Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

azgreg

More classified documents

On 1/12/2023 at 11:39 AM, grandjean87 said:

That's fine on the latter part in certain cases, but you might need to rethink a House investigation as unbiased (as you so implied).  

Btw: I was fine with the Mueller investigation and report assigned by Sessions.  It was the obfuscation by Barr that was the issue, but that wasn't the special counsel. 

Personally I work off the assumption that the DOJ doesn’t want to bring charges against Biden, and their investigation and their decision whether to bring charges will be done influenced by the fact that they want that outcome. A Republican House investigation will have the exact opposite motivation. I don’t think there is an entity that can truly objectively investigate Biden, so I’d prefer two investigations. 

On 1/12/2023 at 1:32 PM, SalinasSpartan said:

Personally I work off the assumption that the DOJ doesn’t want to bring charges against Biden, and their investigation and their decision whether to bring charges will be done influenced by the fact that they want that outcome. A Republican House investigation will have the exact opposite motivation. I don’t think there is an entity that can truly objectively investigate Biden, so I’d prefer two investigations. 

That's a fair set of concerns.  The DoJ is supposed to be independent, but of course there is a structural political problem inherent there.  The history of special prosecutors/counsels is long and mixed, but I'd take it over the political body (House) especially in these times.  

The Senate Select Committee (Republican-led) report paralleled much of the Mueller Report so while I would be very skeptical of this House, it's certainly possible to get another parallel between a special counsel and political body report.  

On 1/12/2023 at 11:15 AM, SalinasSpartan said:

If you understood what an element was you would know that there is no way to know if all the elements in the statutes you cited have been violated based on some phuckin news articles. 

Keep digging. You’re doing a bang up job lol

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 1/9/2023 at 7:59 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Keeping SCI documents in your garage is pretty freaking bad, man.   How does this even happen?  These are our nations most important secrets (outside the alien stuff).  

Halfman is a fed! He knew this stuff three days ago!

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 1/12/2023 at 2:11 PM, GoDogs22 said:

This just seems more like carelessness than any sort of sinister doings.  But it helps keep the false equivalence between Biden and Trump going, and that's all that really matters in the end. Not to mention that they did comply with NARA as soon as the docs were found.

The attorneys reported it, but not for two months after they found them which would suggest that there was at least some contemplation of what would happen if they didn't report them at all. And the reports are that he used the documents before his election in 2020, so they obviously didn't just sit in the corner unnoticed during the decade he had them. They did not, in any way shape or form, comply with NARA as soon as they were found and Biden never took any action to comply over the years, though he clearly knew he had them. 

On 1/12/2023 at 1:10 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Keep digging. You’re doing a bang up job lol

I wonder why they even bothered with the special counsel when they can just read some news articles and solve the case? 

On 1/12/2023 at 1:38 PM, UNLV2001 said:

There is no need for an investigation, @thelawlorfaithfuldid some googling and solved everything. Somebody just needs to send Garland a link to this thread so the case can be closed and impeachment proceedings can begin. 

On 1/12/2023 at 1:44 PM, SalinasSpartan said:

I wonder why they even bothered with the special counsel when they can just read some news articles and solve the case? 

I’m sure you do wonder that. Google conflict of interest and read an article. That should help.

On 1/12/2023 at 1:47 PM, SalinasSpartan said:

There is no need for an investigation, @thelawlorfaithfuldid some googling and solved everything. Somebody just needs to send Garland a link to this thread so the case can be closed and impeachment proceedings can begin. 

And if you’d all just listen to me you’d sound much less dumb 95% of the time. But carry on.

On 1/12/2023 at 1:56 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

I’m sure you do wonder that. Google conflict of interest and read an article. That should help.

Dude, my over arching point here is you can’t prove a criminal case with news articles. Even if you were qualified to make a legal determination whether probable cause exists to arrest Biden for violating the statutes you cited… you don’t have access to the evidence that you would NEED to make that determination!

Stop pretending you do, it’s weird. 

On 1/12/2023 at 2:02 PM, SalinasSpartan said:

Dude, my over arching point here is you can’t prove a criminal case with news articles. Even if you were qualified to make a legal determination whether probable cause exists to arrest Biden for violating the statutes you cited… you don’t have access to the evidence that you would NEED to make that determination!

Stop pretending you do, it’s weird. 

And I wouldn’t worry about it because a case will never be brought. The narrative will go that yes, some classified materials were temporarily for years misplaced, they were not mishandled because a garage in a house where Hunter Biden snorts coke out of a prostitutes anuses financed by his cadre of low life foreign friends is a perfectly safe place to store said documents. The right will howl, the Republicans will impeach, the Democrats will acquit, the left will rally around any stupid excuse to defend this behavior and we’ll all live happily ever after.

But you’d have to be a damn moron if you didn’t think a crime wasn’t committed here.

On 1/12/2023 at 2:14 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

And I wouldn’t worry about it because a case will never be brought. The narrative will go that yes, some classified materials were temporarily for years misplaced, they were not mishandled because a garage in a house where Hunter Biden snorts coke out of a prostitutes anuses financed by his cadre of low life foreign friends is a perfectly safe place to store said documents. The right will howl, the Republicans will impeach, the Democrats will acquit, the left will rally around any stupid excuse to defend this behavior and we’ll all live happily ever after.

But you’d have to be a damn moron if you didn’t think a crime wasn’t committed here.

I just don’t have a lust for making definitive statements about criminal cases after reading news articles. I know what I know, and I know what I don’t know. And what I don’t know is the actual evidence that could determine whether Biden or Trump committed crimes.

You want to play make believe where your above opinion is some “informed opinion”. Well, it isn’t. It’s just vibes. 

On 1/12/2023 at 2:23 PM, SalinasSpartan said:

I just don’t have a lust for making definitive statements about criminal cases after reading news articles. I know what I know, and I know what I don’t know. And what I don’t know is the actual evidence that could determine whether Biden or Trump committed crimes.

You want to play make believe where your above opinion is some “informed opinion”. Well, it isn’t. It’s just vibes. 

You want be told what to think so I’m telling you. They mishandled top secret information. That’s a crime on the books. Sorry you voted for a crook.

On 1/12/2023 at 3:47 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

You want be told what to think so I’m telling you. They mishandled top secret information. That’s a crime on the books. Sorry you voted for a crook.

....and smoking dope is a federal offense too.  Just because it is "on the books" isn't necessarily the deciding factor.   Just look at the emoluments clause which was also there. 

Posted Image

On 1/12/2023 at 3:45 PM, Akkula said:

....and smoking dope is a federal offense too.  Just because it is "on the books" isn't necessarily the deciding factor.   Just look at the emoluments clause which was also there. 

Lmfao

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/12/22/trump-classified-prosecutions-mar-a-lago/

In Kansas City, a former FBI analyst pleaded guilty in October to taking home more than 300 classified files or documents, including highly sensitive material about al-Qaeda and an associate of Osama bin Laden. She faces up to 10 years in prison. In Massachusetts, a defense contractor pleaded guilty in 2019 to removing classified national defense information from his office and storing it at home. He got 18 months.

And in Maryland, Harold Martin, a former government contractor, took home a huge number of hard and digital copies of classified materials — the equivalent of 500 million pages — though he never shared it with anyone. He is midway through a nine-year prison sentence.

“For nearly 20 years, Harold Martin betrayed the trust placed in him by stealing and retaining a vast quantity of highly classified national defense information entrusted to him,” U.S. Attorney Robert K. Hur said in a Justice Department news release in 2019. “This sentence, which is one of the longest ever imposed in this type of case, should serve as a warning that we will find and prosecute government employees and contractors who flagrantly violate their duty to protect classified materials.” 

…The criteria for prosecuting people who improperly handle classified documents are clear: Prosecutors must prove a person deliberately flouted rules for how to store the material securely, while knowing it was classified or secret national defense information. They do not need to establish evidence that the person tried to sell the classified material or shared it with others.

“The person’s motive is more relevant to a defense for mitigation purposes than it is for prosecuting cases,” said Mark S. Zaid, a lawyer who has handled espionage cases.

On 1/12/2023 at 4:52 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Prosecutors must prove a person deliberately flouted rules for how to store the material securely, while knowing it was classified or secret national defense information.

It is gonna be pretty difficult to say Biden "deliberately flouted."  With Trump that is easy. 

Prosecutors have to prove reckless... not just carelessness based on your definition. 

Posted Image

Just watched the WH press secretary stumble around while covering for corruption. I have stated multiple times that our politicians on both sides do not have the people's best interests. But the excuses coming from the left regarding classified documents found at Biden's residence are becoming entertaining. Evidently it was totally accidental, completely different and if the president or vice president owns a Corvette America will be safer. Fun times ahead. Get your Venn diagrams and school busses ready just in case.