Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alum93

5 officers charged with murder

Recommended Posts

On 1/27/2023 at 10:30 PM, tspoke said:

Thats why I can't watch it... Call me a  baby but I can't take it. Thank you for witnessing it. 

No desire to watch it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/28/2023 at 1:38 AM, Nevada Convert said:

Oh bullshit. No one is doing shit about gang violence. 

convert the entire set of criminal justice reforms from the 70s thru the 90s was "doing shit about gang violence". ffs they made it illegal in la county for more than 3 youths to walk home together. the war on drugs, 3 strikes laws, gang task forces, increased financial crimes enforcement....

the amount of "doing shit about gang violence" has increased police power and, well, state violence to the point that many people are wondering who is doing the more damage to society. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/28/2023 at 11:59 AM, happycamper said:

convert the entire set of criminal justice reforms from the 70s thru the 90s was "doing shit about gang violence". ffs they made it illegal in la county for more than 3 youths to walk home together. the war on drugs, 3 strikes laws, gang task forces, increased financial crimes enforcement....

the amount of "doing shit about gang violence" has increased police power and, well, state violence to the point that many people are wondering who is doing the more damage to society. 

LOL!! 
25,000 gangs, 750,000 members. Nearly 50% of crime is gang related. 2,000 murders a year. That’s 2/3’s of 911 deaths every year. 

Give me a holler when you see protests breaking out over gang violence. 

kat.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/28/2023 at 12:19 PM, Nevada Convert said:

LOL!! 
25,000 gangs, 750,000 members. Nearly 50% of crime is gang related. 2,000 murders a year. That’s 2/3’s of 911 deaths every year. 

Give me a holler when you see protests breaking out over gang violence. 

Put another way, that’s a little less then two days worth of COVID deaths during the peak.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/28/2023 at 1:34 PM, SalinasSpartan said:

Put another way, that’s a little less then two days worth of COVID deaths during the peak.

And look at how much we changed as a country to try and prevent that. That’s a lot of effort, and that effort resolved Covid as a big danger for the most part. You don’t see anyone demanding change in the streets for the chronic gang problem. 

kat.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/28/2023 at 1:38 PM, Nevada Convert said:

And look at how much we changed as a country to try and prevent that. That’s a lot of effort, and that effort resolved Covid as a big danger for the most part. You don’t see anyone demanding change in the streets for the chronic gang problem. 

Get off your ass and go organize a march then instead of bitching online. Nobody is stopping you from actually being (what you would consider to be) a part of the solution.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/27/2023 at 12:52 PM, SAMO said:

They’re just a gang with badges who have a monopoly on state sanctioned enforcement power…lol

Years ago when I lived in Ohio, i had anfriend who was married to an Iranian ex-pat. She got out right before the Shah was toppled from power. She always said the Police are just legalized criminals and thugs.

 

"You are what your record says you are."       Bill Parcells

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/28/2023 at 1:43 PM, SalinasSpartan said:

Get off your ass and go organize a march then instead of bitching online. Nobody is stopping you from actually being (what you would consider to be) a part of the solution.

LOL, if it was directly affecting my life, I would be in the streets. But you’re missing the point. This peaceful protest against police is justified, but it’s politically motivated, not motivated by an objective concern for life and crime. Otherwise much bigger issues like gang violence would be protested much more, and it’s virtually never protested. 

I’ve personally been a victim of gang violence. In 1994 I was going to UNLV and renting a room at this house near Charleston and Nellis on E. Imperial. Back then there was grass on the right side of the yard and no bushes. I was doing homework at my desk in my room (circled). My roommate and his gf were sitting in front of my window on the grass.

A red Camaro stopped in the street and opened fire at them. Bullets were going through my wall and window and I hit the deck. Thank God they missed them and I didn’t get hit. The Metro gang unit had 3 red Camaro’s pulled over within 15 minutes, and they took the two to identify them through a completely tinted window, and the were caught. Metro said it was a gang initiation attempted killing. That fvcker was a BAD shot. The kick also made him shoot high. 
 

0E259C77-4B18-4EA5-A1C1-AF842EC995DE.jpeg.3873f2374c7e5fdc9a0d41d8a401edcd.jpeg

 

kat.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/28/2023 at 2:19 PM, Spaztecs said:

Years ago when I lived in Ohio, i had anfriend who was married to an Iranian ex-pat. She got out right before the Shah was toppled from power. She always said the Police are just legalized criminals and thugs.

she aint wrong…they’re just more transparent about it in places like iran…Dubai…Mexico…Colombia…et al…lol

here it’s the same shit but beneath a thick veneer of “everyday heroes” bullshit…lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/27/2023 at 5:29 PM, RSF said:

The cops were fired.

 

They're being charged with murder.

 

The video is being released pretty quickly.

 

 

So explain to me why people are protesting?

Because the Culture that created that outcome, still exists.

 

"You are what your record says you are."       Bill Parcells

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/27/2023 at 7:14 PM, SAMO said:

I just watched the video(s) a little bit ago…I hope those pigs never see the light of day again…

that was +++++ing awful and disturbing 

If you thought it was bad, it truly was.

I have declined to watch because of the claimed horrificness.

 

 

"You are what your record says you are."       Bill Parcells

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/28/2023 at 4:25 PM, Spaztecs said:

Because the Culture that created that outcome, still exists.

Cops fired and charged, video released.  Thats the outcome.  I hope that culture would exist.  It offers hope.  Doesn't mean a lot of shit doesn't need to change, but it's a step in the right direction.  I'd rather focus on that, but I'm just one guy.

The louder someone claims to know something, the less they generally know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/27/2023 at 9:53 PM, UofMTigers said:

I will say I'm impressed that MPD has already fired all 5 officers and the DA has allready charged them with all with 2nd degree murder, and assault...they ain't playin'

Unlike our DoJ.

 

"You are what your record says you are."       Bill Parcells

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/28/2023 at 6:46 AM, madmartigan said:

I’m no PR or messaging expert- maybe REFORM the police instead of Defund? 
 

The other big issue is that a very tiny portion of the far left would very much like to defund the police entirely. 
 

I think thats especially why “defund the police” got so sensationalized in this era of teams and political polarization.

Not to mention the Right had an Orange Megaphone.

 

"You are what your record says you are."       Bill Parcells

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/28/2023 at 4:19 PM, Spaztecs said:

Years ago when I lived in Ohio, i had anfriend who was married to an Iranian ex-pat. She got out right before the Shah was toppled from power. She always said the Police are just legalized criminals and thugs.

Wait, are you telling me that when the US installs a puppet government we don't leave FREEEEDDDUMBBBB in our path?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/28/2023 at 2:21 PM, Nevada Convert said:

LOL, if it was directly affecting my life, I would be in the streets. But you’re missing the point. This peaceful protest against police is justified, but it’s politically motivated, not motivated by an objective concern for life and crime. Otherwise much bigger issues like gang violence would be protested much more, and it’s virtually never protested. 

I’ve personally been a victim of gang violence. In 1994 I was going to UNLV and renting a room at this house near Charleston and Nellis on E. Imperial. Back then there was grass on the right side of the yard and no bushes. I was doing homework at my desk in my room (circled). My roommate and his gf were sitting in front of my window on the grass.

A red Camaro stopped in the street and opened fire at them. Bullets were going through my wall and window and I hit the deck. Thank God they missed them and I didn’t get hit. The Metro gang unit had 3 red Camaro’s pulled over within 15 minutes, and they took the two to identify them through a completely tinted window, and the were caught. Metro said it was a gang initiation attempted killing. That fvcker was a BAD shot. The kick also made him shoot high. 
 

0E259C77-4B18-4EA5-A1C1-AF842EC995DE.jpeg.3873f2374c7e5fdc9a0d41d8a401edcd.jpeg

 

It’s not affecting you now so you’re too lazy to get off your ass. Got it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t understand how this is a race crime. 5 black officer beat up a young black man. I only watch the 1st video. The kid maced the cops and ran off. Obviously he was beaten to a pulp at some point. Apparently if you’re a cop you are white regardless of your race. 
 

I doubt this stuff is ever going away. Power hungry and controlling people gravitate to law enforcement.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/28/2023 at 5:01 PM, robe said:

I don’t understand how this is a race crime. 5 black officer beat up a young black man. I only watch the 1st video. The kid maced the cops and ran off. Obviously he was beaten to a pulp at some point. Apparently if you’re a cop you are white regardless of your race. 
 

I doubt this stuff is ever going away. Power hungry and controlling people gravitate to law enforcement.

Black People can (and are) racist too.  According to many studies, the one commonality with disproportionate police violence is the race of the victim, not the offenders.

In any case, it may not be a race crime.  It's definitely a Memphis Police Department issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/28/2023 at 2:50 PM, SalinasSpartan said:

It’s not affecting you now so you’re too lazy to get off your ass. Got it.

I have enough battles already to fight in my life. Can’t do everything. Feel free yourself. 

kat.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites



  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...