Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Broncoborn247

New Mexico's PIT: Hallways too narrow - major code violation ! The PIT should be closed & demolished !!

On 1/21/2023 at 2:03 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

That is so much the general consensus on this board among non-Broncos based on the guy's demeanor over the years that I see no reason to provide "specifics" as one Boise fan asked of me. 

In other words, you have nothing and are simply regurgitating the party line on Leon. 

I am amazed at the people here dismissing this as insignificant.... WTF? you have no clue. OBVIOUSLY have never been remotely involved with crowd control, event security, law enforcement or even thought about it.

This could have gotten so out of hand it isn't even funny.  Having worked event security, as well as having worked as a bouncer at a bar, your number one issue is with testosterone filled boys in an emotional setting OR when alcohol is involved (not in this case) they do not tend to think logically.... they respond emotionally. This could have blown up so bad... We are all very lucky it did not. I can not believe someone was not all over this long before it happened. SOMEONE, an adult somewhere should have seen this as a potential issue and made absolutely certain this did not occur. I am completely amazed someone did not see this as a serious major conflict potential. SOMEONE is not doing their job!

This is crowd control 101! This is the simple sh1t! Someone needs to be fired! Whomever is in charge of security does not know what they are doing. They report to the administration. I do not know if it is the athletic administration or the event center administration but somebody does not know what they are doing. This was about as simple and basic situations security has to avoid. I am dumbfounded that someone in security did not speak up and say "Hey.... potential issue here we need to avoid"!

RICE was right to call out the administration. It is there responsibility to make absolutely certain situations like this NEVER happen. Thank the lord it did not turn into anything major.... That was a powder keg in a room where people are lighting matches.

Stop and think.... If your job was event security.... would you have addressed this before it was even a potential for happening? 

On 1/22/2023 at 10:13 AM, 4XGrad said:

I am amazed at the people here dismissing this as insignificant.... WTF? you have no clue. OBVIOUSLY have never been remotely involved with crowd control, event security, law enforcement or even thought about it.

This could have gotten so out of hand it isn't even funny.  Having worked event security, as well as having worked as a bouncer at a bar, your number one issue is with testosterone filled boys in an emotional setting OR when alcohol is involved (not in this case) they do not tend to think logically.... they respond emotionally. This could have blown up so bad... We are all very lucky it did not. I can not believe someone was not all over this long before it happened. SOMEONE, an adult somewhere should have seen this as a potential issue and made absolutely certain this did not occur. I am completely amazed someone did not see this as a serious major conflict potential. SOMEONE is not doing their job!

This is crowd control 101! This is the simple sh1t! Someone needs to be fired! Whomever is in charge of security does not know what they are doing. They report to the administration. I do not know if it is the athletic administration or the event center administration but somebody does not know what they are doing. This was about as simple and basic situations security has to avoid. I am dumbfounded that someone in security did not speak up and say "Hey.... potential issue here we need to avoid"!

RICE was right to call out the administration. It is there responsibility to make absolutely certain situations like this NEVER happen. Thank the lord it did not turn into anything major.... That was a powder keg in a room where people are lighting matches.

Stop and think.... If your job was event security.... would you have addressed this before it was even a potential for happening? 

Leon? 

On 1/22/2023 at 10:53 AM, PTR said:

Leon? 

Verbatim in two threads. That's alot of effort. I have more faith that athletes who spend so much time in the spotlight would not blow up like a powder keg.

Some random poster on the web said BSU left the locker room early. I will believe this unknown concerned and informed netizen until such time as I don't. 

But I can see why Ricce was concerned.

1674314924-7A20E9BB-30A1-497A-94C5-79587

Out of my mind for the Lobos!!

On 1/21/2023 at 8:02 PM, Broncos4Ever said:

In other words, you have nothing and are simply regurgitating the party line on Leon. 

Do everybody a favor and confine your jingoistic viewpoint to Bronco Country or whatever it's called where your obsession with defending King Whiner will be appreciated.

In 35 years

On 1/22/2023 at 11:33 AM, lobo-tomy said:

Verbatim in two threads. That's alot of effort. I have more faith that athletes who spend so much time in the spotlight would not blow up like a powder keg.

Some random poster on the web said BSU left the locker room early. I will believe this unknown concerned and informed netizen until such time as I don't. 

But I can see why Ricce was concerned.

You mean like Michigan and Michigan State? Sorry but I have way spent too much time around testosterone filled groups to even think for a second that is not a powder keg.

Yes some kids are adult enough to keep it together.... So many are not. Some will not be able to keep it together at any point in their lives... just look around you. Read a fricken paper any day of the week. Some people allow themselves to be controlled by their emotions. Some people do not. Often people get better at it as they get older... not everyone. When you are talking a total of 40 to 50 young guys the probability of at least one of them setting off the keg goes up exponentially.

On 1/22/2023 at 12:44 PM, 4XGrad said:

You mean like Michigan and Michigan State? Sorry but I have way spent too much time around testosterone filled groups to even think for a second that is not a powder keg.

Yes some kids are adult enough to keep it together.... So many are not. Some will not be able to keep it together at any point in their lives... just look around you. Read a fricken paper any day of the week. Some people allow themselves to be controlled by their emotions. Some people do not. Often people get better at it as they get older... not everyone. When you are talking a total of 40 to 50 young guys the probability of at least one of them setting off the keg goes up exponentially.

Relax.  The league is requiring additional hall monitors for teams hosting Leon.  It's all good.

Live footage obtained from Pit security cameras revealed the carnage. Clearly the entire athletic department needs to be shut down and the entire state returned back to Mexico. 

tenor (2).gif

I hear your rant, but I can't help think, in light of past incidents, that the Boise Staff could have had someone check to make sure the path was clear. Upon seeing it was not, get the Team to wait an extra minute or two.

Preventive Measures often prevent these types of situations.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

...Read a fricken paper any day of the week...

Newspapers are underrated contributors to Global Climate Warming Change and as such only read electronic articles.

I have little free time and would not spend it reading about UM MSU. I will need to be enlightened by what happened. But doubt it is the same as two teams from different sports getting a coach all riled up.

Out of my mind for the Lobos!!

First: what a great hard fought game. Congratulations to the New Mexico basketball team for the win and Boise’s for their performance. Second: Congratulations to Boise States coaches, staff, and players for keeping their composure, their sportsmanship, cool, and integrity during this incident. They should be recognized and commended for not reacting. Michigan/Michigan State tunnel incident is an example of how bad things can turn out. Question; was it only players or where New Mexico’s coaches and staff also involved? Incidences like this, unruly interference with a visiting team, used to be a technical foul on the home team and removal of the offender/ offenders. Did the officials miss a call, or does that rule no longer exist? Third: For those who think this was okay, are you going to feel the same when this happens to your team? The bottom line is the safety of the coaches, staff, and players of visiting teams should be a priority. It is the responsibility of the home team and conference to ensure their safety. New Mexico failed and if the Mountain West does nothing their inaction shows this behavior is acceptable and okay. Something to think about. Thank you Congratulations Boise State team for demonstrating composure, restraint, true sportsmanship and integrity!!🙏🙏

First:Congratulations to both teams for a great hard fought game and New Mexico for the win. Second: Boise State’s coaches, staff, and players need to be recognized, commended, and acknowledged for their restraint, composure, sportsmanship, and integrity during this deliberate attempt to provoke an altercation. Michigan/Michigan State is a perfect example of how violent tunnel altercations can become. One question that needs answered: Was it just the baseball players or were the coaches and staff also involved? Third: There used to be a rule where this type of unsafe behavior resulted in technical fouls called on the home team. Did the officials blow the call or does that rule no longer exist? Fourth: To those who accept and support this behavior, are you going to feel the same when it happens to your team? Fifth: Most importantly, the safety and security of the visiting teams coaches, staff, and players need to be insured. New Mexico’s Administrators, athletic department, basketball team and coaches failed to do that. If the Mountain West conference failed to take action and does nothing, their inaction is a statement of acceptance. Opening the door for other teams to do the same. Congratulations to all members of the Boise State team for showing restraint, true sportsmanship and integrity during this despicable action. You are a class act. Thank you