Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

The Double Standard On This Is Just Out of Control

"I was in my car listening to rap music, rapping along to the words and posted a video of it on social media," he wrote. "I deeply apologize for the words in the song that I chose to say. It was hurtful and offensive to many people, and I regret that.”

So a great 4 star HS QB gets an offer to Florida, then a video of him singing to a rap song in his car which included N word lyrics is seen by the Florida staff and they drop him. Then an HBCU offers him and then drops him. Now he just has an Alabama A&M and West Florida offer……for posting on social media the same exact thing that black recruits and student athletes post all the time. West Florida?????  Is that NAIA or something?  Just checked, it’s DII. 

N word for me, but not for you. It’s just a typical immature HS kid not being aware of the extreme PC cancel shit out there. Singing rap songs doesn’t make this kid a racist for God’s sake. He seems very sorry, and seems like a decent kid. 

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/hbcu-coach-apologizes-after-offering-scholarship-student-dropped-florida-rapping-n-word.amp

kat.jpg

On 1/29/2023 at 8:29 PM, Nevada Convert said:

"I was in my car listening to rap music, rapping along to the words and posted a video of it on social media," he wrote. "I deeply apologize for the words in the song that I chose to say. It was hurtful and offensive to many people, and I regret that.”

So a great 4 star HS QB gets an offer to Florida, then a video of him singing to a rap song in his car which included N word lyrics is seen by the Florida staff and they drop him. Then an HBCU offers him and then drops him. Now he just has an Alabama A&M and West Florida offer……for posting on social media the same exact thing that black recruits and student athletes post all the time. West Florida?????  Is that NAIA or something?  Just checked, it’s DII. 

N word for me, but not for you. It’s just a typical immature HS kid not being aware of the extreme PC cancel shit out there. Singing rap songs doesn’t make this kid a racist for God’s sake. He seems very sorry, and seems like a decent kid. 

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/hbcu-coach-apologizes-after-offering-scholarship-student-dropped-florida-rapping-n-word.amp

Let’s see what happens if Eminem used it in his songs?  Have to agree with you on this one. It’s of my own personal opinion the word would just almost disappear eventually if it wasn’t used by blacks so often. 

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Moral of the Story:

Don't listen to or sing rap music publicly.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 1/29/2023 at 11:29 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Ridiculous if it weren't so frightening. Laws restricting my choices but not thine with profound punishment for me but not for thee.

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

On 1/30/2023 at 8:37 AM, USU78 said:

Ridiculous if it weren't so frightening. Laws restricting my choices but not thine with profound punishment for me but not for thee.

What law was at play here?

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 1/30/2023 at 8:43 AM, USU78 said:

Nature, red in tooth and claw.

Is that a federal law, or a Florida one?

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 1/30/2023 at 6:44 AM, RSF said:

Is that a federal law, or a Florida one?

Doesn’t seem a law was involved, just a discretionary decision on the part of institutions. I’m sure DeSantis will get after those woke administrators. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

On 1/30/2023 at 9:06 AM, Old_SD_Dude said:

Doesn’t seem a law was involved, just a discretionary decision on the part of institutions. I’m sure DeSantis will get after those woke administrators. 

I was just responding  to a reference to restrictive laws, because there wasnt any here.

On 1/30/2023 at 6:48 AM, Spaztecs said:

Moral of the Story:

Don't listen to or sing rap music publicly.

The opening scene of Office Space comes to mind immediately. 

Two life lessons:

Rap is utter garbage

Stay off of social media 

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

• it's not a double standard
  • why do you want to be able to say it so bad

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 1/30/2023 at 8:48 AM, happycamper said:

I think a football player of any race would be in deep water if a video of them uttering rap music with the n word in it surfaced. I don't know that we have counter-examples to prove that point though. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

On 1/30/2023 at 11:00 AM, madmartigan said:

I think a football player of any race would be in deep water if a video of them uttering rap music with the n word in it surfaced. I don't know that we have counter-examples to prove that point though. 

I think anyone on this board would struggle with job offers if they posted a video on linkedin with them rapping with the n word

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 1/30/2023 at 8:03 AM, happycamper said:

I think anyone on this board would struggle with job offers if they posted a video on linkedin with them rapping with the n word

I get the feeling most on the board would struggle to karaoke anything. I’ve seen the what are you listening to lately.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 1/30/2023 at 7:48 AM, happycamper said:

Why do you want to be an asshole so bad

So you’re going to sit there and say that black recruits and players don’t post the same videos? 

Ice T on Bill Maher recently said blacks can say the N word, no one else can. 

I don’t think anyone should say it, but that’s just me. 

kat.jpg