Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alum93

5 officers charged with murder

On 1/27/2023 at 4:29 PM, RSF said:

The cops were fired.

They're being charged with murder.

The video is being released pretty quickly.

So explain to me why people are protesting?

BCC0108C-7AC9-4856-B508-E96D6F01EBB0.jpeg.df497c94375f7f477cc1ff10bda621bf.jpeg

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 1/27/2023 at 4:29 PM, RSF said:

The cops were fired.

The family isn't from what I am reading, they are doing a vigil.  The others?  Maybe this isn't unique in Memphis and are tired of it, but I am not sure.  

On 1/27/2023 at 5:29 PM, RSF said:

The cops were fired.

Maybe they remember cops being charged before and walking free.

People, not a fan.

On 1/27/2023 at 1:42 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yeah.

There are LEO's who are good people, protect and serve and go above and beyond, cops who would risk their life for a stranger without a thought.  For sure.  Even if there are not enough of them.  However, and this is just my opinion, it is impossible to be a "good cop" due to how broken the system is in this country.  Until there this broad reform in both applied practice and culture there can not be a good cop.  They are just cops who are good people.  I hope that makes sense.

The old "bad systems overcome good people" thought.  There is something to it

On 1/27/2023 at 6:14 PM, SAMO said:

I just watched the video(s) a little bit ago…I hope those pigs never see the light of day again…

that was +++++ing awful and disturbing 

Those dumbasses beat that poor guy to death because they were mad they pepper sprayed themselves.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 1/27/2023 at 6:37 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Those dumbasses beat that poor guy to death because they were mad they pepper sprayed themselves.

You’re not wrong there I think 

awful 

On 1/27/2023 at 9:14 PM, SAMO said:

I just watched the video(s) a little bit ago…I hope those pigs never see the light of day again…

that was +++++ing awful and disturbing 

On 1/27/2023 at 9:37 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Couldn't bring myself to watch it but read a simple text description of it.  Beyond ugly.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Part of the problem in hiring good people is the job sucks. The people you deal with everyday are the dregs of society or someone immediately in a bad mood because you stopped them. Thus, most educated people want no part of it. It takes a really disciplined person that can keep their cool in difficult situations.

How many people do you know like that? I know I couldn’t do it. How would you react if some derelict spit in your face? Most would beat the shit out of whomever did that. Yet we expect cops to turn the other cheek. 

Regarding the Memphis situation if it’s as bad as it sounds those cops need to go to jail. 

The entire video was them excusing themselves for getting mad and killing him. Holding his arms down, then screaming at him to show his hands is just creating a reason to beat him, and they only made it worse when they were dumb enough to pepper spray themselves. I hope that they never see freedom again

A group of 40 protested tonight.

In front of Dallas PD HQ.

Wha....?

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 1/27/2023 at 6:50 PM, happycamper said:

Couldn't bring myself to watch it but read a simple text description of it.  Beyond ugly.

On 1/27/2023 at 6:58 PM, tspoke said:

I'm with happy. I don't think I'll be able to bring myself to watch it. I think it's important that we document and see it so we remember but I don't think I can personally do it. 

no reason to

On 1/27/2023 at 7:35 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

It looks as bad as it sounds.

I disagree and thought Rodney King video was worse. I think 2 of these cops should get convicted of homicide but 3 others appear to have been young participants afraid to question their superiors much like the George Floyd situation. And they were just poorly trained and bad at getting the guy handcuffed.

On 1/27/2023 at 9:19 PM, soupslam1 said:

Part of the problem in hiring good people is the job sucks. The people you deal with everyday are the dregs of society or someone immediately in a bad mood because you stopped them. Thus, most educated people want no part of it. It takes a really disciplined person that can keep their cool in difficult situations.

How many people do you know like that? I know I couldn’t do it. How would you react if some derelict spit in your face? Most would beat the shit out of whomever did that. Yet we expect cops to turn the other cheek. 

Regarding the Memphis situation if it’s as bad as it sounds those cops need to go to jail. 

I will say I'm impressed that MPD has already fired all 5 officers and the DA has allready charged them with all with 2nd degree murder, and assault...they ain't playin'

mem skyline sig.jpeg