Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

New Mexico @ Nevada

On 1/23/2023 at 8:55 PM, TopLobo said:

Imagine storming the court after beating the #25 team lolol... 

Damn I guess it’s good to see Lobo fans have some fight again? I don’t remember you guys being so sour.

Not all of us are fortunate to have the blue blood history like the Lobos I guess…

I’ve never understood elitism about storming the court, if the students are pumped why not enjoy the moment?

On 1/23/2023 at 8:59 PM, TopLobo said:

Imagine barely scraping by a team that just went to OT against the team that just jizzed all over Alford, and had 2 days to prepare while your team had a whole week. I wouldn't be feeling too good about that rematch.

Huh? You are TopExcuseMaker. 

Imagine barely scraping by a team that just went to OT against the team that just jizzed all over Alford, and had 2 days to prepare while your team had a whole week. I wouldn't be feeling too good about that rematch.

We beat Boise at home, just like you guys

Get off your high horse, jeezus. It was a shitty ending for you guys, but it happens. Based on how we’ve played on the road this year, I expect you guys to win by double digits in ABQ.

On 1/23/2023 at 9:01 PM, bigd said:

Damn I guess it’s good to see Lobo fans have some fight again? I don’t remember you guys being so sour.

Not all of us are fortunate to have the blue blood history like the Lobos I guess…

I’ve never understood elitism about storming the court, if the students are pumped why not enjoy the moment?

Exactly. Who cares. I hope my kid did. Not sure I ever did when there. 

On 1/23/2023 at 8:56 PM, bigd said:

Good game Lobos, definitely feel dirty with the way that ended. We didn’t deserve it, but I’ll certainly take the W. Mashburn is an incredible player!

Im really looking forward to the rematch in the Pit, I’m sure it will be a brutal environment.

I’d reconsider the idea that we didn’t deserve it. Not the ideal way to win, for sure, but whichever team won tonight I think they deserved it.

The only thing I feel good about tonight is that we knocked you out of the Top 25 before the ink even dried. Maybe you stomp us in the rematch, maybe not. What’s not in doubt is who the winning team was tonight and who the losing team was.

On 1/23/2023 at 9:07 PM, NVGiant said:

I’d reconsider the idea that we didn’t deserve it. Not the ideal way to win, for sure, but whichever team won tonight I think they deserved it.

Yeah that’s fair, both teams played really well. Just a dumb ending to a great game.

The elbow was the right call unfortunately. I know they were trying to swallow the whistle, but they should have called one of the two fouls of Udeze that preceded the flagrant. But they didn't. 

Shitty ending to a hard fought game. Alford always snakes game like this out. It stings to be on the receiving end. 

On 1/23/2023 at 9:05 PM, NevadaFan said:

Exactly. Who cares. I hope my kid did. Not sure I ever did when there. 

Nope. First time I saw a Nevada crowd rush the court was that Kansas game. But I wasn’t a student then.

On 1/23/2023 at 9:08 PM, NevadaAllStar said:

The only thing I feel good about tonight is that we knocked you out of the Top 25 before the ink even dried. Maybe you stomp us in the rematch, maybe not. What’s not in doubt is who the winning team was tonight and who the losing team was.

Those 11 Pack fans?! Winners. Bitter Lobo fans. Losers!

Yup, Lobo fans letting their frustrations out. Which, given the situation, I’m guessing most other teams’ fans would feel the same given the circumstances. 

Lobos never should have let it get to that point had they taken care of the ball and made their free throws late. Just hate to see a game end that way, even if the call was warranted. (I still feel Udeze was fouled several times on that rebound that led to the flagrant.). Regardless, he has to keep his cool. Who cares if ended up being a jump ball, I believe the Lobos had the possession. 

anyways, like I said. Good game Nevada. You played smarter down the stretch than los Lobos. That rematch in the Pit with Alford “don't mess with happy”, Neal and this game’s ending will only rile up the Pit crowd even more. 

Good luck Wolfpack the rest way of the way, well except for Feb 7 😜

On 1/23/2023 at 10:09 PM, bigd said:

Yeah that’s fair, both teams played really well. Just a dumb ending.

I think both teams played really hard. It's a stretch to say UNM played well in OT. Totally agree. Ending was dumb. 

On 1/23/2023 at 8:47 PM, TopLobo said:

Mash also got absolutely mugged in first OT, and should have been at the line, but they call a jump ball? Some odd calls this game...

Good game though Pack.

On 1/23/2023 at 8:57 PM, NevadaAllStar said:

imagine snatching defeat from the jaws of victory with a 5 second violation out of a timeout followed by a 30 second violation and then giving up possession on a jump ball….

That 5 second call was actually 4 seconds, and that 'jump ball' was a mugging. Udeze was fouled, but shouldn't have slapped the guy. That was the game.

Not calling the hack fest the two Reno players were putting on Udeze doesn't even bother me. It's Mashburn getting absolutely demolished in the lane and they call a tie up lol... very strange.

We still should have won even though we handed it to Reno like five times... deserve to lose.

Good game Nevada, you guys went out and took that win. Lobos deserved to lose that game. They played lousy defense in the paint, and were able undisciplined at the worst times. Lobos had no answer for the Baker guy, and that 6’6” guard of theirs just dominated House. Lobos don’t deserve to be ranked again this season. They looked bad at times tonight. Hate losing to alford, but he was the better coach tonight, he had his team prepared, Pitino didn’t.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."