Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Nevada @ SDSU

On 1/9/2023 at 2:31 PM, Spaztecs said:

The broadcast schedules and windows were devised last summer. Last summer, and on paper, Wyoming-USU seemed the better game for FS1. Or whoever got to pick first for Tuesday night. 

doesn't CBS always have 1st choice?

On 1/9/2023 at 2:33 PM, NVGiant said:

It's on TV and available to anyone in the country who wants to watch it. What is the complaint here?

Well, to begin with, FS1 is available to 50% more viewers than CBSSN. That's an additional 30 million pairs of eyeballs that should be watching our game instead of Who-Gives-a-F*ck versus No-one Cares.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

On 1/9/2023 at 2:42 PM, TheSanDiegan said:

Well, to begin with, FS1 is available to 50% more viewers than CBSSN. That's an additional 30 million pairs of eyeballs that should be watching our game instead of Who-Gives-a-F*ck versus No-one Cares.

Who cares? That's 30 million people who wouldn't be watching the game. Not sure what the average viewership of a Tuesday night game on FS1 and CBS Sports Network is, but it ain't moving many needles either way. 

On 1/8/2023 at 2:44 PM, Nevada Convert said:

How is a #29 vs. #22 Net ranked team game where the 2 undefeated teams in conference play are going for #1 in the standings in the 5th best NCAA BB conference not a nationally televised game? This game needs to get picked up. 

We've been lucky to have our last two games aired on CBS.

On 1/9/2023 at 4:23 PM, NVGiant said:

Who cares? That's 30 million people who wouldn't be watching the game. Not sure what the average viewership of a Tuesday night game on FS1 and CBS Sports Network is, but it ain't moving many needles either way. 

Well, I care, for one. I can understand though why you wouldn't... If I were you I'm not sure I'd want the snuff film that will be tomorrow's game seen by one more eyeball than absolutely necessary. :ph34r:

On 1/8/2023 at 5:12 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Which is one of the down sides of not having a contract with ESPN. 

CBS actually moved to the Wyoming game with SDSU before their previous game (which no one in San Diego of Wyoming gave a crap about)  it was over. Why that doesn't happen more, I don't know.

On 1/9/2023 at 5:32 PM, TheSanDiegan said:

Well, I care, for one. I can understand though why you wouldn't... If I were you I'm not sure I'd want the snuff film that will be tomorrow's game seen by one more eyeball than absolutely necessary. :ph34r:

Welp, if you want eyeballs a blowout isn’t gonna help.

TV viewing options aside, looking forward to the game. I haven't seen Nevada play yet this year but as one of the very few admirers of Alford, I know he'll have his team ready.  I'm expecting a close contest between two well coached teams that know how to win.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 1/9/2023 at 6:25 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

Hope I'm wrong but I'm leaning toward UNR. I just don't think this undisciplined Aztec team can be considered more than 50/50 to beat anybody much less a team which has been playing lights out.

Well, we're 12-3 so the whole 50-50 thing is sort of moot.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 1/9/2023 at 6:25 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

Hope I'm wrong but I'm leaning toward UNR. I just don't think this undisciplined Aztec team can be considered more than 50/50 to beat anybody much less a team which has been playing lights out.

If it was at home maybe, but winning on the road will be really tough.

On 1/9/2023 at 6:52 PM, bigd said:

Nevada hasn’t beat SDSU in San Diego since 1998. You’ve had our number even during the Muss days. It would be nice to get that monkey off our back.

Because the current SDSU squad has exhibited next to no killer instinct, they're quite likely to let you guys hang around until the end so this could be the one that kills the monkey.

I expect after the Pokes put up as many as they did on us on Saturday that we'll come out playing some lockdown D wanting to show we're as good or better than advertised.

Whether we actually are or not will be determined in another eight hours or so. 

giphy.gif

On 1/9/2023 at 3:40 PM, TheSanDiegan said:

Did it, tho? Pre-Season polls had us winning the conference, and while the Pokes were picked 2nd, USU and Nevada were picked 8th and 9th respectively, so note sure how a WYO-USU matchup would have been considered a better slot filler than Nevada-SDSU just a couple months earlier.

The Aztecs are the biggest MBB brand in the conference, Viejas the best home venue, and San Diego the bigger TV market. 

tl;dr - My points stands.

I was assuming CBSSports had first pick in that time slot.

What do I know ?

It's on tv. I will stream the game. I don't often watch Basketball, but this seems like a good game.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 1/10/2023 at 3:29 PM, Spaztecs said:

I was assuming CBSSports had first pick in that time slot.

What do I know ?

It's on tv. I will stream the game. I don't often watch Basketball, but this seems like a good game.

Spoiler Alert: Tonight the Aztecs aren't playing Oxy, Kennesaw State or UCSD. In the great majority of their other 12 wins they've had the chance to build a 10-15 point lead into a curb stomping but found a way to allow those opponents to stay in the game. I expect tonight to be exactly the same and this one could end up like Arkansas where, in the end, that bit them in the end.