Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

MWC HOOPS 1/7/23- WHO YA GOT?

I was surprised to see Boise State favored against Utah State as I think the Aggies are really solid. Of course, I said that before the USU-Weber State game and we saw what happened there. 

The only team I feel confident about winning is Nevada. Which means they will probably lose. LOL. 

I’m 8-10 on the season. I didn’t post Wednesdays game but you had to know I had Nevada -4.

Aztecs make the pilgrimage to Laramie on what has become their favorite road trip. Top team in the league matched up with a squad absolutely decimated by injuries. Looks like easy money to me which always scares the heck out of me. But I have to ride with the Aztecs and I’ll even throw in an Under as I think Wyoming will really struggle to score today.

Both Nevada and San Jose State are playing well. I just think Nevada is a little better and I think they match up really well with Sparty. I’ll take the Pack today.

I look for CSU to get off the schneid  today but I’ll take Fresno +6. And by now you know I always take the under in a Fresno game.

Then we come to the two biggest games of the day. Two teams inside the NCAA bubble and two teams on the outside but having a peak.

It’s Boises defense against The Aggies’ offense.  I think this one goes down to the final possession and I like Boise to cover the 1.5.

And then there the Running Rebels in a sold out Pit against the fast and furious Lobos. With UNLV sitting 0-2, it’s pretty much a must for them and I think they come out punching. I think the Lobos win but UNLV gets it in under the number. Rebels +5 for me.

We’ll find out tonight… was 14 in a row an anomaly, or did we just have a lucky streak going that finally ended. This UNLV team is big and scary looking. We’ll find out if a Pit crowd can help Los Lobos, against a bigger more athletic team.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

On 1/7/2023 at 8:32 AM, LoboMan59 said:

We’ll find out tonight… was 14 in a row an anomaly, or did we just have a lucky streak going that finally ended. This UNLV team is big and scary looking. We’ll find out if a Pit crowd can help Los Lobos, against a bigger more athletic team.

When UNLV played the Aztecs I thought the Rebels looked small.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

On 1/7/2023 at 9:40 AM, Old_SD_Dude said:

That’s cause SDSU is bigger and more athletic than Vegas. I saw highlights of that game in Vegas, Los Aztecas will March through conference play, and right into the dance.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

On 1/7/2023 at 9:29 AM, LoboMan59 said:

That’s cause SDSU is bigger and more athletic than Vegas. I saw highlights of that game in Vegas, Los Aztecas will March through conference play, and right into the dance.

I wouldn’t be so sure. They are definitely athletic and deep. But they can go ice cold from 3 and give up the 3 ball a lot against a well executing team.

It's a bigger game for UNLV.  They don't want to lose all the momentum and belief in themselves that they carried through December.  A loss could really hurt their psyche as a team IMO. 

And the 2 losses in a row aren't bad losses at all.   

Still UNM's last 2 games show they're a different team on the road.    If UNM gets it going early it could be a blowout.  UNLV needs to keep  House from running the ball to the hoop. 

If I was a bettor,  I think I'd give the points and stick with the Lobos. 

The best teams in the MWC won't lose games at home.

On 1/7/2023 at 8:40 AM, Old_SD_Dude said:

They ARE small. I'd love to see KK bring in some players with the size and physicality of the Aztecs. Plus KK needs to put in some serious work on rebounding. Ugh.

On 1/7/2023 at 12:44 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

I’d take Aggies. Boise seems to be in some kind of funk right now. Sellout crowd always seems to put pressure on Leon’s teams and they end up playing tight.

FTR, Leon is 13-4 at home with sellout or near sellout (11k+) crowds. 

I’d take Aggies. Boise seems to be in some kind of funk right now. Sellout crowd always seems to put pressure on Leon’s teams and they end up playing tight.

USU has struggled in Boise. Call it the Duryea effect. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

Not accurate. Leon's teams are 13-3 when they have 11k+ in the arena. All three losses were to top 25 teams. They've been very good under Leon when the people show up.