Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Broncoborn247

New Mexico's PIT: Hallways too narrow - major code violation ! The PIT should be closed & demolished !!

New Mexico baseball team starts altercation as they were allowed to block BSU basketball team as they tried to come out of locker room for halftime.  This is the craziest thing I have ever heard.  How New Mexico doesn’t get serious sanctions and punishment is beyond me.  You have home court advantage.  As Leon said, if BSU stacked their football team and started fights 1 foot out of the locker room would be unacceptable.  Serious sanctions need to be dished out.  Unacceptable.  Everyone should be disgusted.  

On 1/21/2023 at 12:30 AM, TheTedfordTrain said:

Boise fans cry so much. 

The last time I posted probably, or close to the last time was me pointing out to MWC that their calibration on the timer was wrong on what should have been a game winning shot at CSU by Webb.  They eventually apologized after screwing up, which was obvious.  I have been in the locker room at college games and the level of security at facilities is air tight for opposing teams.  Honest opinion is MW officials should come down hard on NM.  This is unsafe and an unfair advantage.  I’m sure it will be addressed, but I’m also certain no punishment will be fished out, which is pathetic.  Come to a BSU game.  The locker room, down the hall, and one of the 4 floor level entrance is completely roped off for opposing teams to keep BS from happening.  This is so crazy.  

All high level sports including college and pro clear the path for opposing teams to and from the locker rooms.  That’s a fact.  Any excuse is ridiculous.  This wasn’t a mistake.  It is impossible for anyone to think this is even remotely normal or okay.  An apology is pathetic.  Again serious punishment should be dished out. Someone should be getting fired tomorrow.  It’s incomprehensible that New Mexico administration is this stupid.  If you are stupid enough to not protect opposing players from fans, and especially from your own student athletes there has to be consequences.  

I guess it worked, eh? Talk about taking home court advantage to another level. UNM pulling out all stops to keep their program rolling and fans happy. BSU up 7 at the half....lose the game in OT....

If it's true what happened, then I'm even more impressed by the performance of the Broncos to keep their heads up through the second half. 

If UNM doesn't get disciplined appropriately, then it was a sleezy move that paid off perfectly.

I think, therefore I'm.

On 1/21/2023 at 4:26 AM, ClevelandBrown said:

I guess it worked, eh? Talk about taking home court advantage to another level. UNM pulling out all stops to keep their program rolling and fans happy. BSU up 7 at the half....lose the game in OT....

If it's true what happened, then I'm even more impressed by the performance of the Broncos to keep their heads up through the second half. 

If UNM doesn't get disciplined appropriately, then it was a sleezy move that paid off perfectly.

lol are you joking??? The way it was described (even if you take Rice at 100% face value) that should pump the f out of the Boise basketball team. "physical a little bit" = no punches, no pulls, heck someone might of touched a BSU players shoulder. If it was aggressive physical he would have not said "a little bit". Trash talking pumped every team I every played on up and increased the chances of winning (no I did not play any college ball but there was plenty of trash talking even at the high school level). 

BUT yes NM should have some time of punishment even if you take there side (trash talking but nothing physical). Ideally the punishment would be no fans for a game when BSU is on the road @NM for a baseball game. But of course that is not possible as BSU dropped baseball. 

Wasn't there, but did this incident really contribute to the loss? I would like to think these Boise BB athletes have a mental toughness to be as good as they are. UNM should not have had anyone near that locker room, not a good look UNM brass. 

On 1/21/2023 at 5:08 AM, thedude15 said:

lol are you joking??? The way it was described (even if you take Rice at 100% face value) that should pump the f out of the Boise basketball team. "physical a little bit" = no punches, no pulls, heck someone might of touched a BSU players shoulder. If it was aggressive physical he would have not said "a little bit". Trash talking pumped every team I every played on up and increased the chances of winning (no I did not play any college ball but there was plenty of trash talking even at the high school level). 

BUT yes NM should have some time of punishment even if you take their side (trash talking but nothing physical). Ideally the punishment would be no fans for a game when BSU is on the road @NM for a baseball game. But of course that is not possible as BSU dropped baseball. 

These are the times I shake my head.  When it’s the opposing team on the court or fans in the stand I was the ultimate trash talker.  More importantly I backed it up.  I talk back and I’m coming and raining threes and taking you hard down low.  When it’s a safety issue and the universally accepted boundaries have been broken, that’s different.  In a game you know the rules, refs to protect, security to protect and it’s different.  When fans or none players can clearly get to you or situations that are clearly outside the norm happen you can’t guess players reaction.  Had I been the coach I would have hoped I take my team back to the locker room until it was clear.  Damn the the half time clock and forced the conference and refs to make a decision.  But again, it’s so out of the norm nobody has any clue how they personally would react, including myself.  That’s why it’s bush league, and serious.  

On 1/21/2023 at 7:00 AM, B_Lootz said:

Curious if there’s any security cameras outside the locker room that picked up anything a la USU-Nevada (Caroline punching the fire extinguisher case)?

The broncos came out after halftime, and the lobos had to call a time out just a couple of minutes in. Leon is just reaching for something. Should they have found another pathway for the baseball team to come back in after they were honored at halftime? Probably, but come on, Leon, trash talking is part of the game. Typical of him though.

On 1/21/2023 at 12:16 AM, Broncoborn247 said:

New Mexico baseball team starts altercation as they were allowed to block BSU basketball team as they tried to come out of locker room for halftime.  This is the craziest thing I have ever heard.  How New Mexico doesn’t get serious sanctions and punishment is beyond me.  You have home court advantage.  As Leon said, if BSU stacked their football team and started fights 1 foot out of the locker room would be unacceptable.  Serious sanctions need to be dished out.  Unacceptable.  Everyone should be disgusted.  

The Baseball Team ?

Those are some serious gang banging thugs.

Now, the NewMag Basketball team ? I wouldn't mess with those dudes.

Cheddar Cheese Crying GIF by Dietz & Watson

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 1/21/2023 at 12:54 AM, Broncoborn247 said:

All high level sports including college and pro clear the path for opposing teams to and from the locker rooms.  That’s a fact.  Any excuse is ridiculous.  This wasn’t a mistake.  It is impossible for anyone to think this is even remotely normal or okay.  An apology is pathetic.  Again serious punishment should be dished out. Someone should be getting fired tomorrow.  It’s incomprehensible that New Mexico administration is this stupid.  If you are stupid enough to not protect opposing players from fans, and especially from your own student athletes there has to be consequences.  

try me GIF

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

The incident had no bearing on the outcome of the game.  Nowhere did Leon bring it up as an excuse for the loss - in fact he congratulated NM on a great game.  The video everyone is reacting to was post-game when a Boise reporter asked him what happened at halftime (it was clear something had happened).  Leon was right to bring it to the attention of the administration - no harm was done but it could have resulted in a serious issue (ala Michigan/Michigan State).

Like usual fans on both sides are blowing this out of proportion.  

Lol at "someone getting fired over this."🤣 Leon has a valid reason to be upset, and UNM apologized, but let's save the gallows for another day. There were some stares and some f bombs. Thankfully, nobody got hurt.