bsu_alum9

Boise State 2024 Recruiting

Boise class is super intriguing. Best MWC recruit ever, then some really good looking prospects, then some FCS looking dudes (no offense, SDSU has em too). 247 just hasn’t rated a lot of west coast guys so your ranking looks worse than it is. I have no doubt Boise has a better than #99 class right now.

On 8/7/2023 at 6:39 PM, badfish said:

Boise class is super intriguing. Best MWC recruit ever, then some really good looking prospects, then some FCS looking dudes (no offense, SDSU has em too). 247 just hasn’t rated a lot of west coast guys so your ranking looks worse than it is. I have no doubt Boise has a better than #99 class right now.

Yeah it is bizarre.  Really need a few higher ranked guys to commit.  

On 7/27/2023 at 5:55 PM, kingpotato said:

Another FCS level commit. Hopefully this staff is just really good at eyeballing talent, because this is shaping up to be one of the worst classes in quite a long time.

https://247sports.com/player/trevor-mckenna-46142309/

So FCS or nah?

On 8/18/2023 at 7:50 PM, kingpotato said:

Is this good? I can't tell.

On 8/18/2023 at 11:33 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

So FCS or nah?

Cool. Korey Hall, Kellen, Clady, LVE, Doug Martin... the list goes on and on. I guess, you can dissect my concern with examples. I guess, I can assume you have zero concerns? I'm just talking out loud. If you don't see any difference with the current class and the last 10 classes, or so, we don't need to rib each other. 

So help me understand; do you you see no difference? We both believe in the coaches. Do you feel like this is bad/mediocre/good/great/fantastic class, and why?

On 8/19/2023 at 12:57 AM, kingpotato said:

So help me understand; do you you see no difference? We both believe in the coaches. Do you feel like this is bad/mediocre/good/great/fantastic class, and why?

I was just trying to make a joke, lol.

It’s still early, but it’s currently mediocre. Saving some scholarships for impact transfers might make more sense than these developmental projects. I also think the ratings on 247 have become a crapshoot.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2023 at 8:04 AM, bsu_alum9 said:

I was just trying to make a joke, lol.

It’s still early, but it’s currently mediocre. Saving some scholarships for impact transfers might make more sense than these developmental projects. I also think the ratings on 247 have become a crapshoot.

Ah.

I don't expect big impact transfers. Many MW schools bring in transfers to start at impact positions like QB, RB, and WR. Boise has really added depth and role players with their transfers. That's mostly a credit to their HS recruiting.

I'm with you on the stars, but I am interested in who else was recruiting them. I have mentioned many times it's early, but it's been close to 20 years since I've seen so many recruits with mainly FCS offers.

jokes-joke.gif

On 8/19/2023 at 10:41 AM, kingpotato said:

Ah.

I don't expect big impact transfers. Many MW schools bring in transfers to start at impact positions like QB, RB, and WR. Boise has really added depth and role players with their transfers. That's mostly a credit to their HS recruiting.

I'm with you on the stars, but I am interested in who else was recruiting them. I have mentioned many times it's early, but it's been close to 20 years since I've seen so many recruits with mainly FCS offers.

jokes-joke.gif

Another thing worth mentioning with Boise State's class is only 2 of their 14 commits have composite rankings, which is what the current composite ranking is based on. As of today, they have the 101st ranked composite class, but that is only based off of 2 players (Bair and Tolamire) and not the other players. 

Looking at 247 rankings of all 14 players and their class is ranked 65th, which is more in their normal range. 

While this doesn't account for the fact of recruiting some players with more FCS offers, it does explain the biggest reason why they are ranked where they are. For comparison, UNLV, Colorado State, SDSU, Fresno State, Hawii, and SJSU all have 3+ players in their class with a composite ranking. 

On 8/7/2023 at 11:03 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

Kid is a decent hurdler at 5’-10 (HS time in 110h woulda made MWC T&F finals). Looks like SWR type of quickness playing HS QB. 

He apparently ran a 13.9 pr in the 110 as a junior. That is way above "decent." Not quite in the same realm as Bair in the 100 and 200, but still very impressive for a HS junior (Idaho HS record is 14.08 and was set almost 40 years ago).

• Like 2

On 9/10/2023 at 1:29 PM, kingpotato said:

Based on the first two games, Boise really needs more speed in the defensive backfield.

We’re going to get torched by any team that has a quarterback with a big arm. If this isn’t a major area of emphasis with the next class, I’m giving up on this staff. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg