Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Wyoming at UNLV - Battle for the Basement !!

Wyoming Logo      University of Nevada Las Vegas

DATE: Tuesday, January 24
TIME: 8 p.m.
SITE: Tarkanian Court, Thomas & Mack Center (18,000), Las Vegas
TV: CBS Sports Network (Jordan Kent, Avery Johnson)
RADIO: ESPN Radio 1100 AM (Jon Sandler, Curtis Terry, sidelines: Steve Cofield) 
AUDIO: UNLV Rebels App & UNLVRebels.com
STATS: Live Stats at UNLV Rebels App & UNLVRebels.com GoWyo.com

UNLV leads the all-time series 42-20

UNLV is 29-4 all-time vs. Wyoming at home, which included 19 straight wins at the Thomas & Mack Center before last season’s meeting in the MW Tournament

Prior to last season’s MW Tournament meeting, UNLV hadn’t lost at home to Wyoming since 2003

Wyoming is 0-3 this season in true road games

Longest UW Win Streak: 4, 2002-03

Longest UNLV Win Streak: 7, 2004-06

Largest UW Margin of Victory: 33, 120-87 in 1967

Largest UNLV Margin of Victory: 33, 80-47 in 1997

Last Meeting: March 10, 2022, Wyoming won 59-56 in the quarterfinals of the Mountain West Conference Tournament in Las Vegas

UNLV is 392-209 (.652) all-time against teams that currently make up the Mountain West

UNLV has posted an all-time record of 527-146 (.783) in the T &M arena since it opened in 1983

Since the program’s inception in 1958-59, the Runnin’ Rebels have posted an all-time record of 1,347-618 (.686)

The Pokes are shooting 45.4 percent from the field this season with opponents shooting 45.8 percent

Wyoming has done a good job taking care of the basketball this season with 11.4 turnovers per game ,which ranks fourth in the MW and No. 74 in the nation

The Runnin’ Rebels average 75.9 points per game on 44.4 percent field-goal percentage, which includes 34.3 percent from beyond the three-point arc

The Pokes used their 14th starting lineup of the season on Saturday against Colorado State. The 14 starting lineups has now made the Pokes the national leader passing Coppin State, which has 13 starting lineups this season

AMONG THE NATION’S LEADERS... UNLV ranks No.1 in the nation in turnover margin at 7.3 and No. 2 in forced turnovers per game at 19.7. The Runnin’ Rebels are also No. 5 in steals at 10.1 per game and 27th in fastbreak points (14.3)

Since the 3-point field goal was adopted by the NCAA in 1986-87, UNLV has converted at least one 3-pointer in all 1,180 games played

image.png

image.png

image.png

Image     Image     Image

On 1/23/2023 at 3:42 PM, 4UNLV said:

Alright, cowboys, don't be screwing this up for us, we've never been in last place in any conference we have ever been in (I don't think).. this is our chance!!  :banana:

UNLV finished tied for last with Air Force in 2017

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/conferences/mwc/2017.html

Lol at the UNLV hires Barry Odom thread which wasn't started until December 2 but nevertheless has 626 posts and counting. Isn't there a Rebel Net or some such thing anymore on which you guys can complain?

Or maybe your president has an office on campus you guys can picket in front of? Hell, what about the Fertitta family? Maybe you can locate their home and picket there too since they seem to perpetually support crummy coaches?

On 1/24/2023 at 10:50 AM, 818SUDSFan said:

Lol at the UNLV hires Barry Odom thread which wasn't started until December 2 but nevertheless has 626 posts and counting. Isn't there a Rebel Net or some such thing anymore on which you guys can complain?

Or maybe your president has an office on campus you guys can picket in front of? Hell, what about the Fertitta family? Maybe you can locate their home and picket there too since they seem to perpetually support crummy coaches?

The prez and AD are new and didn't hire Kruger.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

On 1/24/2023 at 10:50 AM, VincentVegaBond said:

I'm taking this one off. If the start time was 7pm and/or UNLV was putting a decent product out there, I'd be there. Sadly, I don't think I'll be the only one, attendance will likely be in the 3k range 😞

Yeah, don't think tonight will be much beyond 4,000 tops.........the UNR game might make it past 5,000 with UNR fans being 40% of the crowd............but it's going to be an empty T&M for the remainder of the season if UNLV can get some wins 

On 1/23/2023 at 6:42 PM, 4UNLV said:

Alright, cowboys, don't be screwing this up for us, we've never been in last place in any conference we have ever been in (I don't think).. this is our chance!!  :banana:

So you're saying UNLV is a basketball football women's basketball school now? :)

On 1/24/2023 at 11:45 AM, OrediggerPoke said:

Bet the farm on UNLV winning and covering the 5.5 points.   Wyoming has played terrible on the road all year, always struggles in Vegas, UNLV is better than their conference record, Wyoming is coming off its biggest win of the year.  

UNLV by 14 in a non-competitive game.  

My thinking is that UNLV is becoming desperate & this could be the game where they come out and play well & win by a decent margin -- But then ?!?!?!

I think UNLV wins tonight 

Unlv Rebels GIF by UNLV

On 1/24/2023 at 8:50 AM, 818SUDSFan said:

Yes to all of the above.  But what fun would that be?

On 1/24/2023 at 10:50 AM, 818SUDSFan said:

I have no idea why you even care? You don’t have to drop in.