Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fbpack

BSU "Alpha Male" Leon Rice after UNM baseball players scare Bronco players - "It was them or me" screams Rice as he defended his team

On 1/21/2023 at 8:07 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

I haven't attended the last two MW tournaments but am going to try to make it this year.

For those who are unaware, when the Lobos are even halfway decent, their fans travel in BIG numbers. Prediction: Boise will curb stomp UNM on February 22. If the schools then play again at the T&M, I for one want to be there because that place is gonna be a f***in' madhouse.:popcorn:

Pretty sure you predicted the Aztecs would curb stomp the Lobos at Viejas....hope you are O Fer 2

On 1/21/2023 at 9:41 AM, Broncos4Ever said:

Get real - every coach in this league would have complained if that happened to their team, and rightfully so.

Nowhere did Leon make any correlation between the incident and the OT loss. 

Every other coach in the conference would have taken it to the conference instead of the media.  UNM didn't do a good job of sharing the hallway.  The horror!

On 1/21/2023 at 1:32 PM, Headbutt said:

Every other coach in the conference would have taken it to the conference instead of the media.  UNM didn't do a good job of sharing the hallway.  The horror!

My take is this kind of thing has been an on going problem at New Mexico, and there’s evidence of that just with the NMSU clashes, alone. Rice is justified in calling out the UNM administration to the media. 

kat.jpg

On 1/21/2023 at 2:38 PM, Nevada Convert said:

My take is this kind of thing has been an on going problem at New Mexico, and there’s evidence of that just with the NMSU clashes, alone. Rice is justified in calling out the UNM administration to the media. 

So we disagree.  OK.

Best B-ball game of the MW Season and all anyone wants to talk about is some shit talking between baseball kids and basketball kids.

roflmao

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 1/21/2023 at 2:38 PM, Nevada Convert said:

My take is this kind of thing has been an on going problem at New Mexico, and there’s evidence of that just with the NMSU clashes, alone. Rice is justified in calling them out to the media. 

The NMSU situation didn't involve UNM athletics in any way (players or venues). Apparently Rice knew that UNM had their baseball team in the hallway (coming off the court halftime activity) and rather than checking or waiting for it to be cleared led his team out early and there were some words exchanged. UNM apologized and Rice cried about it to the media instead of a formal complaint and omitted information about the context during his whine session. Complete nothing burger. 

On 1/21/2023 at 1:11 PM, mikexom said:

Pretty sure you predicted the Aztecs would curb stomp the Lobos at Viejas....hope you are O Fer 2

I don't recall saying any such thing and I'm pretty sure you're incorrect. This thread contains the sole comment I can recall having made about the game: https://www.mwcboard.com/index.php?/topic/100529-no-lobos-v-aztecs-thread/#comments

As you will note, what I said was simply the following: 

This year, SDSU stands for San Diego State Undisciplined

Where's the Aztec who assured me they won't lose more than 4 games in conference?

🤣🤣🤣 the changing thread titles. 

MWC board is Back!!!!

On 1/21/2023 at 12:32 PM, Broncos4Ever said:

Specific examples please.  Rice is one of the most gracious coaches in the game.  He is very well liked and respected across the country.  The whining thing sounds more like urban legend to me.

Gracious?? Well liked and respected? :lol:

On 1/21/2023 at 11:37 PM, 4UNLV said:

Gracious?? Well liked and respected? :lol:

Absolutely. Ask anyone, except UNLV fans who are apparently still bitter about him pumping his fist at the crowd in a moment of excitement when a last second shot was called off.  You act like he kicked Dave Rice in the nuts and stole his lunch money or something. Probably time to let it go - you’ll feel better.

On 1/21/2023 at 2:55 PM, PTR said:

The NMSU situation didn't involve UNM athletics in any way (players or venues). Apparently Rice knew that UNM had their baseball team in the hallway (coming off the court halftime activity) and rather than checking or waiting for it to be cleared led his team out early and there were some words exchanged. UNM apologized and Rice cried about it to the media instead of a formal complaint and omitted information about the context during his whine session. Complete nothing burger. 

On 1/21/2023 at 8:10 PM, Dealwit said:

Leon is a whiny beeoch…… it was a little jawing back & forth!

So.... where is this information coming from? Are you making it up like most of the people who post on the internet?

Why would a coach (or anyone for that matter have to check... is it okay if I leave the room?

And some of the clueless individuals on here dismissing this as insignificant.... WTF? you have no clue. OBVIOUSLY have never been remotely involved with crowd control, event security, law enforcement or even thought about it.

This could have gotten so out of hand it isn't even funny.  Having worked event security, as well as having worked as a bouncer at a bar, your number one issue is with testosterone filled boys in an emotional setting OR when alcohol is involved (not in this case) they do not tend to think logically.... they respond emotionally. This could have blown up so bad... We are all very lucky it did not. I can not believe someone was not all over this long before it happened. SOMEONE, an adult somewhere should have seen this as a potential issue and made absolutely certain this did not occur. I am completely amazed someone did not see this as a serious major conflict potential. SOMEONE is not doing their job!

This is crowd control 101! This is the simple sh1t! Someone needs to be fired! Whomever is in charge of security does not know what they are doing. They report to the administration. I do not know if it is the athletic administration or the event center administration but somebody does not know what they are doing. This was about as simple and basic situations security has to avoid. I am dumbfounded that someone in security did not speak up and say "Hey.... potential issue here we need to avoid"!

RICE was right to call out the administration. It is thier responsibility to make absolutely certain situations like this NEVER happen. Thank the lord it did not turn into anything major.... That was a powder keg in a room where people are lighting matches.