Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

MWC HOOPS 1/17/23 - WHO YA GOT?

I’m back to .500 for the season at 14-14. Fortunately I was busy all day on Saturday and didn’t get any picks in. As I looked back at the games, I think I would have been hammered other than having the Fresno under. 😂

Can Wyoming get off the schneid tonight? They can but won’t. Missed free throws will beat the Pokes. I like AFA -2.5.

Game if the night and a great first half of the schedule matchup with the rematch between Nevada and Boise. I think this will be a knockdown, drag out halfcourt matchup resembling a tournament game. I like Boise this year but Nevada has also impressed me. I think Boise wins a tight one but Nevada gets it in under the number. I’ll take Nevada +5.5 and the Under as a bonus pick.

UNLV season is on life support after the home loss to CSU. Backs to the wall, will it be fight or flight for the Rebs? Utah State cannot afford a home loss for tournament reasons. UNLV relies on forced turnovers and free throws. They’ll get the turnovers tonight but not the free throws without a home whistle. Utah State wins but I’ll take the Rebels +6.

And finally, the battle of the Big 10 sacked coaches. New Mexico on a high after their great win at Viejas. I worry that SJSU is coming off a bye and had a week to prepare while UNM returns after a short time off. I’ll take SJSU to cover the 10 with late points.

@Swoll Cracker “New Mexico on a high after their great win at Viejas. I worry that SJSU is coming off a bye and had a week to prepare while UNM returns after a short time off”

I too, am worried about this game for that very reason. UNM was pushed hard for two straight games against tuff competition in both ORU and SDSU in an emotional win for them. Very little rest for the team since before the ORU game. SJSU and coach Miles will come in rested and game planned, for Los Lobos. But will a Pit crowd, and playing at elevation, help Los Lobos… we’ll see. Should be a great matchup on FS1, Im looking forward to seeing this one, then another beast of a team in BSU, right behind this one… YIKES! Rest up Lobos, you’ll need it!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

On 1/17/2023 at 8:48 AM, ltcpilot said:

Any word on who is still out for Wyoming, or better said, who can play?

Ike, Maldo, Thompson, Wenzel, Foster are all out tonight and I’m guessing Kyman questionable. It will be ugly tonight.

intresting trend going on the over/unders in MWC play...not exactly sure why projected scoring is so way up or how long it will continue but factor it in your parlays.i been hiting alot of single game parlays with overs/favswwwwwww.png.d881b1e32afade93458d8d878dd7e605.png

"Silence is Golden when you can't think of anything good to say"

Muhhamed Ali

On 1/17/2023 at 4:29 PM, sdsuphilip4 said:

I like SJSU to cover, it is a classic trap game coming off a emotional win.

and SJSU is also 5-1 ATS on road...

"Silence is Golden when you can't think of anything good to say"

Muhhamed Ali

On 1/17/2023 at 2:08 PM, Desert Wolf said:

intresting trend going on the over/unders in MWC play...not exactly sure why projected scoring is so way up or how long it will continue but factor it in your parlays.i been hiting alot of single game parlays with overs/favswwwwwww.png.d881b1e32afade93458d8d878dd7e605.png

Interesting

On 1/17/2023 at 1:28 PM, wyo 1 said:

Ike, Maldo, Thompson, Wenzel, Foster are all out tonight and I’m guessing Kyman questionable. It will be ugly tonight.

Wyoming is snake but this year. Bonus is, Linder likely stays in Laramie. I figured he'd he gone after this season.

On 1/17/2023 at 3:23 PM, quickdraw said:

The UNR vs BSu game could be a forerunner of the MWC tournament championship game.

This is a year I could see a lower seed winning the MW tournament. There are going to be some really good middle seeds this year.

On 1/17/2023 at 7:06 PM, misplacedcowboy said:

Really wish the MW app could do a split screen on nights like this. Gotta watch my Pokes, but some other really fun matchups 

I’ve had the Firestick, laptop, and iPad going simultaneously before. Lol

Reynolds having a good night at least. 

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

Im not sure I like this mic'd up, all access thingy. Anyone else like or dislike it?

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

JFC Pokes. :facepalm:

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."