Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Just 4 of 168 RNC Members Endorse Trump Per NY Times

I believe they interviewed 99 of the 168 people that make up the RNC, and got just 4. They openly asked for Trump endorsements from 168 and got no more response that the 4 in interviews…..something like that. Whatever, but the point is the RNC wants to move on for sure. 

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/image-of-a-loser-trump-2024-gets-endorsements-from-just-four-of-168-rnc-members-contacted-by-nyt/amp/

kat.jpg

The same group of Moderates opposed him in 2016.

The Voters decide, not the Party Leadership 

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

So more than 100 refused to respond.  IOW...keeping their mouths shut on the record until the primaries.  Not surprising.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 1/26/2023 at 12:30 PM, RSF said:

So more than 100 refused to respond.  IOW...keeping their mouths shut on the record until the primaries.  Not surprising.

“In interviews, some R.N.C. members estimated that between 120 and 140 of them preferred someone besides Mr. Trump to be their party’s presidential nominee.”

kat.jpg

On 1/26/2023 at 3:05 PM, Nevada Convert said:

“In interviews, some R.N.C. members estimated that between 120 and 140 of them preferred someone besides Mr. Trump to be their party’s presidential nominee.”

So they don't know.  And they key word is 'preferred'.  So most of them aren't willing to stick their neck out at this point.  Which is politically prudent.  It wouldn't be going out on a limb to say a lot of them preferred someone else in '16 as well.  Yet here we are.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Should be interesting who are the frontrunners to the suits in DC, and who are the frontrunners to the voters.  I think it is clear that Trump and DeSantis are the voters republican two, and Biden will likely be there as incumbent, but who else for the dems?  No one is looking like they want it on that side.  And the suits are probably going to just prop up Biden.

On 1/26/2023 at 12:39 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

Trump still mopping up at the polls.

2E64E22F-4217-4B96-AE73-E4866C2CA4F8.jpeg

This is very normal before campaigning and primaries begin. Desantis gets publicity worth millions because he holds a gov. position in FL. If Nikki Haley was at the UN or still gov of SC, she’d be getting much more votes because of publicity, but not as a private citizen. 

This is going to end up being another Inconvert Word prediction moment. Best case Haley wins, worst case, she’s VP. But I think she wins it all. 

kat.jpg

On 1/26/2023 at 1:11 PM, RSF said:

So they don't know.  And they key word is 'preferred'.  So most of them aren't will to stick their neck out at this point.  Which is politically prudent.

Preferred means they want someone besides Trump as their first choice, but would support Trump as a 2nd. 

kat.jpg

On 1/26/2023 at 3:15 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Preferred means they want someone besides Trump as their first choice, but would support Trump as a 2nd. 

So...like I said...

On 1/26/2023 at 3:18 PM, alum93 said:

They will line up and kiss the ring at the appropriate time.  See Graham and McCarthy the night of Jan 6th and then a couple weeks later.  It's politics.  Will be a fun show to watch up to the nomination though.  

I'm looking forward to the 1st debate with Trump and Pence.  That'll be a hoot.

On 1/26/2023 at 7:50 PM, AztecAlien said:

What's a will to stick? Is that English? 

Sorry, couldn't help myself. 

Felt sorry for you, so I'm gifting you a victory.  Just so you know how it feels.