Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

MWC HOOPS 1/28/23 - WHO YA GOT?

2-2 last time out. 1-2 for the game spreads and I hit the Fresno under - shocker. I’m now something like 16-21 on the season. Pretty crap if you ask me.

Interesting games today as the top teams look to keep pace with each other.

If Fresno State could shoot from the perimeter, I’d give them a chance against Utah State. The Bulldogs can’t so they won’t. Bulldogs will make a game of it by forcing turnovers. But … I’m taking the Aggies and of course the under. 

CSU is 2-6 in the MWC and have led all of their games save one inside the 7 minute mark. Problem is they only have one Alpha who can properly close a game. Opponents know that and adjust accordingly (other than UNLV). Boise will win a close one, Rams cover the 8.

Saint Joe and Saint Diego are both on missions. One at the top of the heap, the other earning respect. Aztecs win, Sparty covers in a hard fought game.

Best game of the night in the T&M. A win would go a long way for Nevadas NCAA hopes. A win for the Rebels might get them back on track after a rocky start.  Sorry Rebs. Pack to win and cover.

With the Lobos game/win, now in the rearview mirror, it'll be good to sit back and enjoy some fine MWC basketball games. Looking forward to scout USU, our next opponent.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

These are all tough games to bet on as a few teams are on the streaky side:

I think CSU will cover against Boise State, but the Broncos will win before another big Saturday crowd. Stevens will get his points, but Degenhart will counter. 

Utah State has too much firepower for an offensively challenged Fresno team. They’ll win the three point battle handily and thus will cover. 

SDSU has been flexing their muscles recently and are playing much better. They have too much depth for SJSU and if Dutcher is smart enough to give Trammel’s minutes to Seiko this game won’t be close. The Aztecs cover at home. 

The Nevada schools are headed in opposite directions. I thought the Rebels would be better than the Pack this year, but the opposite has happened. Like USU against Fresno, Reno has too much firepower for the Rebels and will cover the 1.5 points which appears to be a very slight margin given how both teams have played to date. 

Even with two teams veering off in opposite directions Soup, "Rivalry" games would make me nervous.  -1.5 is effectively pick 'em and too low.  Nevada to cover

SDSU and Boise to cover.

It's the MW.  Fresno's going to give another top-5 team a bad loss before this season's done.  While it may not be USU, I'm going against the crowd and say the Choo's Choo's win but don't cover.  

Watching Sherfield tear up Alabama right now, currently with 27pts. How good would Nevada be right now if they kept him, wow!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

On 1/28/2023 at 6:59 PM, HooknLiberty said:

Boise might cover 😂

Bsu came out really flat in the second. Lot of standing around on both the offensive and defensive end. Got a little worried when rams cut it to 6.  Rice finally calls a timeout, a bit late in my opinion, gets the team refocused and away they go. Nice solid 21 point  win.