Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Spartans Owning Fresno in BB

On 1/10/2023 at 11:37 PM, Nevada Convert said:

What’s it going to take to get Fresno St. serious about BB?

Maybe the Fresno City Council needs to unanimously pass a declaration urging the admission of Fresno St. Basketball into the win column. 

great win tonight  mija , wait you lost 

Good for SJSU!  Fresno State had beaten the Spartans 11 straight, they were due.  Hoping Hutson is gone after the year.  Fresno State needs to hire an offensive minded coach for a change, sooo tired of watching these damn teams score 50-60 points a game and they wonder why no one goes to the games?  They are boring!!

"Frankly my dear..I don't give a damn"!

On 1/11/2023 at 10:08 AM, TheDogSnake said:

Good for SJSU!  Fresno State had beaten the Spartans 11 straight, they were due.  Hoping Hutson is gone after the year.  Fresno State needs to hire an offensive minded coach for a change, sooo tired of watching these damn teams score 50-60 points a game and they wonder why no one goes to the games?  They are boring!!

Every time I hear defense wins championships I want to say, yeah also with an offense. 

On 1/11/2023 at 9:47 AM, creeper86 said:

Fresno hoops is awful...pick up your game, you're pulling this conference way, way down!

…the expert speaks truth.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

On 1/11/2023 at 10:59 AM, Dogs4Me said:

…the expert speaks truth.

Don't have to be an expert to see the complete failure that is FS basketball. It didn't even feel like much of an accomplishment last night. You guys didn't give up though, I admire that.

On 1/11/2023 at 12:19 PM, creeper86 said:

Don't have to be an expert to see the complete failure that is FS basketball. It didn't even feel like much of an accomplishment last night. You guys didn't give up though, I admire that.

Loses 11 in a row, then wins 1 and posts thisGoofy. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

On 1/11/2023 at 9:08 AM, TheDogSnake said:

Fresno State needs to hire an offensive minded coach for a change, sooo tired of watching these damn teams score 50-60 points a game and they wonder why no one goes to the games?  They are boring!!

That is a Boyd Grant era points per game. His teams attracted large crowds. But Grant's team won and attracted fans with those low scoring games, Hutson's teams lose with those low point totals.

It might be tough to win at Fresno State.  Jerry Tarkanian couldn't get them turned around and you have to think they won't hire a better coach than that.  Rodney Terry was only moderately successful there, but now he has a top 10 team at Texas.

On 1/11/2023 at 3:44 PM, masterfrog said:

It might be tough to win at Fresno State.  Jerry Tarkanian couldn't get them turned around and you have to think they won't hire a better coach than that.  Rodney Terry was only moderately successful there, but now he has a top 10 team at Texas.

Terry was mediocre at best at UTEP 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

On 1/11/2023 at 3:44 PM, masterfrog said:

Something just isn’t right for BB at Fresno, and I think you’re right about it being tough to win there. I have no idea what the problems are. 

kat.jpg

Currently, Rodney Terry is attempting to complete the comeback as the #10 club in a packed stadium in the Big 12.  I'm not saying that Fresno BB is comparable to a University of Texas, but his reasons for leaving has gone complete 180 right now.  

It's strange how what is a passionate FSU fanbase in some sports refuses to show up for basketball.

On 1/11/2023 at 7:38 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Something just isn’t right for BB at Fresno, and I think you’re right about it being tough to win there. I have no idea what the problems are. 

Fresno State us a Football School.

Period 

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 1/11/2023 at 7:53 PM, East Coast Aztec said:

Currently, Rodney Terry is attempting to complete the comeback as the #10 club in a packed stadium in the Big 12.  I'm not saying that Fresno BB is comparable to a University of Texas, but his reasons for leaving has gone complete 180 right now.  

It's strange how what is a passionate FSU fanbase in some sports refuses to show up for basketball.

Fresno hasn't seen consistent success in basketball since the Selland Arena days back in the late 80s and 90s under Grant and Tark. Since then it's been mediocrity with a few splashes of success, nothing to really get the fans fully invested. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg