Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gonzagafan2021

Will Time Travel ever be possible?

On 1/22/2023 at 7:20 PM, Gonzagafan2021 said:

With so many technological and scientific advancements within the past few years it would be cool for us to have the ability to travel back in time.  If I could go back in time and change something I would make sure that China doesn't turn communist and the KMT win the civil war.

Sept 19, 2489.

Er...just guessing...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

The only way it may be possible at some point is backward through time to when the time machine was activated. And I'd say that is unlikely. But chances of moving backward or forward through time Willey nilly I think is impossible. Why? Stephen hawking held a party for time travelers and its well known about..... And nobody came. 

The type of time travel I'm talking about is in the movie "Primer". If you want your brain to hurt I'd suggest it. The first time I watched it I came across it in TV while I was doing something else so the endung/climax hit and I thought "wow I must have missed a lot I need to watch this again" watched it again paying close attention, the end hit and I was just as confused. But it's good. 

On 1/22/2023 at 6:12 PM, tspoke said:

The type of time travel I'm talking about is in the movie "Primer". If you want your brain to hurt I'd suggest it. The first time I watched it I came across it in TV while I was doing something else so the endung/climax hit and I thought "wow I must have missed a lot I need to watch this again" watched it again paying close attention, the end hit and I was just as confused. But it's good. 

Yeah I love that movie but it is impossible to figure out. Shot the whole thing on like $8k budget.

There’s a book called “Recursion” with a sort of similar plot device but based more along the lines of memory. I thought it was pretty good.

On 1/22/2023 at 7:29 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

Yeah I love that movie but it is impossible to figure out. Shot the whole thing on like $8k budget.

There’s a book called “Recursion” with a sort of similar plot device but based more along the lines of memory. I thought it was pretty good.

Interesting. I will try to remember that and check it out. 

On 1/22/2023 at 5:20 PM, Gonzagafan2021 said:

With so many technological and scientific advancements within the past few years it would be cool for us to have the ability to travel back in time.  If I could go back in time and change something I would make sure that China doesn't turn communist and the KMT win the civil war.

Nah.  But we will stop aging so sort of

I mean we already have lots of them lol.  I mean we are time travel machines ourselves.  Go run outside.  Congrats, you are a little bit in the future compared to if you sat on the couch.

Just all our time travel machines are really slow compared to our perception lol

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 1/22/2023 at 6:12 PM, tspoke said:

The only way it may be possible at some point is backward through time to when the time machine was activated. And I'd say that is unlikely. But chances of moving backward or forward through time Willey nilly I think is impossible. Why? Stephen hawking held a party for time travelers and its well known about..... And nobody came. 

If Stephen Hawking held a party and no one came, that would be because the chicks were ugly.

kat.jpg

Anyway, to make it even somewhat feasible, the inventor would have to account for not only their location on Earth and screwing with the time stream (which is a whole different can of worms), but also Earth's location in 4D space. Mathematics was never my strong suite, but in time, it may be possible to calculate that, and then work on the time machine itself.

On 1/22/2023 at 8:20 PM, Gonzagafan2021 said:

I figured you'd go back and prevent Netflix from existing, this ending the streaming wars before they started. By a few years anyway.