Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thespywhozaggedme

Washington, Schramm, and Hogans all returning for the Broncos.

On 1/17/2023 at 2:32 PM, tailingpermit said:

WE GOIN’ NY6 THIS SEASON!!!!!!

I think we get utterly destroyed to open the season at Washington but if we run the table, then, yes, we have a good chance. Because Washington is really good, like possibly top-five good. I think our top competition will be Tulane, UTSA and Coastal. But we can’t afford to lose our home opener against UCF. That is actually our make or break game. I just hope we don’t embarrass ourselves in Seattle. 

On 1/17/2023 at 12:17 PM, kingpotato said:

Yeah, this is really good news. Washington, Hogans, and Shramm are huge. Those were areas where they were going to be really thin and now could be a strength.

Beresford and Curran really important as well. OL could be a strength if young guys develop on schedule and other dudes like Dooley can stay healthy.

On 1/17/2023 at 2:23 PM, thespywhozaggedme said:

I think we get utterly destroyed to open the season at Washington but if we run the table, then, yes, we have a good chance. Because Washington is really good, like possibly top-five good. I think our top competition will be Tulane, UTSA and Coastal. But we can’t afford to lose our home opener against UCF. That is actually our make or break game. I just hope we don’t embarrass ourselves in Seattle. 

Destroyed?  Not so sure.  Lose?  Most likely.

The Bronco offense is going to score points.  UW is going to light up the scoreboard most likely so it's up to how many points can Green/Jeanty/Holani, etc score.   The offense should be stellar.  I think the D will be real good once the pups get it dialed in;  there are some very good defensive players that redshirted last year.

On 1/17/2023 at 2:33 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

Beresford and Curran really important as well. OL could be a strength if young guys develop on schedule and other dudes like Dooley can stay healthy.

Definitely, but Beresford was already coming back and I fully expected Curran to come back, as well. Washington and Shramm I felt were really up in the air.

On 1/17/2023 at 4:43 PM, roughrider said:

The Bronco offense is going to score points.  UW is going to light up the scoreboard most likely so it's up to how many points can Green/Jeanty/Holani, etc score.   The offense should be stellar.  I think the D will be real good once the pups get it dialed in;  there are some very good defensive players that redshirted last year.

I’d be shocked if we kept it within 21 points. Our secondary is going to get lit up like a Christmas tree. But I’m OK with that as long as we win the rest of the games on the year.

On 1/17/2023 at 4:56 PM, thespywhozaggedme said:

I’d be shocked if we kept it within 21 points. Our secondary is going to get lit up like a Christmas tree. But I’m OK with that as long as we win the rest of the games on the year.

U Dubs passing offense is very good, but Boise does get Markel Reed back, who was considered their best corner before injuries detailed the last two seasons. Oladipo and Robinson are pretty good safeties and Kaniho is now an experienced corner on the other side. The secondary won't be as good as last year's stacked backfield, but I expect it to be decent.

On 1/17/2023 at 3:57 PM, thespywhozaggedme said:

Who is his dad and what’s the story behind his temper?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Schramm_(American_football)

Developed a reputation in Fresno as a screamer who wasn’t exactly a player’s coach. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

On 1/17/2023 at 4:11 PM, kingpotato said:

U Dubs passing offense is very good, but Boise does get Markel Reed back, who was considered their best corner before injuries detailed the last two seasons. Oladipo and Robinson are pretty good safeties and Kaniho is now an experienced corner on the other side. The secondary won't be as good as last year's stacked backfield, but I expect it to be decent.

Plus Toller from Wisconsin, a juco safety with size, and a juco ball-hawk CB.  I’m still worried about depth throughout the season, but should be decent group on day 1. Kaniho and Jalen Clark are pretty good too.

On 1/17/2023 at 9:20 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

Plus Toller from Wisconsin, a juco safety with size, and a juco ball-hawk CB.  I’m still worried about depth throughout the season, but should be decent group on day 1. Kaniho and Jalen Clark are pretty good too.

I don’t want you guys to get your hopes up. Penix was second in the nation in passing yardage with almost 4700 yards and they’re playing in Seattle and our secondary is not good and that’s being diplomatic. Again, if we keep it within 21 points, I will be pleasantly surprised. It’s the UCF game that is make or break for me.

On 1/17/2023 at 4:49 PM, kingpotato said:

Definitely, but Beresford was already coming back and I fully expected Curran to come back, as well. Washington and Shramm I felt were really up in the air.

FWIW I heard Washington was a late decision where DJ was not.  

On 1/17/2023 at 2:43 PM, roughrider said:

Why should the offense be stellar? It was only slightly above average last year. Boise State hasn't had a stellar offense in quite some time.

On 1/17/2023 at 11:32 AM, tailingpermit said:

WE GOIN’ NY6 THIS SEASON!!!!!!

I’d definitely book the flights now…this is a definite can’t lose situation. Good chance you guys could get UGA for the big one!

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg