Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Colorado State at UNLV

Should’ve won but we got out coached big time. Some basic instruction was missing, low IQ basketball awareness all around. Pretty surprising for a “veteran” team. 

Pretty close to panic time for the Rebels. They are letting the season get away from them. The NIT is still there for the taking but these home losses aren’t good. 0-3 at home and 1-4 overall in the conference is a very bad start even taking the win vs the Lobos.

On 1/14/2023 at 7:06 PM, ph90702 said:

What are the odds that we come full circle with Chris “Bird” Beard?

There’s no appetite for a coaching change. Athletic Dept just poured a bunch of money into the football program. 

Unless something drastic happens like finishing 10th in the conference and the team completely falls apart, maybe Harper probably steps in. Even then, you’ll have Kruger Sr working behind the scenes to smooth things over with people that call the shots. 

That being said, there’s a few games left in this season. They can still salvage it. 

On 1/14/2023 at 10:10 PM, ---I GREEN INFECTION I--- said:

You want a wife beater running your BB pgm?

It's too soon to hire him. The liberals at unlv would never do it, but they can't be too picky. Being the moral high ground has gotten them nowhere. They have had chances to hire some guys with not the best reputations and they haven't. If it were me I wouldn't care to an extent and actually hire a winner

On 1/14/2023 at 7:22 PM, qwelish said:

I'm not going to get too worked up.

Sr was lackluster in his second year too. Plus the season isn't over. But it won't help CKK moving forward if he continues to fall flat in conference. 

You’re comparing apples to oranges!  Lon Kruger had already taken three different programs to the NCAA Tournament before that.  And he was a head coach in the NBA.  Lastly, very rarely does a son equal or exceed their father as a head coach.

On 1/14/2023 at 7:23 PM, rebelcuff said:

It's too soon to hire him. The liberals at unlv would never do it, but they can't be too picky. Being the moral high ground has gotten them nowhere. They have had chances to hire some guys with not the best reputations and they haven't. If it were me I wouldn't care to an extent and actually hire a winner

Gregg Marshall would take the job in a heartbeat.

On 1/14/2023 at 7:17 PM, Rosegreen said:

There’s no appetite for a coaching change. Athletic Dept just poured a bunch of money into the football program. 

Unless something drastic happens like finishing 10th in the conference and the team completely falls apart, maybe Harper probably steps in. Even then, you’ll have Kruger Sr working behind the scenes to smooth things over with people that call the shots. 

That being said, there’s a few games left in this season. They can still salvage it. 

Not spending money and neglecting the basketball program has cost them about ten times in lost revenue!

On 1/14/2023 at 8:01 PM, VincentVegaBond said:

Absolutely unacceptable.  

The Rebels have definitely regressed and it can't all be blamed on Parquet.  Defense went from tough to Charmin' soft, offense went from confident to deer in the headlights, decision making and basketball IQ went from solid to downright flabbergasting.  Now we are losing to vastly inferior teams at home.  Giving games away at home.  I feel sick.

I may be at the Wyoming game in a few weeks, but think I might take a bit off.  Hard to justify investing so much of my time on that product.

That was a Charmin soft defense??

OK.

CKK should start mixing things up on D and personnel. More zone looks, go deeper in the lineup to press etc. It’s clear the coaches in this league have this team pegged.  New Mexico lost because they couldn’t shoot well. 

Somebody else needs to step up other than Harkless and Gilbert. Maybe get Hall in there.