Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alum93

5 officers charged with murder

On 1/27/2023 at 8:42 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

I disagree and thought Rodney King video was worse. I think 2 of these cops should get convicted of homicide but 3 others appear to have been young participants afraid to question their superiors much like the George Floyd situation. And they were just poorly trained and bad at getting the guy handcuffed.

King lived. Nichols didnt. “I’m literally laying down.” “You guys are doing a lot.” “Mom. MOM. MOM.”

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 1/27/2023 at 10:53 PM, UofMTigers said:

I will say I'm impressed that MPD has already fired all 5 officers and the DA has allready charged them with all with 2nd degree murder, and assault...they ain't playin'

I was impressed, then I watched the video (or the parts I could stomach) and was outraged.  Like several more people need to be charged and a +++++load of other people (including the EMS/EMT) folks need to be fired.  There should be like 10-15 people charged here.

(I did read two more cops suspended after the video release...)

If it's true the Scorpion Unit was created under the head PD's watch then she needs to go as well.

On 1/27/2023 at 6:29 PM, RSF said:

The cops were fired.

They're being charged with murder.

The video is being released pretty quickly.

So explain to me why people are protesting?

There were multiple police members who watched it happen, several others arrived on the scene and did nothing to help the victim.  The problem is systemic. 

On 1/27/2023 at 9:30 PM, tspoke said:

Thats why I can't watch it... Call me a  baby but I can't take it. Thank you for witnessing it. 

Ain’t nothing babyish about it. It’s tough to watch and I’ll tell you it didn’t do wonders for my state of mind. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 1/27/2023 at 9:05 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

King lived. Nichols didnt. “I’m literally laying down.” “You guys are doing a lot.” “Mom. MOM. MOM.”

Yeah. But by the descriptions i guess I was expecting worse than pepper spray, tased, kicked twice, hit by a baton twice, and punched 5 times.

Rodney King got pepper sprayed and hit with like 33 baton strikes and 7 kicks.

The major differences is two of the perps in this case were former (low-level) college football players and were able to inflict more damage.

I’m pretty disgusted with this whole selective outrage at the outrageous. Based on the statistics, these kinds of terrible events of police beatings are getting pretty rare when you look at the number of cops and people in the US. 

So it’s the end of the world when some thug cops kill someone, but when thousands are getting killed all over when it’s gangs, it’s just something we live with. If life is so valuable to these protesters, gang violence would be their primary focus, but it’s no focus at all. 

kat.jpg

On 1/27/2023 at 10:26 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

Yeah. But by the descriptions i guess I was expecting worse than pepper spray, tased, kicked twice, hit by a baton twice, and punched 5 times.

Rodney King got pepper sprayed and hit with like 33 baton strikes and 7 kicks.

The major differences is two of the perps in this case were former (low-level) college football players and were able to inflict more damage.

A person can get hit in their knees, wrists, ankles and torso and survive a lot of brutality. Holding a person still and cold clocking their skull is much deadlier.

On 1/28/2023 at 12:11 AM, Nevada Convert said:

I’m pretty disgusted with this whole selective outrage at the outrageous. Based on the statistics, these kinds of terrible events of police beatings are getting pretty rare when you look at the number of cops and people in the US. 

So it’s the end of the world when some thug cops kill someone, but when thousands are getting killed all over when it’s gangs, it’s just something we live with. If life is so valuable to these protesters, gang violence would be their primary focus, but it’s no focus at all. 

What a stupid +++++ing post.

The vast overwhelming majority of "police beatings" never, ever, ever make the news so how the hell would you know how rare they are getting?  I know of about 30 cases in Boise alone the past 10 years of cops beating the ever living shit out of people they did not need to, one being my cousin after they kicked in his door because his neighbor reported his two 7 inch pot plants in his garden, he complied did not fight but ended up with a fractured bone and contusions, that never made the local rags and they never got disciplined and the victims (those on the receiving end of the beatings) had zero recourse.  

On 1/27/2023 at 11:11 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Imagine being disgusted because folks don't like government abusing them.  And not knowing there are numerous protests and organizations that seek to end gang violence all over the country speaks more to folks like you never giving a shit about it until it is convenient to bring up.

Kinda hard to address it when there is fear and mistrust in the major frameworks and agencies that are supposed to be helping address those issues.  

On 1/28/2023 at 12:15 AM, East Coast Aztec said:

Imagine being disgusted because folks don't like government abusing them.  And not knowing there are numerous protests and organizations that seek to end gang violence all over the country speaks more to folks like you never giving a shit about it until it is convenient to bring up.

Kinda hard to address it when there is fear and mistrust in the major frameworks and agencies that are supposed to be helping address those issues.  

Oh bullshit. No one is doing shit about gang violence. 

kat.jpg

On 1/27/2023 at 11:49 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

What a stupid +++++ing post.

The vast overwhelming majority of "police beatings" never, ever, ever make the news so how the hell would you know how rare they are getting?  I know of about 30 cases in Boise alone the past 10 years of cops beating the ever living shit out of people they did not need to, one being my cousin after they kicked in his door because his neighbor reported his two 7 inch pot plants in his garden, he complied did not fight but ended up with a fractured bone and contusions, that never made the local rags and they never got disciplined and the victims (those on the receiving end of the beatings) had zero recourse.  

Boise cops have body cams, right? That’s a case a lawyer would take on a contingency with video evidence of a beating. Why isn’t Boise getting sued through the roof if so many cases exist? 

kat.jpg

On 1/28/2023 at 1:38 AM, Nevada Convert said:

Oh bullshit. No one is doing shit about gang violence. 

Yes, that's the point.  People in poor neighborhoods have been clamoring for it for decades, and no one, not a dem, not a republican, not left news, not right news, not anyone.  Thanks for agreeing.

On 1/27/2023 at 6:06 PM, GoDogs22 said:

How do you plan to solve it?

I’m no PR or messaging expert- maybe REFORM the police instead of Defund? 

The other big issue is that a very tiny portion of the far left would very much like to defund the police entirely. 

I think thats especially why “defund the police” got so sensationalized in this era of teams and political polarization.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

On 1/28/2023 at 12:30 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

A person can get hit in their knees, wrists, ankles and torso and survive a lot of brutality. Holding a person still and cold clocking their skull is much deadlier.

Much like you Nevada Wolfpack felons cold clock fire extinguishers with regularity. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

On 1/27/2023 at 9:36 PM, WAC_FAN said:

There were multiple police members who watched it happen, several others arrived on the scene and did nothing to help the victim.  The problem is systemic. 

They need to be fired also.   The core of the problem is other cops who don’t intervene to stop crimes committed by the brethren.  

On 1/28/2023 at 2:45 AM, Nevada Convert said:

Boise cops have body cams, right? That’s a case a lawyer would take on a contingency with video evidence of a beating. Why isn’t Boise getting sued through the roof if so many cases exist? 

Because the homeless and or heroin/smack addicts tend to not do much suing.  However several cops of been forced to leave the force.  It just never makes the news.

Reform, training, mental health counseling for officers.  None of it will change a damned thing; it's all putting lipstick on a literal pig.  What will stop this is cops...lots of cops...getting sentenced to real bone me in the ass prison for decades long sentences.  The pig who put 16 shots into an unarmed teenagers' back in Chicago (stopped halfway through while the kid was dying on the ground, changed clips and then continued to pump bullets into him) is free after barely three years in prison.  Until these guys start going away for the rest of their lives, nothing will change.  

On 1/28/2023 at 5:48 AM, madmartigan said:

Much like you Nevada Wolfpack felons cold clock fire extinguishers with regularity. 

You wanted war, what with your cow milking and penchant for screwing our best teams at the worst possible time. Well, you got war.