly low probability shots.

I hope we can come out with an attitude and blow them away to make up for that awful loss.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

On 1/30/2023 at 4:58 PM, VincentVegaBond said:

The CSU game was probably our worst loss of the year because:

1. It was at home

2. Not a good team by any means; that Stevens guy had the game of his life tho.

3. Just gave the game away at the end and they won it on a series of highly low probability shots.

I hope we can come out with an attitude and blow them away to make up for that awful loss.

That Stevens guy is pretty good. Over his career he has played 7 games against UNLV and averaged 22, 5, and 5. Far and away his best splits against any MWC team.  His two highest career game totals have come against UNLV. and his 3-point % against UNLV is a whopping 59.6% (28-47)

And to put that into perspective, Jimmer Fredette averaged 19, 3, and 3. And Sam Merrill averaged 16, 4, and 3. Fredette and Merrill are the two highest career scorers in MWC history.

I expect this one to be an absolute war. I suspect it will come down to the wire again like the first time these teams played. I don't have a whole lot of confidence in UNLV winning on the road...but I also don't have much confidence in CSU getting it done at home. The winner is pretty much a tossup IMO.

On 1/30/2023 at 5:54 PM, Swoll Cracker said:

That Stevens guy is pretty good. Over his career he has played 7 games against UNLV and averaged 22, 5, and 5. Far and away his best splits against any MWC team.  His two highest career game totals have come against UNLV. and his 3-point % against UNLV is a whopping 59.6% (28-47)

And to put that into perspective, Jimmer Fredette averaged 19, 3, and 3. And Sam Merrill averaged 16, 4, and 3. Fredette and Merrill are the two highest career scorers in MWC history.

Did you really sit around on your computer gathering stats for 15 minutes just to flex on a message board?

On 1/30/2023 at 7:15 PM, KingBronco said:

I expect this one to be an absolute war. I suspect it will come down to the wire again like the first time these teams played. I don't have a whole lot of confidence in UNLV winning on the road...but I also don't have much confidence in CSU getting it done at home. The winner is pretty much a tossup IMO.

I have zero confidence in CSU after watching them in Laramie. They’ve derailed.

On 1/30/2023 at 7:22 PM, KayakArmada said:

Did you really sit around on your computer gathering stats for 15 minutes just to flex on a message board?

Yep.

It was a blatant attempt to communicate that Isaiah Stevens is more than a guy who happened to have a career day. Sorry to upset you.

On 1/30/2023 at 5:54 PM, Swoll Cracker said:

He is good. Michael Jordan II, or even Jimmer, for that matter, he is not. No reason to allow him those otherworldly numbers.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

On 1/30/2023 at 8:32 PM, VincentVegaBond said:

He is good. Michael Jordan II, or even Jimmer, for that matter, he is not. No reason to allow him those otherworldly numbers.

Stevens career averages are about 15ppg and 5apg. If you look at his splits against other MWC schools he’s pretty much 13-16ppg and 5apg. For some inexplicable reason UNLV is the only real outlier. 

On 1/30/2023 at 6:15 PM, KingBronco said:

Well, UNLV did win at the Pit.. just sayin.

The common denominator in all of UNLV's losses is that Elijah Parquet was out. What a difference in the rest of team's defense when he is back, he makes all of them better. I'm sure Parquet will be on Stevens tomorrow night.

I hope LuRod is back, and healthy, as well.

On 1/31/2023 at 4:34 AM, 4UNLV said:

Not related to this thread, but this came across my timeline. Oh Jarvis, lol, I remember this.

And gotta love Chick Hearn.

I was at that game. That was definitely a “Holy $hit” moment.