Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

Boise State vs Wyoming

On 1/14/2023 at 10:46 PM, thatsmymammy said:

Wyoming such a disappointment this year. 

Losing Ike completely changed the dynamics of their team. With him dominating inside requiring double teams it lets the other guys freelance more and get easier shots. 

Congrats spuds.  I can't believe losing one guy (yes I know we are missing a bunch) has turned our season like this.  Our transfers have underwhelmed and I feel like we have no spark.  Ike or no Ike,  we need a kick in the ass or we are going to finish with three wins in conference.

On 1/14/2023 at 11:27 PM, gold-n-brown said:

Congrats spuds.  I can't believe losing one guy (yes I know we are missing a bunch) has turned our season like this.  Our transfers have underwhelmed and I feel like we have no spark.  Ike or no Ike,  we need a kick in the ass or we are going to finish with three wins in conference.

Im taking the under.

The entire dept is a +++++ing train wreck. 

I take that back. I’d watch a train wreck. 

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

On 1/14/2023 at 11:27 PM, gold-n-brown said:

Last year Wyoming kicked ass posting up Ike and Maldonado. Maldonado doesn’t seem like the same player without Ike. Jeffries was also a huge loss. He was a great defender and money from the three point line. The Pokes have no one else like him this year. 

On 1/15/2023 at 9:44 AM, Swoll Cracker said:

I watched a good portion of the game while waiting to fly home from Vegas. Boise was a machine last night. Sound execution on both ends of the floor. 

It's a little surprising to us. Last year's team was balanced, but this one is even more. Basically, every starter averages double digits in points and five rebounds a game. Great team defense. Now up to #11 in the country in Kenpom defensive efficiency. They have 2 or 3 guys carry them through one half and then a different 2 or 3 guys carry the 2nd half. The individual talent isn't where it was last year, but they might be a better team... maybe? Still a lot of games to be played. They have UNR and a roady at the Pit. That will show us a lot.

On 1/15/2023 at 12:12 PM, kingpotato said:

Another strange thing is that it's not very common to have a single player reach 20 points, yet they're in the top 100 in off eff.

Boise is ON FIRE from three. Check out these conference stats. Probably will come down to earth at some point. Shaver and Degenhart (thought to be two best shooters coming into the season) are the worst on the team (Shaver dealing with injuries.)

32AC72B2-5E26-4114-858D-CED38E39C40B.jpeg

On 1/15/2023 at 2:55 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

Boise is ON FIRE from three. Check out these conference stats. Probably will come down to earth at some point. Shaver and Degenhart (thought to be two best shooters coming into the season) are the worst on the team (Shaver dealing with injuries.)

They have been shooting well, but that adds up to just under 42%. That's a good number, for sure, but not sure it would reach "on fire" status. I mentioned earlier, this team has the shooters to be somewhere between 37-40%. They're shooting about where they should have been all year.

If this season keeps heading in the direction it seems to be, watch Shaver and Deggie heat up right as 12 and Buzo cool down to even it out.

On 1/15/2023 at 2:55 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

Even Leon can't miss.

https://twitter.com/BJRains/status/1614755302662098944?t=ahY-MfZl4twaT86FSBM28g&s=19

On 1/15/2023 at 3:42 PM, kingpotato said:

They have been shooting well, but that adds up to just under 42%. That's a good number, for sure, but not sure it would reach "on fire" status.

USU is the only team in the country over .409 on the season (.426). Only two teams finished last season above 40%.  Boise is currently .371 (56th).  If they can maintain .400+ through MW play watch out.

On 1/15/2023 at 7:41 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

USU is the only team in the country over .409 on the season (.426). Only two teams finished last season above 40%.  Boise is currently .371 (56th).  If they can maintain .400+ through MW play watch out.

You're good with research. So look up how many teams shot 41%+ from 3 over any five game stretch. I would assume it's a lot.

I've said, they should be between 37-40% for the season. They are at the bottom of that. I think they'll maintain that range.

They've shot under 40% three of the five games. That's typical.

SDSU is shooting the same percentage in conference play from 3. There's one.