Spaztecs

People you Admire, but probably shouldn't.

For me it has always been a few Confederate Leaders who despite being pro Slavery, were excellent Leaders.

However, this guy was quite the Populist. I was watching a documentary on the Whiskey Rebellion, and a Georgia Congressman and pro Slaver, John Jackson, was opposed to the Whiskey Tax on the grounds that, "Everyone has a right to get drunk.". And, instead, proposed a Tax on Lawyers.

Even Racists have their good points.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It would seem he was an inspiration for the Donald as well.

Defeated for re-election in 1791 by his former Revolutionary commander, Anthony Wayne (for whom Wayne County is named), in a campaign rife with charges of irregularities on the part of Wayne's supporters, Jackson contested the outcome. He was convinced that Wayne had not won his seat fairly so he mounted a campaign against Wayne and his supporters, and finally succeeded in removing Wayne from Congress. Making effective use of grand jury presentments and newspapers, Jackson secured a seat in the legislature and subsequently oversaw the ouster of Wayne's campaign manager from his state judgeship. Jackson then took his struggle for vindication to Congress, where he convinced the House that Wayne had not won fairly. He failed to regain his seat after the tie-breaking vote of the Federalist Speaker.[20]

On 1/24/2023 at 10:52 AM, Spaztecs said:

For me it has always been a few Confederate Leaders who despite being pro Slavery, were excellent Leaders.

However, this guy was quite the Populist. I was watching a documentary on the Whiskey Rebellion, and a Georgia Congressman and pro Slaver, John Jackson, was opposed to the Whiskey Tax on the grounds that, "Everyone has a right to get drunk.". And, instead, proposed a Tax on Lawyers.

Jackson’s quote is funny. But I hope the Whiskey doc pointed out whiskey was a form of currency in the hinterlands. Corn would rot unless turned into whiskey which would maintain its value longer. They were taxing the poor.

• Like 1

Goddard, Kansas, Councilman and former Mayor, stages a Putsch to get his old job back.

23 year old, Hunter Larkin, who had stepped down from his Mayoral job due to a DUI, has his replacement and the City Manager ousted over similiar issues, and gets himself reinstated as Mayor.

Who says Gen X won't amount to anything ?

• Cheers 1

On 1/24/2023 at 10:52 AM, Spaztecs said:

No worries, I don’t admire you. 
image.png.277dbd8078e7b60a4bd32fedb97ed35b.png