Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fbpack

Fire Kevin Kruger

No coach in UNLV history, no matter how bad, was fired after 2 years.  Even Marv got 3 years and he was only canned cuz we had a new AD who wanted to make her mark.  Firing a coach after 2 years would look bad, especially considering we don't exactly have a good history of coach hiring.  Absolutely terrible idea but look who is floating it.

BTW anyone see Marv is back to coaching again?  He is at University of Kansas City, currently 7-12 in the Summit League.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

On 1/15/2023 at 2:00 PM, VincentVegaBond said:

No coach in UNLV history, no matter how bad, was fired after 2 years.  Even Marv got 3 years and he was only canned cuz we had a new AD who wanted to make her mark.  Firing a coach after 2 years would look bad, especially considering we don't exactly have a good history of coach hiring.  Absolutely terrible idea but look who is floating it.

BTW anyone see Marv is back to coaching again?  He is at University of Kansas City, currently 7-12 in the Summit League.

Erick Harper showed, by firing Marcus Arroyo, that he IS NOT here to f-ck around!  Kevin Kruger will be fired after three years because Harper will want to make his mark.

On 1/15/2023 at 5:27 PM, ph90702 said:

Erick Harper showed, by firing Marcus Arroyo, that he IS NOT here to f-ck around!  Kevin Kruger will be fired after three years because Harper will want to make his mark.

Pretty sure he will get another year regardless. If there isn't significant improvement next year he is gone. I'm sure Lon will try to pull some strings, but he is not the AD.

On 1/15/2023 at 2:48 PM, rebelcuff said:

Pretty sure he will get another year regardless. If there isn't significant improvement next year he is gone. I'm sure Lon will try to pull some strings, but he is not the AD.

Kevin Kruger is, at best, the 9th best head coach in the MW.  I would argue that he’s either the worst or second worst.

Change my mind!

On 1/15/2023 at 2:27 PM, ph90702 said:

Now you are saying 3 years? Hey, if he totally shits the bed next year I'll be with you. But I thought you were advocating NOW!!!!!

I'm glad they didn't fire Lon Kruger after a lackluster year 2.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

On 1/15/2023 at 3:27 PM, ph90702 said:

Harper fired Arroyo and hired some guy named Barry.

He definitely isn't f-cking around.  🤣

On 1/15/2023 at 3:03 PM, VincentVegaBond said:

Now you are saying 3 years? Hey, if he totally shits the bed next year I'll be with you. But I thought you were advocating NOW!!!!!

You’re misinterpreting or intentionally misrepresenting me.  One of the two.

He should be fired after the year is over, but it’s very unlikely.

I’m saying that he will, in all likelihood, get three years, even though he doesn’t deserve it.

Tell me how he’s better than the 9th best head coach in the MW?  Who is worse?

On 1/15/2023 at 3:25 PM, Headbutt said:

Harper fired Arroyo and hired some guy named Barry.

He definitely isn't f-cking around.  🤣

Barry Odom went .500 in SEC play at Missouri, which is the 10th best job in the SEC, at best.  You can make an argument that it’s the second worst, ahead of only Vanderbilt.

On 1/15/2023 at 3:03 PM, VincentVegaBond said:

You’re comparing apples to oranges!

Lon Kruger had already taken three different schools to the NCAA Tournament and was a head coach in the NBA.

He deserved the benefit of the doubt because he had a track record.  Kevin Kruger does not.

Kevin Kruger should be coaching at some crappy Big West or Big Sky program and learning how to run a program.

He is thoroughly outclassed in the MW.

On 1/15/2023 at 3:48 PM, rebelcuff said:

This is what I don't get. KK overachieved his first season. They are having a better season in year two despite losing their three best players. He has improved every year. Instant gratification isn't always the best way to build an athletic department... in fact, it's one of the worst.

On 1/15/2023 at 6:47 PM, kingpotato said:

This is what I don't get. KK overachieved his first season. They are having a better season in year two despite losing their three best players. He has improved every year. Instant gratification isn't always the best way to build an athletic department... in fact, it's one of the worst.

Recruiting isn't up to par. Not going to win with the recruits he is pulling in.

On 1/15/2023 at 4:30 PM, ph90702 said:

Barry Odom went .500 in SEC play at Missouri, which is the 10th best job in the SEC, at best.  You can make an argument that it’s the second worst, ahead of only Vanderbilt.

Oh Christ, no he did not. He was 13-19 in the SEC... and that was coming off a team that had won the division two of the prior three years...

... and, I hate to break it to you, but UNLV is the 10th best job in the MW.

On 1/15/2023 at 3:56 PM, kingpotato said:

Oh Christ, no he did not. He was 13-19 in the SEC... and that was coming off a team that had won the division two of the prior three years...

... and, I hate to break it to you, but UNLV is the 10th best job in the MW.

In what sport?

On 1/15/2023 at 4:54 PM, rebelcuff said:

Recruiting isn't up to par. Not going to win with the recruits he is pulling in.

Yeah, I don't follow UNLV recruiting close enough to answer that. I'm sure you could get Dave Rice back. He was a hell of recruiter. Pick your poison.