Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

azgreg

More classified documents

On 1/11/2023 at 7:50 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

You typed this out without knowing at all how often this occurs, didn’t you? The DOJ just letting everyone off on big whoopsies on misplacing top secret documents. Oh no Akkula, don’t get off your knees and wipe your mouth. It’s all very illustrative.

You are just pissed that historically in such cases the DOJ has opted NOT to press charges because they WANT people to voluntarily come forward before they have to chase them down.  You just want a political decision made to throw the book at Biden just BECAUSE he is Biden.

Trump's situation is very...very...very...clear.  You don't force the FBI to raid you after asking nicely AND getting a subpoena.  

In any event....Trump rules are in effect for Biden....You can do whatever the hell you want as president and not get prosecuted so why even discuss?

Posted Image

On 1/11/2023 at 4:28 PM, Akkula said:

You are just pissed that historically in such cases the DOJ has opted NOT to press charges because they WANT people to voluntarily come forward before they have to chase them down.  You just want a political decision made to throw the book at Biden just BECAUSE he is Biden.

Trump's situation is very...very...very...clear.  You don't force the FBI to raid you after asking nicely AND getting a subpoena.  

In any event....Trump rules are in effect for Biden....You can do whatever the hell you want as president and not get prosecuted so why even discuss?

How long before you get more egg on your face here? It only took a couple of hours today. Keep going though. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 1/11/2023 at 9:26 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

They would 100% be convicted if brought to trial. The law is clear. Even an idiot jury could see this.

And I wasn’t lamenting it. I was mocking the dullards who keep twisting themselves into pretzels regurgitating every new excuse as to why a law hasn’t been broken. If you want the standard to be this law doesn’t matter then fine. But that’s clearly not the case. The espionage act being wielded in a double standard is clown shoes, so I clown those that want to use it that way.

And I’m sorry, it’s not realpolitik, it’s just the law. Trump is a private citizen who broke the law. He doesn’t need to be impeached and removed in order to be punished for doing so. Biden does. The Attorney General can’t constitutionally imprison the President because all the power of his office is vested in him by that President. I don’t know how Trump being able to raise money, not a crime mind you, has anything to do with any of this. Other than a feeble attempt to shield oneself from their own hypocrisy.

And that’s another thing, if there is a DOJ investigation why isn’t it run by a special counsel? The entire point of a special counsel is that the government has a conflict of interest. Which here it clearly does.

So you are saying Trump committed a felony directly related to his time as President and he shouldn’t be impeached? That’s just a complete load of bullshit.

On 1/11/2023 at 9:45 PM, SalinasSpartan said:

So you are saying Trump committed a felony directly related to his time as President and he shouldn’t be impeached? That’s just a complete load of bullshit.

He’s not the President so he doesn’t need to be impeached. It wasn’t until he office left him did possessing that classified information become unauthorized and illegal. He committed a felony post-Presidency in private life. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 1/11/2023 at 10:28 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

He’s not the President so he doesn’t need to be impeached. It wasn’t until he office left him did possessing that classified information become unauthorized and illegal. He committed a felony post-Presidency in private life. 

Lol

On 1/11/2023 at 10:54 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

K

I mean, what else can I do but laugh at a 3 sentence post where sentences 2 and 3 contradict the first?

You open by repeating your claim that Trump isn’t the president so he “doesn’t need to be impeached”. The clear implication is that he COULD.

Then in sentences 2 and 3 you apparently change your mind and now Trump can’t even be impeached because he “committed a felony post-Presidency in private life”. 

If he can’t be impeached your line about him not needing to be impeached makes no sense. 

So, which is it? Does he not NEED to be impeached or can he NOT be impeached? 

Also, if Biden’s files were from his tenure as VP, then doesn’t the same logic apply? That his crime became a crime after his time as VP when he was in private life? Because if he didn’t know about the files and immediately turned them over upon discovery there wouldn’t be a crime committed while he was President. 

On 1/12/2023 at 12:00 AM, SalinasSpartan said:

I mean, what else can I do but laugh at a 3 sentence post where sentences 2 and 3 contradict the first?

You open by repeating your claim that Trump isn’t the president so he “doesn’t need to be impeached”. The clear implication is that he COULD.

Then in sentences 2 and 3 you apparently change your mind and now Trump can’t even be impeached because he “committed a felony post-Presidency in private life”. 

If he can’t be impeached your line about him not needing to be impeached makes no sense. 

Also, if Biden’s files were from his tenure as VP, then doesn’t the same logic apply? That his crime became a crime after his time as VP when he was in private life? Because if he didn’t know about the files and immediately turned them over upon discovery there wouldn’t be a crime committed while he was President. 

Not sure what you are reading or maybe I am the one with reading problems?  I read it as Trump committed felonies and should face the consequences  of those as a private citizen, Biden can not constitutionally face those consequences as a private citizen unless removed from office.

I don't see any double standard or flip flopping in this particular thread, although I do recall my buddy Lawlor saying "it better be aliens" regarding Trump.

On 1/11/2023 at 11:16 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Not sure what you are reading or maybe I am the one with reading problems?  I read it as Trump committed felonies and should face the consequences  of those as a private citizen, Biden can not constitutionally face those consequences as a private citizen unless removed from office.

I don't see any double standard or flip flopping in this particular thread, although I do recall my buddy Lawlor saying "it better be aliens" regarding Trump.

The it better be aliens was a nice way of saying that after Clinton you are +++++ing around and will find out unless this is something earth shattering. Biden sure did +++++ around.

On 1/12/2023 at 12:26 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

The it better be aliens was a nice way of saying that after Clinton you are +++++ing around and will find out unless this is something earth shattering. Biden sure did +++++ around.

Yeah I don't get how our resident lefties say that Clinton did not obstruct justice, even if technical legalize means she didn't....she freaiking used bleach bit to scrub everything and "I don't recall" was clearly lying under oath.

It is beyond a doubt her server was hacked, any tens of thousands of US highschool kids could have hacked it and we don't think she was?  Give me a break.  She put american assets in danger.

On 1/11/2023 at 11:00 PM, SalinasSpartan said:

I didn’t say he couldn’t be impeached. I said he didn’t need to be. I laid out in great detail during the run up to the second impeachment that being in office isn’t a prerequisite for impeachment. It just doesn’t matter for prosecution of criminal activities.

Who do you think classified information is for? Not the VP. It’s classified for the President’s eyes and those in the executive branch that serve him. 

He had possession of them. That’s a crime in itself. And you’d have to be an absolute idiot to believe he didn’t know he had top secret information. Somebody took classified info to his office and another yet undisclosed location. These were not places where it was supposed to be.

That doesn’t really cut it.

On 1/11/2023 at 11:28 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yeah I don't get how our resident lefties say that Clinton did not obstruct justice, even if technical legalize means she didn't....she freaiking used bleach bit to scrub everything and "I don't recall" was clearly lying under oath.  

Trust me, they don’t get how either. They just don’t care if it’s someone they voted for.

On 1/12/2023 at 12:35 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Trust me, they don’t get how either. They just don’t care if it’s someone they voted for.

Our resident board lefties were saying "there is no proof she was ever hacked and that classified information fell into wrong hands!"

Like, tell me you are an idiot without telling me you are an idiot lol.  I freaking could have got into her server...and you don't think Russia, Iran, China etc... did not?  Fuuuuuuuck outa here.  Her classified info was far more easily accessible than Trumps closet in Flordia surrouded by spies lol.  Childs play to get into.  

On 1/11/2023 at 11:32 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Who do you think classified information is for? Not the VP. It’s classified for the President’s eyes and those in the executive branch that serve him. 

Seeing as we don't know the true contents of materials of either Trump or Biden's documents, this is a false statement.  Perhaps a re-wording, because "classified" is a large umbrella of documents of various levels of permissions.  And I would be hard-pressed to find many documents that are removable from an extremely secure location that only the President would even have access to that somehow a VP would get their hands even remotely close to take off-site.  

On 1/12/2023 at 1:13 AM, East Coast Aztec said:

Seeing as we don't know the true contents of materials of either Trump or Biden's documents, this is a false statement.  Perhaps a re-wording, because "classified" is a large umbrella of documents of various levels of permissions.  And I would be hard-pressed to find many documents that are removable from an extremely secure location that only the President would even have access to that somehow a VP would get their hands even remotely close to take off-site.  

All members of the executive branch derive their legal authority from the office of the Presidency. Of course not all classified information passes before the President’s eyes but the principle remains the same. The idea that classified documents belong to the VP or an underling and not the President is unconstitutional.