Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wyovanian

Border War Part I

Wyoming started the year going down early in most games and then making a comeback in the 2nd half before running out of steam. They've been able to hold their own a bit better to start games recently, but still unable to finish. 

No better time than the border War to finally overcome their struggles.

And if not, BOOT.

Pretty much what I figured. Jump out, then shit themselves to death. 15-0 run for CSU, WYO scoreless for last 7+ minutes. 

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

Feels like a moral victory. Doesn’t matter in the long run and we very nearly borked it. 

:waiting:

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

Win your first game of the season against a mid lower level conference opponent and what do you do? Storm the court. Sorry but that is some funny sh*t. Oh well I guess it was the border war and what else is there to do in Laramie. 

On 1/21/2023 at 5:05 PM, Jalex4141 said:

Win your first game of the season against a mid lower level conference opponent and what do you do? Storm the court. Sorry but that is some funny sh*t. Oh well I guess it was the border war and what else is there to do in Laramie. 

It’s CSU.   Doesn’t matter if we are undefeated or winless, the students will celebrate the known fact that it sucks to be a csu Ram.  

On 1/21/2023 at 5:05 PM, Jalex4141 said:

Geez. Let them have some fun.

They were also amped up on red bull.  They were handing it out by the case. Never saw that before.

P.S.  Stevens is a hell of a player.

On 1/21/2023 at 6:03 PM, gold-n-brown said:

Geez. Let them have some fun.

They were also amped up on red bull.  They were handing it out by the case. Never saw that before.

P.S.  Stevens is a hell of a player.

Was texting back and forth during the game about Stevens being on triple double watch. A buddy of mine replied that he better give up that idea and not pass the ball to anyone else the rest of the game if they want to win. We laughed. I mentioned that to our coach after the game and he laughed and said my buddy was probably right.

On 1/21/2023 at 4:04 PM, sdsuphilip4 said:

Lame call

Tough way to lose a game but bottom line is that CSU was -8 in turnovers and missed 8 or 10 layups. Rams are just not very good. Neither is Wyoming.

On 1/21/2023 at 5:20 PM, OrediggerPoke said:

It’s CSU.   Doesn’t matter if we are undefeated or winless, the students will celebrate the known fact that it sucks to be a csu Ram.  

You are talking to a Boise fan. They don’t understand what it’s like to be part of a rivalry. 

go pokes

On 1/21/2023 at 6:46 PM, Swoll Cracker said:

Was texting back and forth during the game about Stevens being on triple double watch. A buddy of mine replied that he better give up that idea and not pass the ball to anyone else the rest of the game if they want to win. We laughed. I mentioned that to our coach after the game and he laughed and said my buddy was probably right.

How bad is csu going to suck next year? Maybe as bad as or worse than UW this year. Lol. Seriously has got to be exhausting, and just being honest, not very fun to be a sheep fan.