Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Air Force offensive lineman Hunter Brown dies at 21 after 'medical emergency'

On 1/11/2023 at 1:26 AM, Headbutt said:

Actually, no.  I didn't know that.  My request for defining the "question" was legitimate.  I'm not a big Covid vaccine proponent, although I do see some value in it for certain populations.  Nonetheless, I think it's a little early to try and diagnose a tragedy based on an article. 

Maybe we ought to just mourn the young man and leave the looking for blame to a future day.  Yeah, @ph90702 was right.  A little too early to ask questions.  Especially if you don't know why you're asking them.  Go ask his mom and see if she's in a mood to answer questions.  It's just dumb to politicize the death of a young person.  But carry on.

I still use the "old" definition of a vaccine being something that conveys immunity. To me the Covid shots are, at best, a therapeutic, they do not convey immunity.  The CDC changed this definition after the Covid shots hit the market.

On 1/11/2023 at 7:59 PM, TCU Robert said:

Tragedy that this young man died, and on the way to class---I assume he was walking and collapsed and died?

I also would be curious to have them investigate the cause of death.   I assume he was in peak physical condition since he was at Air Force and on the football team.

I guess it will be up to the family to ask for an autopsy.  

Yea, I would definitely want a full autopsy.

It could be naturally causes, something he was preconditioned to have happened.

It could have also been the vaccine as it is known to cause myocarditis in a small, but not insignificant subset of young, fit, people.

Nonetheless, I hope an autopsy is done, and released.

On 1/11/2023 at 9:11 AM, fanhood said:

It could have also been the vaccine as it is known to cause myocarditis in a small, but not insignificant subset of young, fit, people.

Why? A family has lost their son. Maybe you should let them do the mourning while you worry about… oh, say you/your family?

On 1/11/2023 at 2:12 AM, fanhood said:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35971401/

I think he is referring to the question discussed in the study above. You knew that of course, but its worth looking into, considering the massive campaign to get everyone vaccinated, regardless of whether or not certain populations were at risk.

Many will skim through that, as I did, read the conclusion and understand that risks are potentially increased. That these risks need to be looked at further and evaluated. That Athletes can, with more evidence, opt out of Vaccinations.

Which opens the Pandoras box of do parents have the Right to force their minor children to get vaccinated if they play Sports ?  Even if the odds are they never will play College Level Ball ?

Which of course opens the Political Pandoras Box of "Vaccines are Evil" which leads to lower rates of vax/immunization.

The epidemiological, autopsy, molecular, and physiological findings unanimously and strongly suggest that a hypercatecholaminergic state is the critical trigger of the rare cases of myocarditis due to components from SARS-CoV-2, potentially increasing sudden deaths among elite male athletes.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

I see we have a lot of scientists and doctors who already know this was from a vaccine and not from Covid itself or vice versa. Super pumped that we have folks who believe they know these things and find it appropriate to post in response to news of a young mans death. You know because this is an opportunity to prove themselves right, and they have no ego about it at all. 

On 1/11/2023 at 10:58 AM, AztecSU said:

I see we have a lot of scientists and doctors who already know this was from a vaccine and not from Covid itself or vice versa. Super pumped that we have folks who believe they know these things and find it appropriate to post in response to news of a young mans death. You know because this is an opportunity to prove themselves right, and they have no ego about it at all. 

Not every question has to be a conspiracy theory. If it were my child, I’d want answers too. You have to remember when the vaccine first came out, it got pushed through pretty quickly bypassing a lot of the standard testing by the FDA and red tape that any other type of vaccine has to go through. There are going to be and are a lot effects of Covid that nobody has researched that we are all going to have deal with sooner or later. First one that comes to mind are the 4-5 year old children often referred to as Covid babies who were locked inside without any social interaction with other children their age. A large number of those children have developmental issues and the waiting period to have those children evaluated by professionals is about a 1 year waiting list.

On 1/11/2023 at 12:05 PM, Aztec1984 said:

I still use the "old" definition of a vaccine being something that conveys immunity. To me the Covid shots are, at best, a therapeutic, they do not convey immunity.  The CDC changed this definition after the Covid shots hit the market.

You not knowing how much immunity pre-covid vaccinations provided doesn't really help any point you're trying to make :) 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 1/11/2023 at 11:16 AM, TCU Robert said:

What is offensive or objectionable about being curious about how this young man died?

I think it is a natural reaction to ask how someone died, especially when in this case it was a young athlete walking to class and he suddenly collapsed and died.  Strange circumstances.

I don't think it offends his memory or the parents mourning.   

Also, who knows, it could have been a simple seizure and nothing related to any vaccine.  Or maybe the AFA did something wrong?

I didn’t say it was either of those things? My point is that a random dude who makes an odd post about a death of a kid could give two chits about the kid and should worry about himself. He’s simply making a point about a vaccination.

On 1/11/2023 at 11:49 AM, happycamper said:

You not knowing how much immunity pre-covid vaccinations provided doesn't really help any point you're trying to make :) 

Both the Polio and Smallpox vaccines are very effective providing immunity and both diseases have, essentially, been eradicated. The other common childhood disease vaccines are very effective at providing immunity as well. The Covid shots are ineffective in that regard.

On 1/11/2023 at 3:20 PM, Aztec1984 said:

Both the Polio and Smallpox vaccines are very effective providing immunity

Many, many, many people have gotten both polio and smallpox after being vaccinated. In general the severity of the infection is greatly reduced, just like with Covid. 

Smallpox and the photos anti-vaxxers don't want you to see - NZ Herald

Smallpox - both caught the virus, vaccinated vs unvaccinated. A striking visual which resembles this chart:

united-states-rates-of-covid-19-deaths-by-vaccination-status.png

On 1/11/2023 at 3:20 PM, Aztec1984 said:

and both diseases have, essentially, been eradicated. The other common childhood disease vaccines are very effective at providing immunity as well. The Covid shots are ineffective in that regard.

In fact, the Covid shots are in general better than most other vaccinations when you get them :) Polio was effective in about 80-90% of cases - and that just measured prevention of paralytic polio. Polio just isn't so infectious.

The key to eradicating a vrius is reducing its R0 below 1. That way each infected person infects less than one other person on average. 

For diseases like smallpox or polio, the R0 is relatively small- 3.5 for smallpox, 5-7 for polio. Reducing that with vaccines to below 1 was successful with the vaccines. In addition, these viruses are relatively stable - we weren't seeing 10+ new variants of polio every two years. 

The R0 for the omicron variant of the Coronavirus is 9.5. An enormous reduction of say 6.5 would mean that coronavirus is still almost as infectious as smallpox. That's combined with the fact that at this point the novel coronavirus is more of a family than a single strain. A pancoronavirus shot isn't something we have; without other societal controls, the R0 even with universal vaccination is quite high.

So as you can see, coronavirus vaccines are essentially identical to previous vaccines, if not better at the time of vaccination. It's just that the novel coronavirus is different than those eradicated illnesses.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 1/11/2023 at 12:42 PM, happycamper said:

Many, many, many people have gotten both polio and smallpox after being vaccinated. In general the severity of the infection is greatly reduced, just like with Covid. 

Smallpox and the photos anti-vaxxers don't want you to see - NZ Herald

Smallpox - both caught the virus, vaccinated vs unvaccinated. A striking visual which resembles this chart:

united-states-rates-of-covid-19-deaths-by-vaccination-status.png

In fact, the Covid shots are in general better than most other vaccinations when you get them :) Polio was effective in about 80-90% of cases - and that just measured prevention of paralytic polio. Polio just isn't so infectious.

The key to eradicating a vrius is reducing its R0 below 1. That way each infected person infects less than one other person on average. 

For diseases like smallpox or polio, the R0 is relatively small- 3.5 for smallpox, 5-7 for polio. Reducing that with vaccines to below 1 was successful with the vaccines. In addition, these viruses are relatively stable - we weren't seeing 10+ new variants of polio every two years. 

The R0 for the omicron variant of the Coronavirus is 9.5. An enormous reduction of say 6.5 would mean that coronavirus is still almost as infectious as smallpox. That's combined with the fact that at this point the novel coronavirus is more of a family than a single strain. A pancoronavirus shot isn't something we have; without other societal controls, the R0 even with universal vaccination is quite high.

So as you can see, coronavirus vaccines are essentially identical to previous vaccines, if not better at the time of vaccination. It's just that the novel coronavirus is different than those eradicated illnesses.

Unfortunately, I don't trust the government to tell the truth. In fact, it has been shown that they have worked to censor those questioning the safety of these shots.

On 1/11/2023 at 4:26 PM, Aztec1984 said:

Unfortunately, I don't trust the government to tell the truth. In fact, it has been shown that they have worked to censor those questioning the safety of these shots.

If you don't trust the government to tell the truth, how do you know that prior vaccines worked? 

On 1/11/2023 at 12:19 PM, Gator 82 said:

Not every question has to be a conspiracy theory. If it were my child, I’d want answers too. You have to remember when the vaccine first came out, it got pushed through pretty quickly bypassing a lot of the standard testing by the FDA and red tape that any other type of vaccine has to go through. There are going to be and are a lot effects of Covid that nobody has researched that we are all going to have deal with sooner or later. First one that comes to mind are the 4-5 year old children often referred to as Covid babies who were locked inside without any social interaction with other children their age. A large number of those children have developmental issues and the waiting period to have those children evaluated by professionals is about a 1 year waiting list.

There are prices to be paid for the lockdowns. But, those prices are far reduced than if we had just gone about our business.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 1/10/2023 at 6:12 PM, ph90702 said:

How long until somebody asks the question?

On 1/11/2023 at 10:15 AM, Wyoming Tight End said:

Died Suddenly seems to be getting more common. IDK maybe it has always been like this and I did not pay attention.

Rest In Peace Hunter Brown.

Here’s the thing. This has been happening long before covid, or it’s vaccine. Anyone remember Hank Gathers? And on a more personal connection, a few years ago my sons best friends brother, age 25, got up and walked out of the room he was in, his heart stopped, and he died. No drugs, alcohol, obesity, or any other contributing factors. It just happened. Now we all hear about these things, and throw it into a category.

Yeah, you're right.  Why try to investigate something that may be killing people and was forced onto millions.

On 1/11/2023 at 2:14 PM, Cincy said:

Yeah, you're right.  Why try to investigate something that may be killing people and was forced onto millions.

None of you wannabe doctors are investigating anything. You're just here to use this young mans death to prove your points...you're proving something all right. 

On 1/11/2023 at 10:11 AM, fanhood said:

That article you provided was only an abstract of a study where there was no information on size of the study group, demographics, which mRNA vaccine, time interval from vaccine or age stratification and the main crux of abstract was the hypothesis on the influence of catecholamines to trigger the myocarditis. There’s a mountain of evidence regarding the incidence of myocarditis in young men after the second or third dose of mRNA Covid vaccines, more commonly the Moderna and I’ve only seen a report of 1 death in a man under 30 temporally linked to a Covid vaccine. Since myocarditis are reported in many vaccines including tetanus and influenza, we might as well check the link to those vaccines if we go down this road. Makes more sense to let the information come out if the family wants it to on their own timeline.