Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thespywhozaggedme

Washington, Schramm, and Hogans all returning for the Broncos.

On 1/17/2023 at 3:23 PM, thespywhozaggedme said:

I think we get utterly destroyed to open the season at Washington but if we run the table, then, yes, we have a good chance. Because Washington is really good, like possibly top-five good. I think our top competition will be Tulane, UTSA and Coastal. But we can’t afford to lose our home opener against UCF. That is actually our make or break game. I just hope we don’t embarrass ourselves in Seattle. 

Sad to say, you and I agree.  A one-loss season ain't bad.

On 1/17/2023 at 6:11 PM, kingpotato said:

U Dubs passing offense is very good, but Boise does get Markel Reed back, who was considered their best corner before injuries detailed the last two seasons. Oladipo and Robinson are pretty good safeties and Kaniho is now an experienced corner on the other side. The secondary won't be as good as last year's stacked backfield, but I expect it to be decent.

Very good?  Tops in all of P5 last season.  And returning all WR position players plus upgraded the running backs. 

On 1/17/2023 at 9:48 PM, thespywhozaggedme said:

I don’t want you guys to get your hopes up. Penix was second first in the nation in passing yardage with almost 4700 over 4800 yards and they’re playing in Seattle and our secondary is not good and that’s being diplomatic. Again, if we keep it within 21 points, I will be pleasantly surprised. It’s the UCF game that is make or break for me.

FIFY

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/25

On 1/18/2023 at 7:09 AM, Raz said:

Very good?  Tops in all of P5 last season.  And returning all WR position players plus upgraded the running backs. 

Congratulations. I've never seen "very good" taken as an insult before. Spectacular? Unbelievable? What are you looking for here?

On 1/17/2023 at 11:13 PM, Spot50B said:

Why should the offense be stellar? It was only slightly above average last year. Boise State hasn't had a stellar offense in quite some time.

They had the #1 offense in conference play... by a lot... with many of their top players being freshman. Man, some people are hard to please.

On 1/17/2023 at 8:48 PM, thespywhozaggedme said:

I don’t want you guys to get your hopes up. Penix was second in the nation in passing yardage with almost 4700 yards and they’re playing in Seattle and our secondary is not good and that’s being diplomatic. Again, if we keep it within 21 points, I will be pleasantly surprised. It’s the UCF game that is make or break for me.

Hopes up? I haven't seen anyone that expects a win. Should it be lower than that?

On 1/18/2023 at 8:35 AM, kingpotato said:

They had the #1 offense in conference play... by a lot... with many of their top players being freshman. Man, some people are hard to please.

Take the glasses off. It was a slightly above average offense in a below average conference.  The entire conference was bad at offense last year. 

On 1/18/2023 at 9:30 AM, Spot50B said:

Take the glasses off. It was a slightly above average offense in a below average conference.  The entire conference was bad at offense last year. 

Take the glasses off? I just stated a fact. You're the one coming up with excuses.

On 1/18/2023 at 9:36 AM, kingpotato said:

Take the glasses off? I just stated a fact. You're the one coming up with excuses.

You stated a statistic. Do you really believe Boise State had the best offense in the conference, particularly after watching the CCG? 

On 1/18/2023 at 9:43 AM, Spot50B said:

You stated a statistic. Do you really believe Boise State had the best offense in the conference, particularly after watching the CCG? 

Boise outgained Fresno in the championship game. That's another fact.

On 1/18/2023 at 10:00 AM, Spot50B said:

Do you think Boise had a better offense than Fresno, particularly after watching said game? That is my question.

Uh, yeah. Fresno had 245 yards of offense and 61 yards rushing. Is that the offense you're coveting?

On 1/18/2023 at 9:31 AM, kingpotato said:

Uh, yeah. Fresno had 245 yards of offense and 61 yards rushing. Is that the offense you're coveting?

umm...Fresno lead the MWC in yardage and scoring...yeah, they had the best offense this year

On 1/18/2023 at 10:23 AM, renoskier said:

umm...Fresno lead the MWC in yardage and scoring...yeah, they had the best offense this year

If you level playing field and only include MW games, Boise had 50 more yards per game. 0.5 more yards per play. Fresno scored barely more points.

On 1/18/2023 at 11:23 AM, renoskier said:

That's why I said "in conference." Boise will have a very potent offense next year. That was the original statement. Do you have an issue with that?

Boise outgained Fresno in both games they played against each other, for what it's worth.