bsu_alum9

Boise State 2024 Recruiting

wonder if that visit was a bit awkward for all parties.  

You look at Harsin the young QB and compare him to CJ Tiller or Maddog and he's a practice squad guy at this stage and we do need that.  He's still got another year to develop and he'll be one the best QB's in state next season so not a bad idea to kick the tires.

Any chance we land this kid who runs a 10.4 hundred?  Might get that down to a 10.2, 10.3 this year. The Burley, ID kid also caught 18 TDs last year and is a four-star guy. He’s got offers from every conference and probably a Big 10 guy. But would be nice to keep these kinds in state.

On 1/22/2023 at 7:35 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

Any chance we land this kid who runs a 10.4 hundred?  Might get that down to a 10.2, 10.3 this year. The Burley, ID kid also caught 18 TDs last year and is a four-star guy. He’s got offers from every conference and probably a Big 10 guy. But would be nice to keep these kinds in state.

It seems like we never get the high ranked Idaho kids. So I doubt it.

On 2/2/2023 at 11:02 AM, kingpotato said:

It seems like we never get the high ranked Idaho kids. So I doubt it.

247 has the kid from Gooding (Gatlin Bair) at #40 Nationally and #9 WR. Has offers from every conference and his HS coach says Boise still in the mix. In his first track meet of the 2023 season, the junior ran the fastest 200m in idaho high school history (20.9). He also ran a 10.44 in the 100m. Will he shatter Dallas Burroughs 10.34 state record later this spring?

On 3/21/2023 at 10:21 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

247 has the kid from Gooding (Gatlin Bair) at #40 Nationally and #9 WR. Has offers from every conference and his HS coach says Boise still in the mix. In his first track meet of the 2023 season, the junior ran the fastest 200m in idaho high school history (20.9). He also ran a 10.44 in the 100m. Will he shatter Dallas Burroughs 10.34 state record later this spring?

I don't want to get my hopes up. He just did an interview and said he's really high on Boise State. It would be a huge get, but like I said, Boise seems to just miss on these local kids. 

On 3/21/2023 at 9:21 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

Holy shit. Kid just ran a 10.18.

On 3/31/2023 at 4:37 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

Holy shit. Kid just ran a 10.18.

I would love to get this kid, but Boise seems to always whiff on the high profile local kids. This one, in particular, will have his choice of any program in the country.

On 3/31/2023 at 3:42 PM, kingpotato said:

I would love to get this kid, but Boise seems to always whiff on the high profile local kids. This one, in particular, will have his choice of any program in the country.

There are fewer than 200 people in the world who’ve ran that fast in the last year, and he’s still a HS junior.

He’s gone.

I really don't want to get my hopes up for Gatlin Bair, but his interest in Boise keeps coming up. He could potentially be the most popular athlete to ever play at Boise State. I have a feeling he ends up at Georgia or Michigan, but I want to be wrong so bad.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Gatlin-Bair-recruitment-247Sports-top-contenders-LDS-mission-207935771/#207935771_3

"Sleep on the Broncos at your own peril. Boise State is very much in it for Bair, even with all of his Power 5 offers. The Broncos have something no other school on this list have and that's the in-state proximity. Bair would be the highest-profile recruit in the history of the school. He would be an absolute feather in the cap of head coach Andy Avalos, who has taken on Bair’s recruitment himself, with an assist from receivers coach Matt Miller, offensive coordinator Bush Hamdan and director of player personnel Deontrae Cooper.

The big schools have lost recruitments to Boise State before. The Broncos have long punched above their weight class and they're not going to sit idly by as national powers prioritize Bair. They're prioritizing him as well, have had him on campus numerous times and offer far more positives that make them more than a dark horse for him.

I can't say it enough — Boise State is a legitimate contender for Bair."

• Like 2

On 4/16/2023 at 5:49 PM, kingpotato said:

Boom! Fairly surprised Georgia didn't make his top 5. 

I’m surprised BYU is nowhere on the radar. Bair is planning on a mission and will be part of class of ‘26. Shadiness is going to take SEC off the table it appears.

Bair would have freakish speed in Texas or Florida for a high school kid. The fact that he is only a junior and from Idaho is absolutely bizarro. I'm curious where he can go as a track athlete as much as a football player.

If he keeps improving, he has a legit chance to compete at the Olympic Trials next summer in the 100 and 200.