Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ClevelandBrown

Comfortably Dumb Pink Floyd fans complain of the band going "woke" in celebration of Dark Side of the Moon 50th anniversary

On 1/21/2023 at 6:25 PM, Slapdad said:

I don't see any evidence that any of the people who made dumb comments were Christians. That's as much of a rush to judgment as the people calling out Pink Floyd. 

Or, it's the inference that they consider any instance of a rainbow appearing being "woke" and intrinsically tied to LGBT people.

Still trying to figure out how we went from several species of small furry animals grooving in a cave with a pict to the dark side of the moon....

But it was definitely an improvement. Sid would probably disagree though although at that time I am not sure he even knew what he ate for dinner.

On 1/22/2023 at 11:55 AM, FresnoFacts said:

Some of those people probably see it as proof that the elites have had a 50 year or longer master plan of wokeness. Obviously the subliminal symbols were hidden decades ago.

I can't wait until they revive the urban legend of playing the album in sync with the movie "The Wizard of Oz". Of course "Friends of Dorothy" is an old codephrase on cruise ships and elsewhere.

Then wait until that outraged crowd digs into the lyrics on the album. "Money", "Us and Them", etc. Obviously out to brainwash listeners to be anti-American.

When they try to play it backwards for the secret messages.....watch out.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wait until they get wasted and listen to Animals.

It will blow their minds.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 1/22/2023 at 7:03 AM, Old_SD_Dude said:

Apparently. 

Apparently you think so. I’m afraid to tell you that you might not even be at the median level on the board when it comes to knowledge regarding something like physics, applied physics/engineering, etc.

When someone refers to a rainbow-anything regarding the LGBT branding, the obvious implication (except for you) is it’s referencing rainbow colors, not a real rainbow you tectonic moron. 

kat.jpg

On 1/22/2023 at 5:51 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Apparently you think so. I’m afraid to tell you that you might not even be at the median level on the board when it comes to knowledge regarding something like physics, applied physics/engineering, etc.

When someone refers to a rainbow-anything regarding the LGBT branding, the obvious implication (except for you) is it’s referencing rainbow colors, not a real rainbow you tectonic moron. 

I don’t pretend to have expertise in physics or engineering. But I sure as heck know Pink Floyd didn’t put a rainbow on their album cover. I also don’t have any sympathy for idiots who think there is any currently relevant messaging in an album cover from more than a half century ago. As always you use this as an opportunity to point out how the supposed prevalence of radical LBTGQ activism has made these idiot’s position understandable. But homophobic, self-loathing contard gonna contard. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

It's obvious that teaching children about dispersion of light and the laws of physics is a ploy by the left trying to make them gay. Likely will be outlawed soon in Florida.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

On 1/22/2023 at 7:11 PM, Old_SD_Dude said:

I don’t pretend to have expertise in physics or engineering. But I sure as heck know Pink Floyd didn’t put a rainbow on their album cover. I also don’t have any sympathy for idiots who think there is any currently relevant messaging in an album cover from more than a half century ago. As always you use this as an opportunity to point out how the supposed prevalence of radical LBTGQ activism has made these idiot’s position understandable. But homophobic, self-loathing contard gonna contard. 

As usual, you lie because that’s what an Old_STD_Douche does in an attempt to make a relevant point. 

As I’ve said before, because the LGBT movement has chosen to accept extremism under their umbrella with its sights on permanently damaging children physically with surgery/hormone blockers, they’ve really created themselves a huge ethical and credibility problem.

Nevermind that the vast majority of doctors don’t support it, but even some of the docs and trans activists that once supported it have decided it’s gone way too far and must stop. Some countries in Europe are rolling it back. 80% of Americans don’t support it, and if the 20% were informed enough, it would be much less than that.

So you can’t use all the negative comments toward the LGBT brand and assume that they’re all gay slurs. A lot of people are upset about the child trans movement, and that no one’s fault but the LGBT movement’s. 

kat.jpg

On 1/22/2023 at 7:43 PM, Nevada Convert said:

As usual, you lie because that’s what an Old_STD_Douche does in an attempt to make a relevant point. 

As I’ve said before, because the LGBT movement has chosen to accept extremism under their umbrella with its sights on permanently damaging children physically with surgery/hormone blockers, they’ve really created themselves a huge ethical and credibility problem.

Nevermind that the vast majority of doctors don’t support it, but even some of the docs and trans activists that once supported it have decided it’s gone way too far and must stop. Some countries in Europe are rolling it back. 80% of Americans don’t support it, and if the 20% were informed enough, it would be much less than that.

So you can’t use all the negative comments toward the LGBT brand and assume that they’re all gay slurs. A lot of people are upset about the child trans movement, and that no one’s fault but the LGBT movement’s. 

I haven’t lied about anything. You’ve hijacked a thread about morons getting triggered by a 50+ year-old album cover to go a rant about transexuals. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

On 1/22/2023 at 8:31 PM, Old_SD_Dude said:

I haven’t lied about anything. You’ve hijacked a thread about morons getting triggered by a 50+ year-old album cover to go a rant about transexuals. 

LOL, you’re a certified liar. Now you’re lying that I hijacked a thread as if I’m not on topic. These idiots were triggered because they identified the rainbow colors as representing the LGBT movement. We all agree that’s stupid.

You and some others think these idiots don’t like the LGBT movement because they don’t like gays. That’s possible, but I’m saying there’s also a lot of people pissed at them because of the extremely controversial child trans shit they’re pimping. Pretty simple, skippy. 

kat.jpg

And the other 99.999% of Floyd fans be like..........

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 1/22/2023 at 10:53 PM, Nevada Convert said:

LOL, you’re a certified liar. Now you’re lying that I hijacked a thread as if I’m not on topic. These idiots were triggered because they identified the rainbow colors as representing the LGBT movement. We all agree that’s stupid.

You and some others think these idiots don’t like the LGBT movement because they don’t like gays. That’s possible, but I’m saying there’s also a lot of people pissed at them because of the extremely controversial child trans shit they’re pimping. Pretty simple, skippy. 

Why do LGBTQ and Rainbows bother you so much ?

Rainbow Unicorn GIF by Trolli

Americans Mayor

On 1/22/2023 at 1:46 PM, 4XGrad said:

Still trying to figure out how we went from several species of small furry animals grooving in a cave with a pict to the dark side of the moon....

But it was definitely an improvement. Sid would probably disagree though although at that time I am not sure he even knew what he ate for dinner.

Ummagumma was released in November 1969 and other than Money, most of the tracks which composed DSOM evolved over 2+ years of touring before recording of the latter album began. In the interim, the band issued a few other albums including Meddle which came out in fall 1971. Echoes from that album was a side-long version of the same type of music which appeared on DOTM.

Btw, it was spelled Syd.

Haved to wonder what genetic / cultural things make right wingers / conservatives / republicans to be gullible & less intelligent than most of the general population ??

Confused Good Question GIF by Choice Hotels   

Is it genetic or is it their upbringing / closed culture / home life that limits their exposure and causes them to become gullible & just plan stupid in many cases.......since 1982 they've had RW radio & then came Fox News in 1993 ..........so now we've had the 60+ aged population spend half their lives being indoctrinated by a steady stream of RW propaganda and a full generation of 35 & under who've been under the RW indoctrination since birth.

I'm leaning to it being a cultural phenomenon where dumbassery is handed down from the previous generation via the multitude of media / radio outlets that have captured the minds of the gullible older generation that's then fed to the younger generation ............ the change has been too swift in the 35 years to be genetically driven, it has to be once they get indoctrinated in the dumbass, they just drown in the dumbass and their minds have become so fixated on one line of spoon fed propaganda that they lose most all semblance of reality & basic common sense to the point this month this idiocy is sweeping their world

Those are exceptionally sad events.

I see nothing claiming they are caused by the Moderna vaccines.

I also have no doubt an exceptionally small portion of the population will have a negative reaction to the vaccine.

Americans Mayor

On 1/24/2023 at 6:26 PM, Spaztecs said:

I also have no doubt an exceptionally small portion of the population will have a negative reaction to the vaccine.

Sad events?  Those are not real.  The second video was a guy dancing.  The other two look completely made up or withdrawl from substance abuse.

On 1/24/2023 at 6:26 PM, Spaztecs said:

Pink Floyd outrage is over - here's tonight's new outrage 

The A&W BEAR !!!!

On 1/21/2023 at 3:21 PM, ClevelandBrown said:

Might want to ask Hawaii fans....

Pink Floyd isn’t music.

Following a performance at a Catholic youth club, the owner refused to pay them, claiming that their performance was not music.[32]When their management filed suit in a small claims court against the owner of the youth organisation, a local magistrate upheld the owner's decision. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_Floyd

110926run_defense710.jpg

On 1/24/2023 at 8:56 AM, Spaztecs said:

Why do LGBTQ and Rainbows bother you so much ?

Rainbow Unicorn GIF by Trolli

WTF did I say about not liking rainbow colors? I’ve done nothing but criticize the LGBT brand because they’ve chosen to accept extremism. Really simple concept, even for a porta-potty cleaning technician like you. 

kat.jpg